BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

Convo will have gone like this.

Nyambe agent: “We’d like 20k a week”

GB: “Get fucked”

Agent: “well we can get that elsewhere”

GB: “off you go then”

4 weeks later, what most of the Rovers fans I spoke to knew would happen has happened. He’s gone to a team who finished 13 places lower than us. Yet some think we’ve just lost a £5million asset!!! Bang average, replaceable.

Worth baring in mind, it wasn’t that we weren’t offering enough back in January/February/March etc. Nyambe’s agent (both of them) didn’t converse with the club whatsoever about a new deal at any point in the last year. Until (surprisingly) the offers didn’t come flowing in for him. Nyambe does not want to sign for us, we don’t want to sign him. Let’s all move on.

Except we don't look like replacing him 

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

He was a good player for Rovers, a championship quality right back. We now do not have one - nor are likely to before the season starts, and possibly beyond. How can that be a good thing? 

Wanted more money than what he was worth, wasn't very good for us and doesn't fit what we need, if he was available on a free from another club I wouldn't be remotely interested in signing him. Time to invest in a right back who fits the system.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Bodies is what we need tbh. Square pegs in round holes would be an improvement right now because atleast we'd have some pegs. 

And a further drain on the wage bill - though I would obviously prefer us to sign players prior to the start of the season - if it means waiting a few more weeks to get the right signing at the right wage - though impatient I will wait. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

What happened around Nyambe to Middlesbrough? Didnt Wilder rate him?

obviously not,though i suspect it was a rumour,boro are well stocked in that position,tbh it`s ******* funny that nyambe has ended up at wigan(if true),certain it was`nt his chosen destination when he refused to sign a new deal😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

You dont go to Celtic with this team and get a 2-2 draw with alot of youngsters....there are many talented players at Rovers and JDT gives them a chance. 

It won't be much of a chance if they don't have the right support around them on the pitch with at least a modicum of experience.

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

JDT has said that he need signings....he wont tell us who he wants or anyone else .... why would he until they are signed?

He’s also repeatedly pretty much said he has no involvement in signings and that they’re down to GB and the recruitment team. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Maybe, but currently he's got a choice of Brown, Carter, JRC and Pike... so he's fucked.

I think JDT has a choice for right-back of Brown or Pike. The other two are not right-backs. This is no-way ideal, but it is what we have at the moment. I still think we will be challenging for the play-offs this season.

• Like 1