BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I know this is just one fan’s opinion but my Barnsley supporting mate who told me Hedges wouldn’t get in our team has said the following about Brittain:

“You can have him. No composure, pretty poor touch but just has one trick he does over and over again which can give him some joy.”

I getting a strong whiff of sour grapes...

• Like 7

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

that must be made up🤣

A few saying it is, and a google search with the exact quote yielded no match. It's certainly not in the LT article, or another I read.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I know this is just one fan’s opinion but my Barnsley supporting mate who told me Hedges wouldn’t get in our team has said the following about Brittain:

“You can have him. No composure, pretty poor touch but just has one trick he does over and over again which can give him some joy.”

My mate also just messaged me saying:

"On his day he's great but too many poor performances. Last season he was so bad. I'll definitely take £1.5 mill for him if that's accurate"

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Haven't kept up to date with happenings today so apologies if I've missed anything obvious.

Why all the excitement about Brittain, has he signed or have we merely been linked with him?

Deal expected to be done.1.5 million reportedly.Barnsley media expect the deal to happen.Sharpe said earlier that a medical had been scheduled 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

My post is about Gally not Nyambe Rev

I know it was.

Boro tenuously linked to Gallagher. They were also linked to Nyambe at one stage as well.

You obviously don't rate Nyambe but are trying to use the fact that Boro are linked with Gallagher as proof he's a good-un because Wilder knows what he's doing etc etc.

(The last bit I agree with so I'd be gob smacked if their alleged interest in Gallagher was serious)

20 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I've asked some questions at the wigan side from a friend who is part of the coaching team. 

I'm as livid as you regarding the situation, 

At the same time trying to be positive we may actually sign someone.

However the facts are just not out there at present, bar he has signed a one year deal.

Perhaps it needs its own thread?

Or perhaps, as he has left us, we just consign it to history.

7 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Whereas mine has said 

“He’s very good, not great around the box, couldn’t hit a barn door but confident on the ball and sharp as fuck. Bastards!”

Only one way to find out!

• Like 5

Just now, islander200 said:

Deal expected to be done.1.5 million reportedly.Barnsley media expect the deal to happen.Sharpe said earlier that a medical had been scheduled 

OK thanks.

Personally I'd far rather have kept Nyambe but given he has gone,  RB is now the biggest of a number of big holes in the squad so anyone coming in would be welcome.

Given our track record in these things, I'll keep the champagne on ice until it's confirmed though.

One positive, if the fee is £1.5m that would tend to be indicative of a decent budget having been made available given the number of positions that need filling.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

OK thanks.

Personally I'd far rather have kept Nyambe but given he has gone,  RB is now the biggest of a number of big holes in the squad so anyone coming in would be welcome.

Given our track record in these things, I'll keep the champagne on ice until it's confirmed though.

One positive, if the fee is £1.5m that would tend to be indicative of a decent budget having been made available given the number of positions that need filling.

That was my thoughts too, if we spend £1.5 on signing one, then that's great news in terms of funding transfers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

And the season before he played a big role when they finished top 6.

Him being relegated as a Barnsley player is irrelevant he is a good player

Is it irrelevant? He played a regular part in that relegation so that can't be totally disregarded.

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we have to agree to disagree on this. I think JDT has done exactly what he said he would be by assessing the current squad including the good young players we have. Now we need a few signings which hopefully over the days and weeks we get in.; Don't need more than 5 or 6 signings in my opinion but its a good squad if we make the right type of signing. 

Because at this point in time (and moreso yesterday when I commented) we have huge holes in the squad where key players leave. As it stands, our squad looks very thin.

Stop making out like it was a specific plan not to sign anyone until now, as if it is all part of a huge plan. Lets hope a number of those signings are made in the coming days to get involved from the off.

36 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Jason!?!, surely not, Are you an ITK? @neophox

He mentioned Sessegnon as a potential signing yesterday, 2 weeks after joining Charlton.

22 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

This. I was told a few weeks ago from a member of the current coaching team that Nyambe was ready to sign with no other offers on the table. Shortly after, it all broke down and I was genuinely shocked. My feeling at the time was that we must’ve turned him down, but I wimped out of saying on here because it’d have been ridiculed.

Him signing a one year deal at Wigan says it all…a decent championship defender at best. The end.

A decent Championship defender at least yes, so if we pulled away altogether considering that we are hardly stocked with them, then that would be odd.

Do you still stand by rating Rankin Costello more?

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Styles and Brittain not in Barnsley team.....

Seems like quite a changed line up anyway. Presumably they will go to full strength at the weekend.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Dunno why but this made me think of Mcateer,

Does everyone remember when we was gonna sign Stubbs and Mcateer, and when we didnt get one of them, we decided we didnt want the other?

Yeh Annoying because Stubbs was a solid young(at the time) premier league defender in his own right and Mcateer was always a bit of an inconsistent  gobshyte

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Who on earth are "Waggots minions " ? Why are you so determined to create divisions amongst Rovers fans ?

Blimey....feel the irony. You couldn't wait to get on here and post after Mowbray won a do just to wind folk up. Never heard from you after a loss.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it irrelevant? He played a regular part in that relegation so that can't be totally disregarded.

Because at this point in time (and moreso yesterday when I commented) we have huge holes in the squad where key players leave. As it stands, our squad looks very thin.

Stop making out like it was a specific plan not to sign anyone until now, as if it is all part of a huge plan. Lets hope a number of those signings are made in the coming days to get involved from the off.

He mentioned Sessegnon as a potential signing yesterday, 2 weeks after joining Charlton.

A decent Championship defender at least yes, so if we pulled away altogether considering that we are hardly stocked with them, then that would be odd.

Do you still stand by rating Rankin Costello more?

Seems like quite a changed line up anyway. Presumably they will go to full strength at the weekend.

Never said we would sign Sessegnon....said he could be available but missed that he went to Charlton. He's better than league one for sure.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is a bit.

We had Danny Graham, Charlie Mulgrew, Craig Conway, Lenihan, Raya, Nyambe, Sam Gallagher and Lucas Joao et al in our squad when we went down.

All very decent.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Have to admit I’ve just read the Barnsley forum thread on him and it’s not quite what I was expecting based on the  positive reaction on here.