BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

This really is twaddle. If we are to mount a promotion bid then we need as many points as we can get asap.

"plenty of time to find the right players"??????

I'm struggling to find the right words. if someone told me you were a club plant I'd believe them!

There’s 5 weeks, that’s plenty of time 👍 

21 minutes ago, Butty said:

James Brown heading out on loan, I don’t know about you but I’d have rather kept him as our backup Right Back than Rankin-Costello who has been absolutely shocking ever since his injury issues. I’d have loaned him out instead of Brown. 

Hes coming to America 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Last season we were excellent for 3 months and then either average or utter garbage for the rest of it. We've since lost our 3 best defenders and only replaced one of them.

I'm just hoping JDT is a football genius. 

A slight change in system, difference in mentality by the coaching staff and players another year older and more experienced should all help.

Any expectation of a repeat of the few crazy months of winning form being extended is way off the mark though.  As long as we try and win every game that's all that matters.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Yes but during those five weeks we do still have to play professional football and compete for points. This mindset of ignoring the first 5 weeks of the season bewilders me. 

It’s not the recruitment department playing these games, we’ve enough as it is to get through those 5 weeks

8 minutes ago, HedgesAdmirer said:

Not far out of budget with the Armstrong money still untouched, if JP is a loan you’re only looking at 5/6M

The Armstrong money has gone mate. This is the budget and it won’t be added to. It never is with Venky’s.

If anymore comfort, even Waggott knows we need more players:

In terms of incomings, Waggott said it could take until the end of the window for Rovers to complete their business.

Speaking ahead of the signing of Callum Brittain, Waggott said the club ‘probably needed to sign four or five new players in the current transfer window’.

• Like 1

Based on premise you need 2 players competing for each position and the bids that have gone in:-

GK - ok

RB - ok

CB - need at least one.

LB - ok (probs not a priority but an upgrade needed at some point unless Pickering/Edun improve dramatically under JDT)

CM - need at least one (Morton?)

AMR - ok

AML - need at least one if BBD goes (Berget?).

AMC - need one to compete with Dack (Szmodics?)

Striker - Are Vale and SG enough if BBD leaves? 

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yes but during those five weeks we do still have to play professional football and compete for points. This mindset of ignoring the first 5 weeks of the season bewilders me. 

It's not ignoring it though.Some including me feel the squad as it is Is capable of winning football matches in the early part of the season before injuries and suspensions take hold. 

If the squad is the same after the window closes then I'd be critical and would expect bottom half and a struggle. 

Maybe our preferred targets just ain't available at this point.Would you prefer the club to move down the list of targets for an inferior player just because that player would be available for us a bit sooner?

14 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

The Armstrong money has gone mate. This is the budget and it won’t be added to. It never is with Venky’s.

Yeah but glen Mullan said that Venkys will go beyond the budget for a particular player.Said it had happened already this summer but we missed out due to another club paying more wages.I presume that was Anel 

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Based on premise you need 2 players competing for each position and the bids that have gone in:-

GK - ok

RB - ok

CB - need at least one.

LB - ok (probs not a priority but an upgrade needed at some point unless Pickering/Edun improve dramatically under JDT)

CM - need at least one (Morton?)

AMR - ok

AML - need at least one if BBD goes (Berget?).

AMC - need one to compete with Dack (Szmodics?)

Striker - Are Vale and SG enough if BBD leaves? 

Undoubtedly not. I'm hoping that our midfield across the board will be chipping in with more goals than they did last year, but the loss of goal threat if Brereton goes is immense. Would certainly need a replacement. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, J*B said:

15% of league games take place before the window closes on 1st September. Two rounds of the league cup in that time, too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but glen Mullan said that Venkys will go beyond the budget for a particular player.Said it had happened already this summer but we missed out due to another club paying more wages.I presume that was Anel 

Yeah and I’ll back Glen as a source until I’m blue in the face, but things change. We were in for Styles haggling over a sell on clause according to his info (which is usually spot on) but nothing has happened. 

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

We definitely need more players before the window closes. There is no depth before the untested 18 year olds come in. It's a long season, and who knows, we may need to play some games in a short space of time due to postponements, and/or a cup run.

You need depth in quality and we don't have that.

A...cup...run? I dont know what that means. Are you telling me there is a second round to these cups?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Yeah and I’ll back Glen as a source until I’m blue in the face, but things change. We were in for Styles haggling over a sell on clause according to his info (which is usually spot on) but nothing has happened. 

Yeah but Styles hasnt gone anywhere yet so until he does I won't be ruling him out.

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Barnsley probably want a replacement lined up before they sell Styles.

I take the point if the belief is we can manage until then. I’m not sure I entirely agree - ie let’s say Buckley gets a red card on Saturday, or Travis does his hammy… who are we bringing on and playing for the following game? Obviously the ideal is you try to sign everyone before the first game, which is what every other club in the league seem to be doing… I guess my worry is I don’t think we have enough to even manage until the end of the window. But we will see. Rambling idiot, signing out for the day. 

12 minutes ago, HedgesAdmirer said:

We can get through the first 15% of games with what we’ve got, nobody is suggesting we make all our signings on deadline day either 

I agree in the sense that our starting 11 is okay & we are unlikely to get loads of injuries in the first month or so.

But whilst a budget is in place, people expect a more proactive approach, and to only sign one player (permanent or loan) a few days before the season starts, after losing the number we have, doesn’t sit too well.

It’s undoubtedly of massive benefit to get key business done early. Got to consider players getting used to the club, the players and staff, tactics, playing their role etc.

People will point out its tough to get business done. But other clubs have been much smarter than us. Boro have added at least 3 or 4 starting players early on and have given them good pre season minutes. They will probably improve their squad further later on as Prem loans become available, whilst other clubs are scrambling for key starters.

There isn’t any real excuse for us to be less on the ball than them.

• Like 1