BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Then why would you want an unproven , younger centre half to come in on loan. But not a player who has already shown he was our best centre half last year by being player of the year. Who is 100% proven in this division

We would all much rather we signed him permanently, but if that really isn’t possible then why wouldn’t you loan him, especially as you are clearly open to loaning a centre half ?

Because I would only want one loanee center-half, and as far as a loan goes I would prefer the Liverpool player.

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Then why would you want an unproven , younger centre half to come in on loan. But not a player who has already shown he was our best centre half last year by being player of the year. Who is 100% proven in this division

We would all much rather we signed him permanently, but if that really isn’t possible then why wouldn’t you loan him, especially as you are clearly open to loaning a centre half ?

Id prefer Van Hecke myself but I do have some reservations if he would be as good as part of a back 4 rather than a 3.

And Sepp van den Berg may not be proven here but he has proved himself in the championship with Preston also added value that he has shown himself capable of playing rb, I don't think covering Rb when needed would be as comfortable for Van Hecke.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because I would only want one loanee center-half, and as far as a loan goes I would prefer the Liverpool player.

So if we can’t get Van Den Berg, you still wouldn’t want JPVH on loan ?

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not really. They have loaned out 2 players in Ellis Simms and Lewis Gibson I might have look at. I think I would want straight cash for him then we can bring in players to replace him. 

I agree with your first point that we should sell him given he wants out from media reports and We could use that fee to fund a couple of replacements like Veljko Birmancevic(suggested cos JDT knows him) and Georgios Giakoumakis(being linked with a move to championship according a poster who posted that link) for example of what we could do and who we could sign. 

You mention Tyrese Campbell as replacement for BBD and he would be very good signing I just don't see him coming here. JDT will know Riis so maybe he is realistic option but I wouldn't pay more than 4 or 5 million for him. 

100% we need to have the money and not get drawn into loan deals bringing the fee down. It needs to become a bidding war but the worry is that there just hasn’t been the concrete interest to date. 

Really need two or three teams at a minimum pushing for him.

12 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Van Den Berg isn’t unproven. He’s a proven championship centre half. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Van Den Berg isn’t unproven. He’s a proven championship centre half. 

Agreed. Badly worded. I’m not saying I don’t want him. But I’d rather JPVH as I doubt VDB would have made the impact and be as successful as Van Hecke was here last year. Van Hecke is proven at Ewood as being exceptional.

But my general point is, you can’t say you want Van Den Berg on loan but under no circumstances do you want JPVH on loan unless it’s a permanent. That’s crazy.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So if we can’t get Van Den Berg, you still wouldn’t want JPVH on loan ?

Brighton aren't going to let JP VH go out on loan unless he signs a new contract there first.

He also did very well here and apparently enjoyed it. We're also never likely to be in the position again to be in with the chance (however slight) of signing someone of that age and quality for the price. On the flip side I'm guessing there I'd no chance of ever acquiring the Liverpool guy permanently. 

I'd say it is perfectly logical to try and acquire JPVH permanently and get the other centre half option in on loan be it VDB  or anyone else.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Brighton aren't going to let JP VH go out on loan unless he signs a new contract there first.

He also did very well here and apparently enjoyed it. We're also never likely to be in the position again to be in with the chance (however slight) of signing someone of that age and quality for the price. On the flip side I'm guessing there I'd no chance of ever acquiring the Liverpool guy permanently. 

I'd say it is perfectly logical to try and acquire JPVH permanently and get the other centre half option in on loan be it VDB  or anyone else.

Agree on all of that.

But if on transfer deadline day we’ve brought nobody in, would you say we don’t want Van Hecke on loan, it’s either permanent or nothing?

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Rovers have dropped their interest in both Van Den Berg and Van Hecke I'm hearing and have switched their sights to Van Halen who could rock up as early as tomorrow. Have I told you lately that Van Morrison is available too? 

Nope. It's Rip Van Winkel.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

54 minutes ago, rigger said:

We don't want Van Hecke on loan. Permanant or nothing.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Again, where have I said that. This is a rhetorical question, no need for you to answer it, as this conversation is getting boring.

There.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Another day with no activity or rumours - except outgoing. 

Standard.

Tick tock goes the alarm clock. 

Yep, to go back to the one day cricket analogy the run rate is going up and up.

You would also have thought that with there being a possibility of BBD leaving, we'd have been heavily linked with several strikers as a possible back up -  and not a hint of that.

There's no need to panic though. Apparently all these top quality players apparently become available out of nowhere at a knockdown price as the window draws to a close.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep, to go back to the one day cricket analogy the run rate is going up and up.

You would also have thought that with there being a possibility of BBD leaving, we'd have been heavily linked with several strikers as a possible back up -  and not a hint of that.

There's no need to panic though. Apparently all these top quality players apparently become available out of nowhere at a knockdown price as the window draws to a close.

Exactly. 

Everybody bemoaning the small pool of players available post Brexit, yet as the deadline approaches, they are all going to become cheaper.  Surely, it works the opposite way. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Exactly. 

Everybody bemoaning the small pool of players available post Brexit, yet as the deadline approaches, they are all going to become cheaper.  Surely, it works the opposite way. 

From the EU they become dearer