BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Hartlepools..... there's an old term TS not see or heard that in a long time

The new manager would get a big tick from me if unlike Mowbray he took both cup competitions seriously

Fans love a good cup run, it brings excitement and the prospect of a big game in the later stages. Cups meant nothingh to Mowbray, just a chance to try another team experiment on his "project" to nowhere

15 minutes in and Ayala tweaks a hamstring against Hartlepool. No thanks. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That just isn't going to happen unfortunately. We couldn't keep two players who graduated from our own academy and another who didn't, who are good Championship players but no more than that for now. Why would we be able to convince a Chilean international star, coveted by numerous clubs, to sign on for far less money than he will get elsewhere and forego the fantastic signing on fee he will be eligible for next summer? Optimism is all well and good but it should be grounded in reality too.

The only scenario I can see it happening is in the fairly unlikely one that we get promoted this season. Even then, it relies on him not signing a pre-contract with a foreign club in January. We know some are looking.

Because he’s on around 5k per week now and if we offer say 30k on a 4 year deal, he’ll be earning 25k more per week until the end of the season and has 4 years’ financial security in case of injury/loss of form etc., along with the benefit of going for a reduced fee at the end of the season. He’d have to think about it at least.

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

Last chance saloon for JRC, maybe.

I'd like to see him get a few chances as an attacking midfielder. That's meant to be his proper position, and it doesn't seem as though his body will ever let him play as a wingback/attacking fullback which is more physically demanding. 

Well down the pecking order at present, obviously, but with a few injuries and with five subs being brought it, he'll get his chance at some stage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

My feeling is JPvH on a perm plus 1 cb loaned. Then Bowler and we’re done. If we can get BBD to sign a new contract then great! If not then inevitably, he’ll be sold and I’d expect Birmancevic plus 1 (hopefully a number 9, to replace.

I think we will sign 3 more players including a centre back permanent. 

58 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Might sign a new contract yet 👀🤞🏽

I'm still holding the hope he will sign a new contract here and I think he would improve so much under JDT and would be playing PL football with us under JDT leadership here

10 minutes ago, Lee0r said:

It's not about putting out your best XI. It's about taking them seriously as competitions, which Mowbray never did and was an insult to the fans

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

You'd assume Butterworth too? 

So far I reckon we'll sell:

Butterworth

JRC.

I reckon Harlock will get a chance Wednesday, JDT rates him

Got no time for Butterworth. Didn’t lift a finger in any of his cameos last season. I think it was the Boro game at home when he jogged around the centre circle for 15 mins whilst the team desperately held out for the win. Pathetic display, don’t want to see him in the first team for some time. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Butterworth

JRC.

Butterworth not even given a squad number so presume he’s on his way out and won’t feature. 

• Like 3

Butterworth's been extremely unlucky with the timing and severity of his injures. Even so, he's turning 23 in September and is yet to do anything beyond a couple of promising cameos (and an equal number of pretty poor ones).

If he's behind Vale now, I think his time is up. As with Davenport, I hope he has far more luck at his next club, because there is some talent there that can be nurtured. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lee0r said:

Absolutely, I'll be there on Wednesday and I'm quite looking forward to seeing the academy lads in action against a senior team. They were good to watch at Stanley. 

The line up will show us how seriously Tomasson takes the league Cup, regardless of whether we get a result or not. 

Personally, I'm happy with whatever side he feels is best to benefit the League position. A win, though, could be beneficial to getting some minutes into more legs. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Butterworth's been extremely unlucky with the timing and severity of his injures. Even so, he's turning 23 in September and is yet to do anything beyond a couple of promising cameos (and an equal number of pretty poor ones).

If he's behind Vale now, I think his time is up. As with Davenport, I hope he has far more luck at his next club, because there is some talent there that can be nurtured. 

Even before his injuries, he was never one to track back or put in a shift.  Would always shoot on sight, rather than pick a pass. He is quick and direct, but lacks work ethic.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

My feeling is JPvH on a perm plus 1 cb loaned. Then Bowler and we’re done. If we can get BBD to sign a new contract then great! If not then inevitably, he’ll be sold and I’d expect Birmancevic plus 1 (hopefully a number 9, to replace.

There is absolutely no chance of us signing Bowler, Birmancevic and a number 9 in this window.

This Bowler link seems to linger despite there being nothing but tenuous bits of historical gossip linking him.

1 hour ago, Craigman said:

I don't understand why we don't offer BBD a bigger contract, with a release clause if a bigger club comes in for him, so he knows he can move on, but it secures our club's valuation.

