BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I agree. Central midfield is a glaring problem. You need to win the midfield battle in order for your more technical players to get into the game. Don't think we'll see anyone sign there though. 

Spot on.

We need an experienced warrior in there.  Travis isn't that and never will be though with help, could become a very good Championship midfielder - to me he's a lot more in his locker than he shows and has room for development.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Spot on.

We need an experienced warrior in there.  Travis isn't that and never will be though with help, could become a very good Championship midfielder - to me he's a lot more in his locker than he shows and has room for development.

Could become?

He already is a very good Championship midfielder. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Spot on.

they would never sell him to us for anything but a stupidly hight price but alan browne from pne would be perfect in our midfield,box to box, scores goals and does`nt **** around with the short passes

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Could become?

He already is a very good Championship midfielder. 

Beg to differ.

Think he loses focus and gets involved in niggly wind-ups / skirmishes (Stuart Metcalfe was like that).

I think Mowbray blocked him from blossoming.  When Travis first broke through he was also good driving forward and could pick a pass.  To me, that part of his game has largely disappeared.  Think there is a real player in there but needs some shrewd management and some help on the field - powder puff Buckley aint the feckin answer.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they would never sell him to us for anything but a stupidly hight price but alan browne from pne would be perfect in our midfield,box to box, scores goals and does`nt **** around with the short passes

Give it a rest he's shit or we could have bought the guy who's going to take his captaincy soon.....

Ask some nobbers fans they'd drive Browne to Ewood

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Think last midfielder we bought from PNE was Ken Knighton about 50 years ago.  He had the feckin lot - physicality, aggression, tackled like a tank, could pass a ball through the eye of a needle and had a cannonball shot and he was a leader!  Ken would be priceless these days.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Think last midfielder we bought from PNE was Ken Knighton about 50 years ago.  He had the feckin lot - physicality, aggression, tackled like a tank, could pass a ball through the eye of a needle and had a cannonball shot and he was a leader!  Ken would be priceless these days.

Great player. Somebody was talking about “ warriors “ the other day. He was a real warrior. When we sold him to Hull our relegation was nailed on.

• Like 2

If that's him being "happy and excited" Hyam must be suicidal on his bad days. Hyam sounds southern - perhaps he's not keen on being sent to darkest East Lancs. Let's hope he's followed at least 1 more incoming player this week. As others have said, my preference would be for a midfield tyro to strengthen the team physically and help Travis and another proven forward if possible. 

• Like 1