BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The money spent on those 2 isn't very much and is not the sort of serious money that funds serious promotion bids. Rovers desperately need more players - permanent ones,not loans - and that requires proper money to be spent. I don't see any sign of it so far

No Jim, what we need is quality signings that JDT and Rovers not just paying over the odds for players. 

You don't need millions to get promotion but have proper footballing strategy which Rovers have got now and JDT keeps saying this project in most interviews he has done here 

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So you're just guessing that Brighton would need to find another centre back before letting Van Hecke go which is a bit different from your previous statement 

No Jim it's called basically common sense clearly you can't understand that then. 🤔

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The money spent on those 2 isn't very much and is not the sort of serious money that funds serious promotion bids. Rovers desperately need more players - permanent ones,not loans - and that requires proper money to be spent. I don't see any sign of it so far

So you're just guessing that Brighton would need to find another centre back before letting Van Hecke go which is a bit different from your previous statement 

Surely the most important thing is the quality of player brought through the door, not the money spent on them.

Spending plenty of cash is no guarantee of success as seen with Sam Gallagher, but it has to be used properly.

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Jim, what we need is quality signings that JDT and Rovers not just paying over the odds for players. 

You don't need millions to get promotion but have proper footballing strategy which Rovers have got now and JDT keeps saying this project in most interviews he has done here 

No Jim it's called basically common sense clearly you can't understand that then. 🤔

Generally, you have to pay over the odds for quality players - as more than one club will be interested. 

33 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Purely hunch again, NOT ITK:

I think we'll have Styles, JPVH, SVDB and another attacker by close of the window.

And a partridge in a pear tree?

2 hours ago, blue and whites said:

Apparently, Rovers enquired about Håkon Evjen from AZ Aklmaar a couple of weeks ago. So guess we are after another attacker. Not heard any News lately. Reliable source.

Good player. Think I'd prefer his replacement at Glimt, Hugo Vetlesen, but would probably cost more at the moment. Evjen was displeased with things at AZ during the winter, but not sure whether he broke into the AZ team or not after that. 

Apparently, Rovers enquired about Håkon Evjen from AZ Aklmaar a couple of weeks ago. So guess we are after another attacker. Not heard any News lately. Reliable source.

Seems it would go to an exceptions panel if we were to make a move. Rovers really do keep things close to their chest these days. 

Have to say I'm impressed with the range of players we're inquiring about. Shows some real hard work and thought is going into it but we really need to see some results and support for JDT before the window closes. A couple of ambitious signings would really back up and boost this impressive start we've had. We need to take advantage of our current league position. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

Never heard of him but he's a midfielder according to Wiki, and has 2 years left on his contract. Is he any good?

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Purely hunch again, NOT ITK:

I think we'll have Styles, JPVH, SVDB and another attacker by close of the window.

We'd all be walking around with our willy's hanging out if that happened, I think it's unlikely though 😆

Just 2 of them would do me

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But according to several different people who have all posted similar stuff that we have money to spend in January but Mowbray didn't spend it. Mowbray should take full responsible for our failure to get at least playoff place cos he had money to spend. Plenty of players we could sign. 

I didn't people would posted false stories on here but he did. 

Your all attitude about the only person who decide who we sign or sell is like a football manager mentality but real football and most football clubs don't work that way any more Those days have gone. Do you not accept this that the club made the decisions on transfers in and out, and it is not the sole responsible of the head coach or manager to make their decisions?

I really hope you are proven wrong JH!

We sign players when we can and bring in quality over just average squad players like we seen before. 

JDT wants quality signings and understand they time to bring in. JDT seems to back the club approach and seems more than happy with it. Your point about bring feeling aggrieved seems you trying to make problems that aren't there. 

I would be more than comfortable given Phillips a run of games given his very good performance on Sunday where he was comfortable all game until he got cramp. Its confirm to me he is ready to play his part in the first team this season like I said he would be. 

Haven't we spend about 1 million on Brittain and around 2.5 on Szmodics so its shows Money is there and JDT and Broughton have both said we have money to spend, so maybe look at those quotes Jim? 

Its common sense that Brighton would need a centre back given that they back 3 and have 5 CB's including Van Hecke currently so would need a replacement for Van Hecke otherwise they wouldn't let go. 

I don't think that the owners should over rule the manager, or if relevant, the manager and director of football. I stand by that decision. Venkys have employed Broughton and Tomasson because presumably they seem them both as being capable of performing their role, and I would hazard a guess that their footballing knowledge compared to that could be scribbled on the back of a stamp.

We are undeniably short at centre back, even if you have untold faith in Phillips when no one can be sure how he will cope with a sudden batch of Championship games in quick succession. One more injury and we really are going to struggle, so it is IMO critical that we get one in as soon as we can, and if we are after 2, maybe we can get 1 in and Van Den Berg becomes less urgent.

My point was not that Tomasson will come out and say "I feel let down" or even that he will feel let down if we struggle with the lack of depth across the rest of the month. I am saying that he would be entitled to do so.

On Styles, it really is crunch time for him. Barnsley really have to sell in this next couple of weeks or risk losing him for pittance in January. 

Apparently Barnsley have to raise a certain amount of money this window and it seems they've been holding out for bigger bids on both him and Helik. Trouble is, I think a lot of clubs have moved on and signed other players at this stage. I can see us coming back in for both given our relations from the Brittain deal. They aren't in the driving seat for those negotiations at this point. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

On Styles, it really is crunch time for him. Barnsley really have to sell in this next couple of weeks or risk losing him for pittance in January. 

Apparently Barnsley have to raise a certain amount of money this window and it seems they've been holding out for bigger bids on both him and Helik. Trouble is, I think a lot of clubs have moved on and signed other players at this stage. I can see us coming back in for both given our relations from the Brittain deal. They aren't in the driving seat for those negotiations at this point. 

we certainly could do with helik more than styles,defenders definately required more than any position atm

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Never heard of him but he's a midfielder according to Wiki, and has 2 years left on his contract. Is he any good?

He's a leff footed inverted/forward that plays on the right but can also play all central midfield too, apparently.

image.png.190d8ef142648cd5d877271a720e39ff.png

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blue and whites said:

Was this before or after we signed Szmodics?