Why would he sign it? Him as a prospect to a top division club even reasonably priced is different to him as a free agent.

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Where does 'Hartlepools' come from?

Just googled it Mike, whilst sat in the labour ward in Newham General (see the Good News thread shortly).

the team was originally Hartlepool United until in 1968 a new borough of Hartlepool was created and the team dropped both the s and United. Then they added United back in 1977..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Butterworth

JRC.

Can't see JRC attracting a buyer tbh. Injury prone, probably only appealing to League One or lower, but after a couple of seasons around a Championship squad I bet he'd expect more wages than a lower league side will be willing to stump for an injury prone player. Depends partly on what he is on now I guess. But yeh I'd quite like to move him on. I'd take a fairly cheap deal with a decent sell on. Don't think he is much use to us, but if he gets better luck with injuries I could see him improving in the future.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There is absolutely no chance of us signing Bowler, Birmancevic and a number 9 in this window.

This Bowler link seems to linger despite there being nothing but tenuous bits of historical gossip linking him.

Firstly the Bowler link comes from Lancs Live Elliott Jackson who reported it a couple of weeks ago and then last week on Rovers chat explained the story. I'm sure you watch the interview since you posted a rovers chat video last week from them on here. 

Who knows what going to happen if the next 3 and half weeks of transfer window, but we have been assured that we will be stronger squad then when the summer started by our head coach JDT. 

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would he sign it? Him as a prospect to a top division club even reasonably priced is different to him as a free agent.

maybe he is happy here and sees the club moving forward under JDT and can see us getting to PL where he would be key player for Rovers in achieving promotion and maybe he doesn't want to risk being a free agent and not getting a good enough club where he would improve and be key player for that team, Like Nyambe has done

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly the Bowler link comes from Lancs Live Elliott Jackson who reported it a couple of weeks ago and then last week on Rovers chat explained the story. I'm sure you watch the interview since you posted a rovers chat video last week from them on here. 

Who knows what going to happen if the next 3 and half weeks of transfer window, but we have been assured that we will be stronger squad then when the summer started by our head coach JDT. 

maybe he is happy here and sees the club moving forward under JDT and can see us getting to PL where he would be key player for Rovers in achieving promotion and maybe he doesn't want to risk being a free agent and not getting a good enough club where he would improve and be key player for that team, Like Nyambe has done

I have not seen that video but that is not a reliable source anyway and even if it was, it was specified that no bid has been put in. I stand by that we wont sign Bowler as good as he would be and we certainly wont sign a new front 3.

I cant help but think that you are being characteristically naive on Brereton. It is in his best interests to hold off committing if he doesnt get fixed up before the end of the month.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have not seen that video but that is not a reliable source anyway and even if it was, it was specified that no bid has been put in. I stand by that we wont sign Bowler as good as he would be and we certainly wont sign a new front 3.

Why isn't it reliable source? The story was we made an inquiry for him. Not every link means we will sign them but we had an interest. Maybe it was between him and Szmodics, we had 3 bids rejected for him so we inquiry for Bowler but price too much so went back for Szmodics. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I cant help but think that you are being characteristically naive on Brereton. It is in his best interests to hold off committing if he doesnt get fixed up before the end of the month.

No one is being naive at all but not everyone agree with your point of view, maybe you should accept that. That's your opinion its his best interest to not commit here but other people like myself have a very different opinion to yours were maybe he wants to play for JDT and get Rovers to the PL and be key player in our promotion push then be a squad player at mid table PL club. He seems to be really enjoying his football here under JDT

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just a question here Chaddy, and I'm not looking to provoke you or argue. And it's not about this quote specifically either.

But I'm just curious, do you ever look at a Rovers transfer story from a journalist and think 'nah I don't really believe that'?

I don't mean when another journalist denies it either.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why isn't it reliable source? The story was we made an inquiry for him. Not every link means we will sign them but we had an interest. Maybe it was between him and Szmodics, we had 3 bids rejected for him so we inquiry for Bowler but price too much so went back for Szmodics. 

No one is being naive at all but not everyone agree with your point of view, maybe you should accept that. That's your opinion its his best interest to not commit here but other people like myself have a very different opinion to yours were maybe he wants to play for JDT and get Rovers to the PL and be key player in our promotion push then be a squad player at mid table PL club. He seems to be really enjoying his football here under JDT

If he doesnt get sold then he can still enjoy his football here without needing to commit long term.

• Like 3