BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

31 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

What sort of post is this! You must be doing it on purpose to wind people up.

we spend millions of pounds a year on our academy, I hope with that outlay we would have a core from our academy as part of any successful team we have. Ironic really considering two of the key players you keep crying about us losing lenihan and nyambe were academy products!

add carter to the list of people you’ve written off before a balls been kicked. The lad is 21 give him a chance FFS

Not sure how somebody who wants promotion and holds that as the standard is seen as trying to wind people up now. Not everybody is buying into this youth project, a project which means we can likely forget about promotion for a few more years.

IMO, it's ridiculous the amount of stick that is being aimed at posters who refuse to parrott club propaganda and go along with the "all is rosy in the garden" narrative. We've already had "it's not 1994 anymore", "he's a dingle", "he's a Preston fan" and "I can't take you seriously". All aimed at fans who demand better.

Promotion is the standard, it damn well should be anyway, and Carter and the rest of the kids aren't up to that standard. Simple as, for me.

At this moment in time, it's blind hope that JDT and Broughton will sort it out, in my opinion. Imagine this pair weren't here right now and we had Mowbray/Adkins/Ferguson in the dugout, with one signing through the door and the season days away.

You can imagine how different the reaction and concern would be on here...yet there's no need to stress and we should chill as Broughton is here? Yeah, right. Broughton has it all to do, in a role he has never worked in before. We need some realism here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And thank god we have rolled the dice!. I can't think of many who'd be a worse choice than the previous incumbent.

You obviously didn't read or digest the meaning of my post properly. I said we're gambling on the new manager being something rather special (due to the lack of recruitment) .

However even if he only turns out to be ordinary that would imo still make him infinitely better than Mowbray. Two separate issues entirely.

I think you are still discounting how much better the ones who didn’t leave will perform. Plus, the “10 out, 1 in” is just yet another BRFCS doom mantra imo. To my mind, we have already replaced Nyambe and Rothwell with better - I’d wager Brittan will surpass Nyambe’s career Rovers assists by Easter and Buckley, if he takes the set pieces, will surpass Rothwell’s goals and assists from last year. Markandy seemingly doesn’t count as new because of his 15 minutes at Hull, and we are better off without Davenport and that slow bearded twat. If we start with Ayala and Wharton in the middle of a back four, it doesn’t matter in the short term that Lenihan and JPVH left. We need depth but not for the first few games.

Bottom line: I fully expect that the fitter, better coached, more motivated, more cohesive team we put out on Saturday would beat a Mowbray team from last year 8/9 times out of 10. Don’t you?

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 8

Transfer news: Summer transfer window 2022 - Championship ins and outs | Transfer Centre News | Sky Sports

All Championship transfers as of yesterday. It may have been mentioned but we've got a bit of catching up to do with most clubs! 

Interestingly, or not, the guy in the very first post of this thread ended up at Wigan in the end. Another one to Nixon. Aye. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not assed so.Would have been worth a punt on a permanent if the fee reasonable but as a loan blades welcome to him 

Agreed. We could rue it of course, he has the potential to rip up this league if he finds himself. Brereton shows how quickly that can happen. But as it stands, I'm OK with this.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not sure how you get Dembele and Jed Wallace for 2.5 mill total. Sounds like bollocks. Transfermarkt reckons Dembele alone cost 2.38 mill.

The same guy who wanted spend time with his family yet wants to get back in work. I don’t trust him as far as I could throw him

• Like 3

4 hours ago, roverstdt said:

The fact is the starting 11 hasn't drastically changed: 

------------------Kaminski (SAME)-------------------

Brittain (NEW)------Ayala (NEW if you want)--------Wharton (Same)------Pickering (Same)

-----------------Travis (Same)----------Buckley (SAME)

Dolan/Markanday/Hedges (Same)-------Dack (Same)----------Diaz (Same)

-------------------------------Gallagher (Same)----------------------

Rothwell didn't start every game, neither did Khadra, I just don't get this panic 

Rothwell started a lot of games, many more than when he was on the bench.

'Dack - Same' .... What? He only appeared from March onwards and then often as a sub.

Apart from that ... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Not sure how somebody who wants promotion and holds that as the standard is seen as trying to wind people up now. Not everybody is buying into this youth project, a project which means we can likely forget about promotion for a few more years.

IMO, it's ridiculous the amount of stick that is being aimed at posters who refuse to parrott club propaganda and go along with the "all is rosy in the garden" narrative. We've already had "it's not 1994 anymore", "he's a dingle", "he's a Preston fan" and "I can't take you seriously". All aimed at fans who demand better.

Promotion is the standard, it damn well should be anyway, and Carter and the rest of the kids aren't up to that standard. Simple as, for me.

At this moment in time, it's blind hope that JDT and Broughton will sort it out, in my opinion. Imagine this pair weren't here right now and we had Mowbray/Adkins/Ferguson in the dugout, with one signing through the door and the season days away.

You can imagine how different the reaction and concern would be on here...yet there's no need to stress and we should chill as Broughton is here? Yeah, right. Broughton has it all to do, in a role he has never worked in before. We need some realism here.

