BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

If I think about our squad right now, it's not actually very good. If Lenihan, Nyambe and Brereton leave, and no quality signings are made, then see you guys in League 1 for that promotion party in a few years time. Or maybe more doom, who knows 

I think just using present players. If the three you mention leave, our starting eleven would be :

Kaminski, Brown, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering, Travis, Buckley, Dack, Hedges, Markanday, Gallagher.

Squad made up of :

Greek lad, Carter, Magloire, Phillips, JRC, Edun, Dolan, Butterworth. 

Not the best I admit. But I imagine there will be championship clubs with worse squads. 

Edited by rigger

13 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Giles isn’t our player.

We definitely need to strengthen in all areas. Brereton would need replacing and the midfield is light. 

I stand corrected, strike Giles from the list. I also agree we need strengthening, let's hope we get the right personnel in. I would love us to get a proper midfield enforcer (Oddly enough, I think Nyambe would suit that role ).

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I think just using present players. If the three you mention leave, our starting eleven would be :

Kaminski, Brown, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering, Travis, Buckley, Dack, Hedges, Markanday, Gallagher.

Squad made up of :

Greek lad, Carter, Magloire, Phillips, JRC, Edun, Dolan, Butterworth. 

Not the best I admit. But I imagine there will be championship clubs with worse squads. 

JRC for Brown and Dolan for Markanday for me.

Not a terrible squad but get a few injuries then we're well and truly screwed. 

Need a couple CM's, a new winger and new CM. 

Would probably need a new CB aswell with Ayalas fitness record and I don't think Magloires up to it.

Rb also a cause for concern but think other areas need looking at first

Edited by deanives
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

Magloire is with the same agent who's been around for years and Butterworth i think is with another large one who have quite a few in here.

Just goes to show somebody (Suhail probably) operates above the manager with agents. 

That's why i fear a young pliable coach slotting in whilst he's given what he's told to use.

Magloire and Butterworth need to be heavily involved in pre-season to see if they can contribute. Then, a further extension can be considered, or letting them disappear on loan and off. What can't happen is the disgraceful situation with Chapman, where he was given a new short-term deal, unexpectedly, and not given much of a chance to justify it at Rovers and then banished on loan - where, admittedly, he largely failed. However, the potential demoralisation of being brought back in from the cold before being sent away again couldn't have helped - unless there's more to it than that which we aren't aware of.

Otherwise, these deals make no sense whatsoever, as no-one is going to pay a fee for them and if they do in Jan 2023, then it means they've turned around their career and Rovers would likely want to keep them. Moreover, Magloire is 23 years old and Butterworth 22 years old, so, for the sake of their careers, the fair thing is to get a chance or be let go to make their way elsewhere.

Edited by riverholmes

46 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Magloire and Butterworth need to be heavily involved in pre-season to see if they can contribute. Then, a further extension can be considered, or letting them disappear on loan and off. What can't happen is the disgraceful situation with Chapman, where he was given a new short-term deal, unexpectedly, and not given much of a chance to justify it at Rovers and then banished on loan - where, admittedly, he largely failed. However, the potential demoralisation of being brought back in from the cold before being sent away again couldn't have helped - unless there's more to it than that which we aren't aware of.

Otherwise, these deals make no sense whatsoever, as no-one is going to pay a fee for them and if they do in Jan 2023, then it means they've turned around their career and Rovers would likely want to keep them. Moreover, Magloire is 23 years old and Butterworth 22 years old, so, for the sake of their careers, the fair thing is to get a chance or be let go to make their way elsewhere.

As Toyah once said : It's a mythtery.

• Like 1

Just looking through the free agent list and they aren't many that would improve our team. 

I still feel we need between 6 to 8 signings depending on whether Nyambe and Lenihan sign new contracts with centre midfield being the position we need 2 to 3 signings at least, 1 left winger and 1 striker and 1 centre back. 

He was another on small wages who they low balled when offering him a fresh contract then with all the stalling in stepped someone with a silly offer.

That's how it seems to roll here with some of them.

3 hours ago, ChrisyG said:

I noticed Connor Mahoney on the free agent list. Things don't seem to have worked out for him since he left and he's only played a handful of games for Millwall this season.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, I think he’s really underrated. Has had some bad luck with injuries but he’s undoubtedly talented.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, I think he’s really underrated. Has had some bad luck with injuries but he’s undoubtedly talented.

