BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Transfer Window - who needs signings anyway ?
9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I'm not upset at all. Expecting another 100 pages before the next lower league duffer signed out of desperation. Now untwist your knickers sunshine.

Says the one making the effort to post every other day about how bothered you are about a lack of transfers. My knickers are completely untwisted pal, not losing my shit like you.

• Like 3

It does feel a bit of a scraping the barrel type signing to be honest. As if we've bid for the A list players with our "healthy budget" and been turned down... Now we're on the C list. Really underwhelmed by this one. 

• Like 3

I'm personally content with the squad/ transfer situation.  

There's 7 games to see if the youth players can play a part , or if some need to progress more before being included. 

If bulking squad players were signed,  youth would not get an opportunity. 

Quality over Quantity signings for me at the moment

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I'm not upset at all. Expecting another 100 pages before the next lower league duffer signed out of desperation. Now untwist your knickers sunshine.

Reckon at least one of the pages so far could be put together from you talking about how many pages there are.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

It does feel a bit of a scraping the barrel type signing to be honest. As if we've bid for the A list players with our "healthy budget" and been turned down... Now we're on the C list. Really underwhelmed by this one. 

I would agree with Mogger in charge…However he’s an attacking threat under a attacking minded manager. It could work wonders mate…he will certainly be an improvement on Dolan IMO.

Just to add also he scored 2 in his last pre-season against hull so he won’t be rusty.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chaddy won’t be happy with that.

Like I said to Roversfan99, I would have kept James Brown around the first team squad and loan JRC out for the season

9 hours ago, islander200 said:

I hope we are looking for another more experienced midfielder though.

Not enough experience in Travis, Buckley, Wharton, Garrett and Morton 

I think we sign Morton and one more centre midfielder 

8 hours ago, Gav said:

A higher calibre of player requires a higher calibre of budget, doesn't matter who the manager is.

JDT has his hands tied due to a limited budget, rising players wages and rising transfer costs, id expect to see any incoming players to be of a lesser calibre of player than we saw last season, hope I'm wrong, but its simple economics. 

Gav, We have a very decent budget for a team with no parachute payments. That why we are looking to a player from Peterborough for 2.5 to 3 mil pounds. Many on this board didn't expect did they? 

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Cheaper tickets in the middle of a cost of living crisis and a poor area wouldn’t hurt, would it? Bigger picture is that means more bums on seats, more money spent on the concourse, therefore, more revenue. It’s a poor do when PNE and Bolton are selling far more season tickets than us in comparable areas. Made even worse by Bolton being in a division below!

Have you mention to Steve Waggott since you are member of the fans forum? 

7 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He looks a bit taller and more robust than I thought he was. He's clearly a talented lad with the ball at his feet. 

Thanks for the link 

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm hopeful that JDT will operate to a structure and a plan, tactically to make the most use of our resources - which is what this Morton signing seems to be; a backup for Buckley. 

I think you will get a proper game plan from Jon Dahl Tomasson and he has spoken extensively about the game plan being the same despite whether it 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 formation. 

6 hours ago, slowmo said:

Does sounds like it will be a done deal shortly. Don't know the player much and I seen a few highlights of him during his time at Bristol City. I think he will play from the left of the attack or number 10 role @BankEnd Rover

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Good move for him. He needs first team football. Wonder if Joe Hilton will be 3rd choice now then

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Maybe JDT and the new backroom staff have brought a different theme behind closed doors rather than monotone Mowbray ? 

The players have spoken about the new style of coaching JDT has bought in. Looking at the videos that Rovers have posted of pre season training its been very good watching. 

With each day that passes, it's becoming more and more apparent that Broughton is a dud. Overwhelmed and unable to deliver.

If the best he can come up with is blowing £2.5m on some L1 no hoper and a loan for Tyler Morton, he needs to start packing his bags now.

Peterborough fans can't believe their luck and want to take the money and run. That should say something.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Me too but to be fair they are different type of player so if we are in for Styles then signing Smodizs shouldn't affect that.

Agree with some of your other posts Smodizs seems a bit pricey 

It affects it if our budget is too limited for both plus the other areas we need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Yes I'm buzzin too 😃 new exciting manager, a rare pretty much fully fit squad, square pegs in square holes regardles of which formation we go with... happy days

The foundations are looking good, sprinkle a few more signings in there over the next month 🎉 

If you think Dolan as a centre forward is a square peg in a square hole can I please have some of what you’re smoking?