Wharton came back from loan spells in the league's below and made an impact at this level.You have the knowledge and foresight that Carter can't?

It is realism to recognise it isn't easy bringing in Quality players when you dont have an open cheque book.Boro who according to many are the club we should be looking up to?They haven't added any attackers which they need if they are going to be anywhere near promotion. 

Again you have no effin idea how far down the line with players we are. 

So far this summer you guaranteed it would be Adkins or someone of similar ilk who would be the manager.We wouldn't get anyone as good as Nyambe to be proven and different type of player but I'd prefer Brittain especially if it's a possession game going forward.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Rothwell started a lot of games, many more than when he was on the bench.

'Dack - Same' .... What? He only appeared from March onwards and then often as a sub.

Apart from that ... 

So you are challenging 1 extra name that means 8 are still starters. I would take a fully fit Dack any day of the week over Rothwell. We don't know how he will be but if he comes back like we know him, Dack is like a new signing. 

21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wharton came back from loan spells in the league's below and made an impact at this level.You have the knowledge and foresight that Carter can't?

It is realism to recognise it isn't easy bringing in Quality players when you dont have an open cheque book.Boro who according to many are the club we should be looking up to?They haven't added any attackers which they need if they are going to be anywhere near promotion. 

Again you have no effin idea how far down the line with players we are.

When it was put to you that a player had chose to sign for Derby instead of us, what was your response?

"I don't believe it".

You're free to believe whatever you want, as am I.

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

When it was put to you that a player had chose to sign for Derby instead of us, what was your response?

"I don't believe it".

You're free to believe whatever you want, as am I.

Yeah I don't believe it because I go off evidence not the word of one poster with a terrible track record. 

You criticize the club on hear say.No evidence what so ever we offered Hourihane a contract.

You couldn't stop posting how Hourihane claimed he joined Derby due to their ambitions. 

Brittain found us ambitious enough or would you have me believe that we were the only club in the football league who expressed an interest in him?

17 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

So you are challenging 1 extra name that means 8 are still starters. I would take a fully fit Dack any day of the week over Rothwell. We don't know how he will be but if he comes back like we know him, Dack is like a new signing. 

I like Dacky, but Rothwell had 11 assists last season. We will miss him, imo. Definitely too good to lose on a free. But, so were Nyambe & Lenihan. 

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Can't find a Prem thread but Scott Sellars trending &  getting hammered on twitter. No idea why...think he's summat to do with Wolves and their fans don't like him. bastards!

He's been there a while running the U23s i think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but for the championship market to really get going it often takes the premier league clubs getting back from their pre season and releasing the players they are going to loan from the season or deciding what players are made available from transfer.

Not saying we are in for him but hypothetically we want Bowler from Blackpool.We had talks and agreed terms but they won't let him out until the young player they are replacing him with can arrive on loan. 

There have been a few deals iv looked at and thought they would be good signings but not many tbh. 

None of us have a clue what is going on that's why I take issue with some of the things said(not from you) like "Broughton doesn't have any contacts over here" "its obvious we are just waiting for the prem kids on loan".

Nothing is obvious with these clowns owning us.People trying to pass off their theories as fact when they have as much an idea as the rest of us what the owners are likely to do.

Looking at it logically and from what JDT has said he definitely believes money is available so at this point I don't think it will be "definitely kids on loan again and no money spent"

I agree that maybe it won't be loans but equally you can understand why people may fear that scenario based on previous summers most notably last year. Is it passing off theories as fact?

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

In January we had a manager who was sulking and reportedly turned down a few players. 

JDT and Broughton will want players.Repeating myself but Brittain confirmed his deal was a couple of weeks in the making.Whose to say we ain't far along with others?

You have made up that the reason for turning down players was "sulking." 

He said that Premier League loan strikers were turned down because he didn't feel like we needed another central striker, Forss and Connolly were mentioned who were poor elsewhere. Likely a bad decision but lets not add the narrative that it was because he was sulking.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

So Mowbray warns we'd get nothing to spend from the Armstrong deal and there'll be nothing from the BBD sale.  Yet suddenly there'd be money to bring in players he'd allegedly lined up if we'd sold Rothwell mid season ?

Pull the other one, he's gone but he's still changing his narrative to suit from afar.

Isn't the grievance that he was not again not allowed to sign players with some of the money following a potential sale?

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And thank god we have rolled the dice!. I can't think of many who'd be a worse choice than the previous incumbent.

You obviously didn't read or digest the meaning of my post properly. I said we're gambling on the new manager being something rather special (due to the lack of recruitment) .

However even if he only turns out to be ordinary that would imo still make him infinitely better than Mowbray. Two separate issues entirely.

Out of interest, considering that you consider a manager who finished 15th, 11th, 15th and 8th on our budget to be "infinitely" worse than ordinary. (I would say ordinary is not far off the truth FWIW) Where is the expectation for this season for Tomasson?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong, I have used it of example of when both players had a good game. I have been suggesting Callum Brittain for months before we signed him. He is an improve in the right back area compare to Nyambe IMO. He will offer us a greater threat going forward. You can keep disagreeing with me if you want

I'm not interested in what we spend in previous seasons cos IMO it has no bearing on what we will spend this season. I am confident we will see another couple more cash buys in the coming days or weeks. 

