BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, danger19_80 said:

Think this is a bit pointlessly antagonistic. If he's not available on a permanent deal then the point of signing him diminishes significantly. From what we're told SvdB is of a similar level so, if we're talking loans, they should balance each other out. 

Another permanent signing from elsewhere before Sept 1st and we should be OK at CB.

I'm genuinely ok with just a loan at CB - let Wharton, Carter and Phillips round out the 5. 

I'm not really interested in loaning Van Hecke again though. I'd have liked him as a permanent (although not at the rumoured price). Seems an odd decision by him to re-up with Brighton - lack of ambition perhaps?

• Like 1

Our recruitment of players is following the same path of the recruitment of a manager and greg. All overseen by the guy who thinks flogging Brockhall was a good idea, overpriced season tickets good idea and a wage structure that makes us uncompetitive.

Running a football club dead shite.

Great at the not difficult community PR.

From February till now is really soul destroying. It’s all a cost cutting. 
The journey is to become a self sufficient premiership club. Not a cat in hells chance. I suspect under the current regime we couldn’t become a self sufficient league one club,

I am pretty annoyed tonight. Sick of traveling to watch surrender and sick of journeys 

• Like 4

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Transfer Window - OK, perhaps panic a bit...
1 minute ago, Boroblue said:

Our recruitment of players is following the same path of the recruitment of a manager and greg. All overseen by the guy who thinks flogging Brockhall was a good idea, overpriced season tickets good idea and a wage structure that makes us uncompetitive.

Running a football club dead shite.

Great at the not difficult community PR.

Ye he's just put another layer between him and answers.  Good move really as I always thought he was a bit thick.  

Yep, like a cut price Swiss Tony.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ye he's just put another layer between him and answers.  Good move really as I always thought he was a bit thick.  

Yep, like a cut price Swiss Tony.

Buying a player is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman.  First you have to eye them up.  Then you have to seduce them with promise of wealth and success and then finally you get them out of their current kit and into yours.

• Like 6

I’ll say one thing on. I want to stay silent Greg.

sammi fucking smzodic. That is what he as scouted. Worse the guy in the dug out is playing him before Dack. 

These are my observations 

He’s no more athletic than dack

He’s no taller than dack

his closing down is shite

His positional sense is worse than Dack

His first touch on the ball is worse than my granny

His vision not in the same world as dack

Arrival in the box( timing) 

bringing others into play

Goal scoring potential 

All that and the manager plays him. It’s just not right.
Its all just crazy stuff. Phillips may be a top player but not now. 

It is anarchic and has been since February. 
There no control or order everything is tomorrow a journey. It’s because delivery today is impossible. Don’t buy quality buy cheap

Ps I’m fucked of with it tonight

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Buying a player is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman.  First you have to eye them up.  Then you have to seduce them with promise of wealth and success and then finally you get them out of their current kit and into yours.

Then they leave and take half your shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kcaj93 said:

By greggs interview after morton signing I don't think we will go for a cm as he is happy just with the mortin loan and the academy players.

Is Broughton on record saying that?

We are almost toothless and lack creativity throughout our midfield.

I am starting to feel sorry for JDT having this fool as his DoF.

His only experience is at academy level, the rest he is learning on the job. A recipe for failure in football

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

His only experience is at academy level, the rest he is learning on the job. A recipe for failure in football

I’m not. His formation at reading was wrong. His first half formation today invited pressure. He’s making mistakes because he’s relatively inexperienced, He also struggles to make decisive changes. He’s also burden by half a squad and those above unwilling to buy the right players

Will resign before Christmas.

Thats my guess

1 minute ago, Boroblue said:

I’m not. His formation at reading was wrong. His first half formation today invited pressure. He’s making mistakes because he’s relatively inexperienced, He also struggles to make decisive changes. He’s also burden by half a squad and those above unwilling to buy the right players

Will resign before Christmas.

Thats my guess

Yes that's an accurate assessment.

He really messed up the substitutions procedure today too.

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This is what he said upon signing Morton:

More telling was Broughton stating: “Strategically we knew we needed to add another central midfielder to the squad for this season and a loan suited us ideally to ensure we didn’t block the medium-term pathways of some of our own young midfielders who have done so well for us over the last eight weeks.”

Those are not the words of a winner or a person who can help take Rovers forward, in my opinion.

Get him gone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

More telling was Broughton stating: “Strategically we knew we needed to add another central midfielder to the squad for this season and a loan suited us ideally to ensure we didn’t block the medium-term pathways of some of our own young midfielders who have done so well for us over the last eight weeks.”

Those are not the words of a winner or a person who can help take Rovers forward, in my opinion.

Get him gone.

So much for the Team being No. 1 mantra from JDT.

Broughton is a bullshitter who is out of his depth. Why are those running the club so fucking stupid.

This prick will get us relegated, maybe not this season but on his watch.

14 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Get him gone.

Those are the words of someone who doesn't understand the difference between playing Darwen in a pre season piss about and the cut and trust of championship football twice per week....🙈

Lewis grabben still without a club, knows where the net is. Good at this level

Jamaal lascelles CB   someone says he doesn't feature for his current team, is a proper old school CB and can play a bit, so would suit JDT system 

SVDB loan CB and can cover RB   beast at this level 

Callum styles, LWB and can cover CM very good at this level as a lwb 

Anything more would be a huge bonus ...also don't know how much lascelles is on per week so might not even be worth a mention 

More worryingly is the names we were linked with, the quality of them seems to have worsened ..cantwell ..Davies.. anel.. they would of made a huge difference to this team 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Dream lasted 3 minutes haha thought he might of been on a a hefty sum

With our wage structure we really are fishing in a fishless pond

Yes and we haven't even got a fucking rod because the dick heads in charge of the fishing trip didn't think we needed one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Yes and we haven't even got a fucking rod because the dick heads in charge of the fishing trip didn't think we needed one.

Rednecks have a fishing hobby in lakes where they go under the water and stick their hands under large rocks with overhangs in the hopes that a catfish will bite their hand and they can pull it up. It's called noodling and it's more like what we do.

8 minutes ago, rebelmswar said:

Rednecks have a fishing hobby in lakes where they go under the water and stick their hands under large rocks with overhangs in the hopes that a catfish will bite their hand and they can pull it up. It's called noodling and it's more like what we do.

The people running this club aren't as intelligent as those rednecks unfortunately. 

• Like 2