BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

When he wants to leave is irrelevant. If he isn’t signing a new deal — which is his choice and one we’re absolutely fucking stupid to have allowed to get to this point — then he MUST be sold. 

But the word on Venky Street is that he won't be sold until his valuation is met. If it isn't met he'll stay and then leave on a free next summer. 

16 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

image.png.4595c7d3e67c68c718ad80c06014f3e7.png

we have to move him on quickly and I wonder if this is part of him wanting out this window. Maybe Sevilla or Nice would be his choice or PL move to Everton. 

We need to get the deal done quickly for him and use some of the money for a striker and wide player. 

So we need at least 1 centre back depending whether we are playing 2 or 3 centre back, 1 centre midfielder, 1 left winger, 1 striker, some on here want a left back in. Its going to be busy last 10 days for Rovers now. Gregg Broughton will need to be sleeping at the training ground 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If he doesn't want to go before the summer - that's the end of it. We can't make him.

If we don't get anyone else decent in first then for me he must NOT be sold anyway.

And if he is we need 2 strikers.

If you’re happy to let a 7M investment leave on a free when he could be sold for 12-15M then I don’t really know what to say. 

Do you think Waggott and Pasha will let that happen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

we have to move him on quickly and I wonder if this is part of him wanting out this window. Maybe Sevilla or Nice would be his choice or PL move to Everton. 

We need to get the deal done quickly for him and use some of the money for a striker and wide player. 

So we need at least 1 centre back depending whether we are playing 2 or 3 centre back, 1 centre midfielder, 1 left winger, 1 striker, some on here want a left back in. Its going to be busy last 10 days for Rovers now. Gregg Broughton will need to be sleeping at the training ground 🤣

His choice is, probably, see out his contract then he can command a higher wage/signing on fee when he moves in the summer.

It's our fault for letting it reach this stage: ditto Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Pickering and Edun are imo two poor signings made by the previous administration and in an ideal world both would be replaced by one decent player.

Ryan Giles. Played at left back. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we probably could afford both but given that Bowler is linked with Forest and Fulham, a deal for us seems unlikely. No point wasting time on it. 

On Styles, maybe he not fancy by our management team. 

Rovers need between 4 to 6 depending who is posted and if our budget left is around 6 million then I'm not sure we can spend 3 mil plus on one player surely. 

We need 6 minimum. Although there are a couple of players we should be looking to sell. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

If you’re happy to let a 7M investment leave on a free when he could be sold for 12-15M then I don’t really know what to say. 

BBD will be by now valued at zero in our books so every £ we get for him is pure profit towards FFP…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yes. Not taking into account wages that would double our money. 

Rothwell sale at £3.5m would have 7x our money and they let him go for free. 

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

When he wants to leave is irrelevant. If he isn’t signing a new deal — which is his choice and one we’re absolutely fucking stupid to have allowed to get to this point — then he MUST be sold. 

What he wants is the only thing that's relevant. If he wants to run his contract down to the summer there is nothing the club can do.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

His choice is, probably, see out his contract then he can command a higher wage/signing on fee when he moves in the summer.

It's our fault for letting it reach this stage: ditto Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell

I said this months and months ago, shot down in flames by a few on here.

I'd prefer him to stay, gamble on promotion (as it won't happen without him) and then he may stay anyway. Caveated by the probability that JDT won't get any of the money if we did sell now.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Sorry, this is going to turn into another long running saga which is going to have everyone turning off in droves.

I wouldn't be HAPPY if he walked out for nothing but I'd be far unhappier if we sold him and went down.

More to the point what you or I or Waggott or Pasha think is completely irrelevant for the purposes of discussing this particular point. If BBD decides he'd rather stay until summer to maximise his future earning potential then he's perfectly entitled to do so and there's nothing the Club can do about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd prefer him to stay, gamble on promotion (as it won't happen without him) and then he may stay anyway.

Sparks have you watched our last two games? We're not getting promoted! The squad is desperately in need of investment. 

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yes. Just like they did with Rothwell. And just like Waggott told Glen Mullan (?) would happen with BBD if the valuation isn't met. 

4 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

BBD will be by now valued at zero in our books so every £ we get for him is pure profit towards FFP…

4 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Yes. Not taking into account wages that would double our money. 

Rothwell sale at £3.5m would have 7x our money and they let him go for free. 

If GB lets him leave for free i'll lose all respect for him. 

Giles was just an option that came up on terms Rovers liked - loan, cheap, easy deal to do.

Mowbray clearly had no plan or idea what to do with him which left the whole thing a waste of everyone's time.

That's how transfer windows roll at Rovers - see who comes up in the last few days of the window on favourable financial terms as selling or loaning clubs reduce their demands. There's no plan it is just fill the squad up with the easiest and cheapest options, or nobody if the wind doesn't blow in our favour. 

That's what Broughton will be doing now and learning how hard it is when you've got your hands tied behind your back.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

If that's a reference to Jerome Anderson then it's still too soon. 😉

It wasn't till you said it just he is going to very busy person and this is when he has to earn his money for sure. 

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I disagree there, we need to get a deal done. To be honest if Ben wanted from the start of the season then we should have done early in the window. 

We have been talks with his agent and him for ages but no agreement was reach. 18 months ago but they didn't want to sign. 

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd prefer him to stay, gamble on promotion (as it won't happen without him) and then he may stay anyway.

I would argue that even with him staying the current squad could well be relegated.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry, this is going to turn into another long running saga which is going to have everyone turning off in droves.

I wouldn't be HAPPY if he walked out for nothing but I'd be far unhappier if we sold him and went down.

More to the point what you or I or Waggott or Pasha think is completely irrelevant for the purposes of discussing this particular point. If BBD decides he'd rather stay until summer to maximise his future earning potential then he's perfectly entitled to do so and there's nothing the Club can do about it.

Not entirely true.  Clubs may make offers, we can accept them. BBD  may refuse them obviously..but future clubs may be put off a player that isn't willing to be sold and will just run a contract down. 

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Wonder if we could be able to Get Cameron Archer on loan from Villa. Have seen that they tried to include him in the Sarr deal. 

I still stand by B.Williams from Manchester United as LB. 

Archer would be good, problem here is he signed a new deal very recently with a big pay rise which means the loan club will need to be able to contribute....By the looks of it we haven't got a pot to piss in.