I think Van Hecke is obtainable for us, if you want to disagree fine by me!

Well Boro are waiting for PL clubs to sign strikers so they can sign strikers whether on loan or permanent. 

agree on your Cardiff point

Well lets hope Styles is coming here

Phillips is 4th choice right now 

I didn't disagree on Brittain, I like you have seemingly not seen him very often and ultimately do not have a firm opinion either way, cautiously optimistic to see how he does, mixed reviews from Barnsley fans but he is at Rovers now.

We may well make a couple more cash buys but I would be pleasantly surprised if any are for over £3m and I would be even more pleasantly surprised if we sign Van Hecke permanently as he would be an excellent signing. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree that maybe it won't be loans but equally you can understand why people may fear that scenario based on previous summers most notably last year. Is it passing off theories as fact?

You have made up that the reason for turning down players was "sulking." 

He said that Premier League loan strikers were turned down because he didn't feel like we needed another central striker, Forss and Connolly were mentioned who were poor elsewhere. Likely a bad decision but lets not add the narrative that it was because he was sulking.

Isn't the grievance that he was not again not allowed to sign players with some of the money following a potential sale?

Out of interest, considering that you consider a manager who finished 15th, 11th, 15th and 8th on our budget to be "infinitely" worse than ordinary. (I would say ordinary is not far off the truth FWIW) Where is the expectation for this season for Tomasson?

I didn't disagree on Brittain, I like you have seemingly not seen him very often and ultimately do not have a firm opinion either way, cautiously optimistic to see how he does, mixed reviews from Barnsley fans but he is at Rovers now.

We may well make a couple more cash buys but I would be pleasantly surprised if any are for over £3m and I would be even more pleasantly surprised if we sign Van Hecke permanently as he would be an excellent signing. 

I can understand to an extent.But some take it too far.Like criticising the club because apparently Hourihane turned down a contract offer here because Derby are more ambitious with that story coming from Mercer nowhere else.Or comments like "Broughton doesn't have any contacts over here" like anyone on here knows what contacts Broughton does or doesn't have.

Iv always said there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize the club and if the window passes and it's kids on loan with hardly anything spent again then the club will deserve to be criticized and I will be joining in. 

But for NOW I will take JDT'S word for it that we have money and the club are focused on bringing in quality  

Oh and on Mowbray you didn't recognize a change in his demeanor after the Rothwell situation?He quite clearly had the hump and was Mr miserable from that day forward 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I can understand to an extent.But some take it too far.Like criticising the club because apparently Hourihane turned down a contract offer here because Derby are more ambitious with that story coming from Mercer nowhere else.Or comments like "Broughton doesn't have any contacts over here" like anyone on here knows what contacts Broughton does or doesn't have.

Iv always said there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize the club and if the window passes and it's kids on loan with hardly anything spent again then the club will deserve to be criticized and I will be joining in. 

But for NOW I will take JDT'S word for it that we have money and the club are focused on bringing in quality  

Oh and on Mowbray you didn't recognize a change in his demeanor after the Rothwell situation?He quite clearly had the hump and was Mr miserable from that day forward 

I think the key is to separate the two aspects of recruitment and not imply that its one or the other. Quality (the most important) which is obviously impossible to judge yet aside from one signing and timing which 4 days before the season starts we can start to judge which for whatever reason, to which we can only speculate, is a point of understandable frustration.

I think to suggest that he rejected players because he was sulking was a totally unfair assumption. He would have had the right to be put out by having his autonomy removed if that was the case, but no I think was just coincidence because our poor run had started and he was getting crabbier because he was seeing his team often lose and then being asked tough questions that he couldn't answer due to those results.

30 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I like Dacky, but Rothwell had 11 assists last season. We will miss him, imo. Definitely too good to lose on a free. But, so were Nyambe & Lenihan. 

Most of which came from set pieces, of which he took almost all of them. Whoever takes them this season I expect to do better - Rothwell’s were OK but not deadly, and we will be practising them this season…

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Correct👍 One great point from the management is they keep things under wraps, hardly any leaks, which somehow upsets a few fans, don’t know why.

Britain came out the blue and then the lad said in his interview it had been going on a couple of weeks, as others could be at this very time, so I’ll sit back and wait patiently and hope they can announce 2/3 in the next week or two.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, unsall said:

Correct👍 One great point from the management is they keep things under wraps, hardly any leaks, which somehow upsets a few fans, don’t know why.

Britain came out the blue and then the lad said in his interview it had been going on a couple of weeks, as others could be at this very time, so I’ll sit back and wait patiently and hope they can announce 2/3 in the next week or two.

Aren't people "upset" because we have only signed one player having seen loads go, rather than because of a lack of gossip about signings?

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Of course they do, some don’t take it far enough either. The more extreme views on both ends of the spectrum stand out more because they’re exactly that- extreme.

In any case, they’re only opinions and pixels on a screen.

The majority of views are somewhere in the middle. 

• Like 3