BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Loan market closes when the transfer market does. 

Can only sign free transfers after the deadline, providing you have space in your 25 man squad, which obviously won’t be a problem for us 🥴

Thanks rover23.

3 hours ago, Swanson said:

Marius Lode got his work permit application rejected yesterday (no surprise). We were the club in the Championship with the offer, heard this from two different reporters.

Anyway, won't happen now.

All this talk of following the Brentford model (yuck) - it's not possible now post Brexit.

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

All this talk of following the Brentford model (yuck) - it's not possible now post Brexit.

Its crazy. Look at the prize of Anthony Gordon (60m?????)

Demand and supply after British players is totally fecked because of the strict rules regarding work-permits. Suffering as always are the smaller clubs with smaller budgets. 

• Like 1

Give em all Bolivian marching powder pre-game if it gets results, I say 😉

At least JDT won't be sanctioning the performance-limiting drugs that the previous gurning incumbent clearly administered to all and sundry!

Edited by Guest
I'm fat, I'm round, I roll around the ground, Big Baddie, Big Daddy!

54 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Work permit plus appeals process, surely means we've been trying to land Lode for 3 weeks or so?

As long as we've not ONLY been working on Lode, it does show we're busy and VERY good at keeping it under wraps.

We're good at everything but actually getting the players to sign!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, deanives said:

On Marius lode, did anyone run his criteria through the work permit website that you all use?

Yes, about 160 pages back.... or was it 260.?.... 360.....???? 460.......?? 🤣

Edited by Guest
I'm fat, I'm round, I roll around the ground, Big Baddie, Big Daddy!

2 hours ago, alexanders said:

Whether or not we got Marius Lode. One thing is for sure. We are doing our business very quietly. 

What business is that exactly? 

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Is there not still an appeal process in place for work permits? I appealed one loads of times on champ manager 01/02 (best one).

Put the bastards in a room with JDT and watch them crumble at his cheeky smile.

Only get 10 points which is low. Could appeal to the exception panel I guess. Might be waste really

2 hours ago, alexanders said:

Whether or not we got Marius Lode. One thing is for sure. We are doing our business very quietly. 

TBH considering he was at Bodo/Glimt for years and must know Gregg personally very well it would not be hard to keep this one quiet....

We are obviously doing some business - we know for certain we are in negotiations for Lode, Sepp and Van Hecke at least. So wheels are turning. Question is can we sign two defenders and a left back, and have someone clearly identified and ready to come if BBD goes.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have to say, Vale looked completely different last night to what he looked like at Reading..

Is he overawed by the occasion? 

League 2 player or lower. There's a few lads in that Rovers team last night who aren't good enough for the Championship

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have to say, Vale looked completely different last night to what he looked like at Reading..

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Or maybe just league 2 level?

Badly needs a goal, but seems too shy to take chances. It will soon be shit or bust time for him under JDT. Perhaps he should have a chat with Big Al up the road in Darras Hall - he used to practice, practice, practice his shooting and it seemed to work for him.

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

All about levels he just isn't ready to be a regular in the championship.

If we were in lge 2 that team last night and the one v Hartlepool would probably be enough to finish in the top 6.  It would sink without trace in the championship week in week out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

All about levels he just isn't ready to be a regular in the championship.

If we were in lge 2 that team last night and the one v Hartlepool would probably be enough to finish in the top 6.  It would sink without trace in the championship week in week out.

Yeah he's not good enough for the Championship. Clearly a decent L2 player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Reading up on him it appears he was banned for a season for taking PED's (in his case Ritalin)

He clearly enjoys getting Loded. 

Isnt Ritalin what they give people with ADHD? Maybe he had that? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swanson said:

Marius Lode got his work permit application rejected yesterday (no surprise). We were the club in the Championship with the offer, heard this from two different reporters.

Anyway, won't happen now.

Presumably there's no right of appeal??