BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

38 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

JCH at 28yo and the fee Peterborough would command is an instant no 

Hardie not proven yet and wouldn't enhance the starting 11

Armstrong (if the wages were right) I would 100% take him back. 

We bought the wrong Posh player, we should be bringing someone ready for their peak. Scored 12 last season in a shit team in the league.  Worth a look and get some of our deadwood the other way in exchange and some money.

Hardie is a very good player...I believe he can step up and relatively cheap

Ye agreee

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I didn't say he would lose pace, only that he won't be able to tear around like a blue-arsed fly like he does at the moment. Let's see how he goes. I hope he does make it.  In my opinion he won't because I don't see other attributes in his game

You implied he would lose 'the ability to run around at high speed'. That's pace. Do you mean he will lose stamina? Also not guaranteed. You don't see his skill with the ball at his feet then? Can show plenty of clips that prove he has it.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Questions about Sammie Szmodics especially considering the fee spent.

A long way to go to start to prove that he was worth that money.

There’s a player there…I feel he’ll be very much like Rothwell. We will see him now & again but goes missing a lot  of the time. 

If he chips a few goals in here & there then we should be happy.

Just now, windymiller7 said:

Bloody hell! Just seen that Forest have agreed to sell Morgan Gibbs-White to Wolves for £44.5m!!!

He looked a decent player when I've seen him, but £44.5m!? That's insane. 

Other way round my guy

Most people who are critisizing Pickering, are questioning his lack of pace. Would they be happy starting Jake Batty ? He has pace a plenty and is quite aggressive.

I personnally don't think Batty is ready yet. In a couple of years time, maybe.

Edited by rigger

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You implied he would lose 'the ability to run around at high speed'. That's pace. Do you mean he will lose stamina? Also not guaranteed. You don't see his skill with the ball at his feet then? Can show plenty of clips that prove he has it.

If you'd played the game you'd know that your game at 25 is different than at 20. His game might mature in that time but he's got a long way to go. Either way, he's not good enough for the Championship at present and shouldn't be starting matches for us. The fact he does shows how threadbare our squad is

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If you'd played the game you'd know that your game at 25 is different than at 20. His game might mature in that time but he's got a long way to go. Either way, he's not good enough for the Championship at present and shouldn't be starting matches for us. The fact he does shows how threadbare our squad is

Aye, supplement your argument by suggesting I've never played the game, good one.

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

Most people who are critisizing Pickering, are questioning his lack of pace. Would they be happy starting Jake Batty ? He has pace a plenty and is quite aggressive.

I personnally don't think Batty is ready yet. In a couple of years time, maybe.

Surely worth a game or 2 to see. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That what I said

No need to be sarcastic Chaddy, that’s why I put a question mark because I wanted to know why you’re happy with our left back options. Do you not think Pickering is a weak link in our side?