BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nobody else does that I can think of. I see Kompany is buying wingers like there’s no tomorrow. Maybe he intends to play that way. Opponents getting around the side of your defence are a defenders worst nightmare. They can play in front of you all day as far as I’m concerned. What do I know though ? 
It’s like this latest  “ everybody back to defend corners” bollocks. Get your quickest forward, say Dolan, on the half way line. He’s no use defending a corner anyway being 5 ft nothing. They’ll have to pull two back to mark him. Then your keeper has a chance of getting out to claim the ball occasionally. No, we’d rather have a crowded goal mouth were the keeper can’t move.

You would think that with a lot of teams using wing backs high up, that  a traditional winger would have a field day with all that space and find himself up against a 6ft 4 CB trying to cover.  

I'd play genuine wingers all day long.  

I'd play them in the 4-2-3-1 role as well. 

Proper number 9 up top, Dack behind. Two quick wingers either flank.  Playing on their strongest foot. 

Exciting to watch IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It's annoying that we have been desperate for a new centre half and it appears that the Hyam deal has been in the offing for some time. Stuck in an in tray somewhere in Pune perhaps?

It’s because Coventry are in a bigger mess than we are executive wise  ! Deal was muted 6 weeks ago but they had no one to talk to Rovers regarding a deal

Nixon is reporting that 5 PL clubs want BBD Aston Villa, Brighton, Everton, Southampton and West Ham weigh up late transfer approach for Blackburn Rovers star | Football League World

Also the LT is saying that Carter might go on loan if we sign Van Der Berg on loan. The LT also say we don't want Van Hecke anymore. Says we want a forward on loan with a view to perm deal

I would also expect that JRC and Butterworth will leave on loan or perm in Butterworth case. 

Its going a very interesting next 84 hours and 20 mins left of the transfer window

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Looking at hirsts goals from last year, a lot of identical ones where wingers went down the line and either cut back for him with a loss cross into the box or a high one, a style we do not play at all, so I’m a bit concerned with that one, I’d suggest we need a more dynamic striker to carry the ball, bit of speed to play the line and can shift the ball and strike. Lot to ask but a young Micheal Owen type is what I see us needing so I’m hoping the hirst talk is one of a few options 

If you look at Saturday game, they were a number of opportunities for players to cut the ball back for a player but no one there. Same as Crosses in. Hirst seems to be penalty box striker and that what I think we need 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Wonder who Man City and Man Utd were watching? And Fleetwood?!

Utd’s is GK coach / scout so Kaminski is possible. Big clubs also probs running the rule over Phillips after Spurs interest. Can’t speak for Stoke players lol

• Like 1

Now we have Hyam I'd rather we left VDB honestly. Those squad places in 4th, 5th choice are exactly where the younger lads like Carter and Phillips should be and getting loans in to stunt their development is something we need to stop doing.

Ayala, Hyam, Wharton, Carter and Phillips should be fine for CB. Let's get some creativity or finishing with that loan instead.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Was he their #17? Lanky pos that was upfront taking our players out late?

He'll have been disappointed with what he saw if so.

Delap was No.17. Why would he be disappointed? He occupied both central defenders most of the game allowing others space, especially in the first half. 

He was key to their first half performance which should have them 3 or 4 up ay half time.

1 minute ago, den said:

Scouts frequently attend games. Doesn’t mean they’re scouting anyone in particular.

Surely they could have many other PL games to go to for entertainment unless they pissed someone in the hierarchy off.

"I'm not happy with your attitude, you'll be watching Stoke for the season"

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is that facts or opinion?

It’s never facts in this industry. Everyone is a ITK. I sit next to the special quests and Jornos. Saw JRC and Dolans name on a Fleetwood note pad.  Might be guessing but there maybe something in it. 

I don’t claim to be in the know, but what I do know I don’t generally share as I get asked not to. 

I have links to one first team player, and several fringe players via various friends and family.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Sharpe hinting SVDB is done and that the 3rd signing is an attacker on a loan-to-buy (Hirst?)

He's also saying that Rovers see WHU as the most likely Prem club to make a move for BBD. If he goes we'll make a move for another attacker. 

Everton look the best for him as he’s just had a baby and can stay living where he is as the commute will only be an hour

6 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

It’s never facts in this industry. Everyone is a ITK. I sit next to the special quests and Jornos. Saw JRC and Dolans name on a Fleetwood note pad.  Might be guessing but there maybe something in it. 

I don’t claim to be in the know, but what I do know I don’t generally share as I get asked not to. 

I have links to one first team player, and several fringe players via various friends and family.

Cheers.

Maybe JRC and Dolan are two that Rovers have made known are available for loan. 

• Like 1

Nixon now saying Schalke made late move for van den berg! Liverpool to decide where he goes. Would like him but think 5 cbs would be enough even if playing 3 at the back. Just means nobody leaves on loan . Would also free up money for another position 

Going to be a busy few days

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Now we have Hyam I'd rather we left VDB honestly. Those squad places in 4th, 5th choice are exactly where the younger lads like Carter and Phillips should be and getting loans in to stunt their development is something we need to stop doing.

Ayala, Hyam, Wharton, Carter and Phillips should be fine for CB. Let's get some creativity or finishing with that loan instead.

Although I agree in principle, at the moment the team is more important. If we don't strengthen significantly we'll keep struggling.

But we do need a decent goalscorer and someone to replace Brereton on the left if he's going.

At some point we should get rid of some of the players who clearly aren't going to step up like Butterworth, Pickering, JRC and Edun and replace them asap.

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You'd think so, but maybe the feeling is they won't bid but WHU will? We'll soon know!

Your probably right. But I think West Ham look fully stacked, Diaz is second choice as Everton’s number one target is Borja from Chelsea. If that fails then Diaz.