The highlighted word is the most relivant, in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2022 at 14:01, LeftWinger said:

Ben Brereton Diaz, Dan Butterworth, Tyler Magloire and Jordan Eastham have all been informed that the club have taken up the option to extend their registration for a further 12 months, keeping them contracted until June 30th 2023.

Bradley Johnson, Jacob Davenport, Harry Chapman, Luke Brennan, Connor McBride, Sam Durrant and Joe Nolan, along with scholars Joe Ferguson, Brandon Lonsdale and Evan Cunningham, will not be retained upon the expiration of their current agreements, whilst Joe Rothwell has confirmed that he will be leaving the club this summer.

Rovers remain in contract talks with defenders Darragh Lenihan and Ryan Nyambe, however as both players are over the age of 24, they are entitled to discuss their options with other clubs.

Couple of questions on this. 

Wasn't McBride doing quite well for the reserves? Given we have a lack of strikers - which will get worse when Bereton inevitably goes - it seems a tad odd we are letting him go. 

Also on Davenport. Not sure I saw enough to make an informed opinion but at times he looked promising. Never got a consistent run with TM in charge - look at the difference in Buckley when he had a run of games in a position . But I did think there I saw a few sparks of talent in there that suggested he was worth a run in the team and investigating whether he was worth keeping. Have a feeling we may end up regretting letting him go. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Couple of questions on this. 

Wasn't McBride doing quite well for the reserves? Given we have a lack of strikers - which will get worse when Bereton inevitably goes - it seems a tad odd we are letting him go. 

Also on Davenport. Not sure I saw enough to make an informed opinion but at times he looked promising. Never got a consistent run with TM in charge - look at the difference in Buckley when he had a run of games in a position . But I did think there I saw a few sparks of talent in there that suggested he was worth a run in the team and investigating whether he was worth keeping. Have a feeling we may end up regretting letting him go. 

In my opinion, both Vale and Burns are better options than McBride.

• Like 4

Just now, rigger said:

In my opinion, both Vale and Burns are better options than McBride.

Cheers. I'm not that familiar (gone are the days of trips to Morecambe of an evening. I miss those) but saw his name bandied about a fair bit. Given how bare we are up top it seemed a bit of an odd one. However if we have better options than that's fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Cheers. I'm not that familiar (gone are the days of trips to Morecambe of an evening. I miss those) but saw his name bandied about a fair bit. Given how bare we are up top it seemed a bit of an odd one. However if we have better options than that's fair enough. 

Get down to Leyland.

McBride's career has not taken off and he's been a sub for Queen's Park and not scored a goal, as far as I know. However, they have won the play offs and will play in the second tier next year, so, perhaps, they'll try to sign him.

On the face of it, seems nothing to lose to let him go but I do believe that there were some mis-steps in helping his development, after he was nominated for the PL2 player of the year shortlist, after something like 13 goals and 6 assists. Foremost, he needed a loan last summer. Also he was more deserving, at the time, than players like Pike and Annesley who got new deals but are almost certainly going to leave the club next year.

However, he did have a bad season, lost the faith of the management and struggled on loan, so it comes as no surprise he's going. I'd have kept him for another year. He's a different type of forward to Burns and Vale. But we'll have to see where his career goes next.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just looking through the free agent list and they aren't many that would improve our team. 

I still feel we need between 6 to 8 signings depending on whether Nyambe and Lenihan sign new contracts with centre midfield being the position we need 2 to 3 signings at least, 1 left winger and 1 striker and 1 centre back. 

I think Nathan Byrne from Derby would be a decent enough replacement for Nyambe if he leaves. I’m pretty sure Byrne is out of contract.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

He was another on small wages who they low balled when offering him a fresh contract then with all the stalling in stepped someone with a silly offer.

That's how it seems to roll here with some of them.

You’re wrong his offer was comparative but wasn’t guaranteed game time 

35 minutes ago, KyleBRFC said:

https://twitter.com/TheFLZone/status/1527903647459332097?s=20&t=Zzh1QAw2l1kz8Y47gzzRYA

Am I missing something here? not seen much but heard hes a very good player and if so we should really be looking at him

He’s very inconsistent. Not a bad player when he’s on it but Jesus when we won at Stoke this season he was the worst player on the pitch, every pass was to a yellow shirt. Worst individual performance I saw from an opposition player all season.