BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Thought I'd search Ben Brereton-Diaz on twitter.

Saw this from a Utd fan. "Plays for Blackburn, so might be willing to be backup"

Get f***d, cheeky prick.

Screenshot_20220820-113004_Twitter.jpg

Kind of good honest hard working young player united need to be signing though! Instead of all the grossly overpaid wankers thar have turnef the club toxic in recent years

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Not too fussed tbh - as long as the transfer is completed quickly and reinforcements are brought in

"Not too fussed" about losing a 20-25 goal striker on the unlikely proviso on past form that an adequate replacement is identified and signed in the coming days doesn't make any sense at all

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Not too fussed tbh - as long as the transfer is completed quickly and reinforcements are brought in.

You’ve wanted him sold for ages, what’s your problem with Ben? 

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

"Not too fussed" about losing a 20-25 goal striker on the unlikely proviso on past form that an adequate replacement is identified and signed in the coming days doesn't make any sense at all

Agreed. We won’t replace him and will end up at the wrong end of the table. 20+ goal scorers aren’t ten a penny. 

Thought I'd search Ben Brereton-Diaz on twitter.

Saw this from a Utd fan. "Plays for Blackburn, so might be willing to be backup"

Get f***d, cheeky prick.

Screenshot_20220820-113004_Twitter.jpg

Brereton by no stretch of the imagination can be classed as a top rank striker. If United are seriously looking at him it shows how far they've have fallen.

21 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Kind of good honest hard working young player united need to be signing though! Instead of all the grossly overpaid wankers thar have turnef the club toxic in recent years

Why would anyone care about that it's a dose of reality they've been protected from for far to long.

#### em!

• Like 1

We'll find out soon enough. 

Hopefully, it's not the case but we've been expecting him to be off this summer.

Could see Everton making a move if Nice did stick a bid in earlier.

If Nice did stick in a bid they may come back with a  higher one..they are owned by Jim Ratcliffe and are currently a work in progress for him

Lucien Favres back as manager there theyve  got a few name players inc schmichael dolberg and Dante

Were in the title race for most of the season before fading and finishing 5th also got to the french cup final

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

But what's the alternative. Have another season like last and then he walks for nothing. We will them be 20 goal a season down with no money to buy a replacement.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Brereton by no stretch of the imagination can be classed as a top rank striker. If United are seriously looking at him it shows how far they've have fallen.

While I agree with the sentiment and am happy they are in such a predicament, cant get over thinking its also a sad indictment of our clubs quality and decline. Thinking they must be in a terrible state of affairs to even think of taking our best player is awful.

Lord, I hate Man Utd.

Edited by rebelmswar
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kcaj93 said:

But what's the alternative. Have another season like last and then he walks for nothing. We will them be 20 goal a season down with no money to buy a replacement.

I personally can't see us challenging for promotion this season, it will come too soon. I think certainly next season with the right recruitment then absolutely. I dont think there is any correct answer because it is all iffs and buts 

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Thanks.

Reads suspiciously like Mercer and looking briefly down, comments about Ferguson and Farke getting the Rovers job but I suppose a broken clock is right twice a day so lets hope this isn't one such occasion!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thanks.

Reads suspiciously like Mercer and looking briefly down, comments about Ferguson and Farke getting the Rovers job but I suppose a broken clock is right twice a day so lets hope this isn't one such occasion!

He’s there and starting.

43 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Well if I thought Broughton and JDT were just more of the same like Mowbray then I wouldn't have renewed my season ticket.

15 minutes ago, Kcaj93 said:

I personally can't see us challenging for promotion this season, it will come too soon. I think certainly next season with the right recruitment then absolutely. 

You do realise we think this every year don't you?!!

16 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

ENGLISH Premier League champions Manchester City have secured the signing of England-born Zimbabwe youngster David Chigwada from Blackburn Rovers.

The 14-year-old who can play as a winger or an attacking midfielder is widely regarded as one of the brightest prospects in England at the moment having already featured for the Three Lions at Under-15 level.

Saw this on Instagram a couple of days back. It’s everything that’s wrong with modern football 😠 bet he never gets a first team game for City.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dan said:

You’ve wanted him sold for ages, what’s your problem with Ben? 

I have no issue with Brereton - go look at my MB history, when everyone was giving him pelters I kept on reminding you all that there was a good player in there somewhere.

He's in the last year of his contract and, if possible, I'd like to cash in on his excellent 18 months.

If we were pushing for promotion I'd roll the dice on him and just let him play out his contract, but we're clearly in the middle of a rebuild and could redistribute the funds across our paper thin squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kcaj93 said:

If we don't recruit by the end of the window only get in the lad from Liverpool then imo it's been a terrible window. The amount of key players we have lost and mot replaced. It will be a huge struggle this season as we have already seen so early on with injuries. Of course I will judge come the end of this window but based on ffp and everything else I fear this window will repeat itself in the next windows to come.

Well yes I'd agree that if that was the case it would be a terrible window, but that absolutely won't be the case so it's a straw man comment.

You're wise to judge at the end of the window as to whether or not it's been a good window, but it would be premature to judge the club's new structure or personnel on just the 1 window.

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Quite clear the club are failing JDT right now. An injury today and JRC is our only defensive option to bring on from the bench. What betting I'm saying the same thing come Stoke next weekend?

The club is not failing JDT currently, but the championship transfer market is slow currently if you look at the whole transfer market. We have budget and we can't just over pay for players. 12 days to go and we need around 4 signings. Van Der Berg deal is waiting for Liverpool defensive crisis to get better before they release him. If you want quality signings sometimes patience is needed and I rather we waiting then just sign players who we don't want really or rushing signings for the sake of it