BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Sharpe saying that signing Brittain will open the door for Brown to go out on loan. Surely having him as back up RB is a better move for the club? JRCs natural position is further forward so I'd rather see him given a few minutes further up the pitch and used as emergency 3rd choice RB (maybe even 4th behind Carter) 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Sharpe saying that signing Brittain will open the door for Brown to go out on loan. Surely having him as back up RB is a better move for the club? JRCs natural position is further forward so I'd rather see him given a few minutes further up the pitch and used as emergency 3rd choice RB (maybe even 4th behind Carter) 

Think it’s more because JDT favours an attacking full back

Poveda had one good game at ewood, I can't remember who against. But he scored and might have got an assist too. He was terrible before that and then obviously got injured. He'd be a good prospect if he was like 18/19 but he's a few years older and not good enough.

Loads of players have managed one good game in the last season or so. Off the top of my head Paul downing when he got that assist, magloire mid week against I want to say wigan and even Clarkson when he played that ball through with the outside of his boot.

Avoid.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Hendry, definitely….maybeee Henning but I’m not giving you Dunny mate!! 🙈🤣🤣

Youre right, can work out but they’re more the exception to the rule than the rule.

Come on Henning can't be a maybe. Came back and helped lead us to a promotion, a cup win and a couple of campaigns in Europe. He was superb in his second stint.

Dunny was hit and miss for sure, but his season in 09-10 was superb playing further forward off the striker.

Anyway, i wouldn't take Poveda back, i'm sure there are better quality players out there we could get for that position.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TruRover said:

Edun will come good this season. Never got a proper run of games in his natural position - give him that and I’m certain he’ll impress

Hmmm.... He's a tidy all rounder but I can't really see where he fits in. Not physical, poor in the air, standard quality passing, not particularly a dribbler or pacy etc. Feels a similar sort of players to Davenport but not quite as good.

It'll be a bonus if he steps up, but I am not anticipating it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Poveda had one good game at ewood, I can't remember who against. But he scored and might have got an assist too. He was terrible before that and then obviously got injured. He'd be a good prospect if he was like 18/19 but he's a few years older and not good enough.

Loads of players have managed one good game in the last season or so. Off the top of my head Paul downing when he got that assist, magloire mid week against I want to say wigan and even Clarkson when he played that ball through with the outside of his boot.

Avoid.

Sheff United - he was brilliant! I took my friend (United fan) and he was waxing lyrical 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

It’s not the fact he’s been relegated it’s more the fact people seem genuinely giddy about the prospect of merely being linked with someone. It’s incredible peoples standards have fallen so low.

9 days to the start of the season we’ve merely been linked with a player who sounds like he might be slightly better or slightly worse than nyambe. I’m sure street closures for the mass celebrations will be announced imminently. With permanent signings and loanees we still need to replace Nyambe, Rothwell, Lenihan, van hecke and khadra and that’s just to reach parity with last seasons squad.

By any definition the transfer dealings this summer have been a shambles. If this signing happens and we don’t lose anyone else we still need to sign at least 4 players to effectively break even.

Its a shit show down Ewood 

I think the majority of people on here, myself included are excited because it means the ball is rolling. The story came out yesterday and sounds like he will be announced today so there is clearly lots more going on than any of us on here know about behind the scenes. The fact it’s a permanent and we’ve spent some money is another thing to be positive about.

I think you are being unfair calling it a shit show, there’s an entire new structure in place at the club which might work it might not but I’m willing to give them a few windows and the manager a couple of seasons before I go into melt down! If you don’t have hope as a football fan then genuinely what is the point? 

Edited by Galgaterover10
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hmmm.... He's a tidy all rounder but I can't really see where he fits in. Not physical, poor in the air, standard quality passing, not particularly a dribbler or pacy etc. Feels a similar sort of players to Davenport but not quite as good.

It'll be a bonus if he steps up, but I am not anticipating it.

Tricky one to understand, is Tayo. I think he can fill in at LB/LWB (although not sure he has good enough positional awareness when playing LWB), but I think he should be encouraged to challenge for a midfield battler role. Lefty CMs with a defensive leaning are tricky to come up against and if there’re right-footed opponents used to running the show from the middle, he would definitely be useful to disrupt that. Can’t see Trav being permanently dislodged but if Edun wants to push on in his career, he has to prove himself.

I think either a first-choice LB/LWB or someone to push Pickering would allow the above. I have my doubts on Pickering, not convinced by him physically and the press may expose that side of his game.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

No to Poveda. We need a CB, a LB, 2 x CM, and a ST for me now.

Personally don't think LB should be a priority in this window, during last years really good run of form i thought pickering was a very consistent performer, nothing special but  good enough and he gave us natural balance on the left

That said! He does need to step up and start bringing a bit more to the table now, but i think that's something to assess more closely in the next transfer window. 

THAT that said 😅 if there's a higher calibre ready made replacement out there at the right price then why not 😄 i just dont want the potential finances involved detracting from signings made in more key areas

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1