Edited by RV Blue

9 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

With each day that passes, it's becoming more and more apparent that Broughton is a dud. Overwhelmed and unable to deliver.

If the best he can come up with is blowing £2.5m on some L1 no hoper and a loan for Tyler Morton, he needs to start packing his bags now.

Peterborough fans can't believe their luck and want to take the money and run. That should say something.

Will wait to see how that £2.5m transfer is structured - I would hope some will be linked to appearances, goals etc - plus a big chunk related to promotion.

15 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I get your frustration but this is a really bad post @SuperBrfc.

Still 1 month left of the window

We don’t know the fee of Szmodics

How can you judge someone who hasn’t kicked a ball?

I wouldnt go off what their fans say (alot of them are actually gutted he may be leaving) it was the same for Brittain @ Barnsley and more or the less the same from our lot for Nyambe.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I’ve got to agree, he came in talking the talk and been absolutely terrible. You simply cannot lose 6/7 first teamers and not replace them before the season starts.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yesterday was Carter is a donkey based on a friendly and today is the DOF who’s been in the building 6 weeks, again not an easy mindset to understand.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I’ve got to agree, he came in talking the talk and been absolutely terrible. You simply cannot lose 6/7 first teamers and not replace them before the season starts.

We’ve started the season without completing most of our business many times in the last decade, and I’m not sure how you can blame Broughton for people leaving before he even arrived.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, slowmo said:

I'm personally content with the squad/ transfer situation.  

There's 7 games to see if the youth players can play a part , or if some need to progress more before being included. 

If bulking squad players were signed,  youth would not get an opportunity. 

Quality over Quantity signings for me at the moment

The 7 games are certainly not "to see if the youth players can play a part," they aren't a dress rehearsal and indeed are as important as any of the 39 games that follow!

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said to Roversfan99, I would have kept James Brown around the first team squad and loan JRC out for the season

I think we sign Morton and one more centre midfielder 

Gav, We have a very decent budget for a team with no parachute payments. That why we are looking to a player from Peterborough for 2.5 to 3 mil pounds. Many on this board didn't expect did they? 

Have you mention to Steve Waggott since you are member of the fans forum? 

Fair play. You said you wanted Brown to stay, he hasn't and you have stuck with your opinion even though it goes against the managers opinion.

Out of interest, assuming you still think we needed 6 signings and with Brittain signed and lets assume that Morton and Szmodics also sign. Where would you add the other 3?

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I suppose Dack could make a good impact as a super sub.

I'm not sure he is suited to being an impact sub, I know he was unfit last season but it is so hard regularly being expected to perform miracles from the bench.

I think when Brereton goes, our best chance in getting goals is still more likely to come from Dack factoring in the likelihood of making anything like a full recovery than any of the supporting cast, Gallagher included.

3 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Broughton did say it’s not all going to happen over night…That to me means he needs time….Again I get the frustration but we need to judge come end of the window…Players will come/are coming.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Yesterday was Carter is a donkey based on a friendly and today is the DOF who’s been in the building 6 weeks, again not an easy mindset to understand.

Totally agree, how can we judge any of the new set up before a ball is kicked! It takes most managers/dof a couple of windows to start getting their team together 

• Like 6

• Backroom

Asked my Peterborough supporting boss about Szmodics.

'Probably similar to your man Rothwell. Can't judge ability, but very similar in that he likes to get the ball and bomb forward. He probably turns quicker than Rothwell though, I thought the Titanic turned quicker than him.'

• Like 6

I'm not the biggest advocate of many of the stats on here, progressive passing, smart passing, second passes, and so many of the others which are dependant on so many factors that they become almost obsolete, but for the data nerds amongst us, it doesn't reflect too kindly on him.

From what I have seen of him, he very much prefers to play as a number 10 so I somewhat hope if he signs that he struggles to get a game because Dack is back fit and firing. Clinging on to something, he is a bundle of energy so he might suit a pressing style and he runs in behind more than anyone we have bar Brereton who will soon leave. He has twice struggled to step up to the Championship (once in a new and established team and one having himself been key in a promotion) but Khadra (who you could indirectly argue he is replacing) and in fact basically all of our attacking players scored less last season.

36 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

He hasn't undone 12 years of ineptitude and neglect in 6 weeks.

Sack him.

• Like 9