BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

If it's Farke or Carvalhal, I think Lenihan will sign.

Ayala is a sick note. In winter. That won't matter during summer when he's fit as a fiddle.

See above. See above.

Maybe Ayala and Mowbray have got a similar half season syndrome medical condition? I’d have thought it we were pushing for promotion he’d make a real effort to get fit and play, but not, he doesn’t give a fuck obviously. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You can't polish a turd mate..not for me.

You wrote off Buckley to be fair. Your judgement on Mowbray I always agreed with, your eye for a player not so much although with the way you talk sometimes I’m presuming you’ve applied for the Director of football role 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Maybe Ayala and Mowbray have got a similar half season syndrome medical condition? I’d have thought it we were pushing for promotion he’d make a real effort to get fit and play, but not, he doesn’t give a fuck obviously. 

Probably knew what some on here already knew.

Outgoing. (Gone or out of contract).

Van Hecke

Khadra

Poveda

Giles

Zeefuik

Rothwell

Johnson

Nyambe

Lenihan

Carter

Magloire

Butterworth

Davenport

Chapman

Brereton - will be sold

Greek Keeper

Manager

Head of recruitment

About 6 other backroom staff

CEO (won't be long now)

Incoming - 0

Expect another 5 weeks before anything starts to happen. Holidays come first.

We clearly had a very bloated squad.

No wonder we have no money.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

25 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Portsmouth for 500k if there local journo is to be believed 😆

Although he has stated himself the wants to be playing Championship football next season having done time in League One - he believes he's ready for the step up.

Just looked at the managers win percentages of anyone appointed since 1960 (blue ones are Venky's managers).

Dalglish unsurprisingly top - but he had the backing.

Ray Harford - top coach, but did a very poor job with the squad he inherited.

Mark Hughes - what a top job he did and a wonderful time to be a Rovers fan.

Roy Hodgson - considering he spent a fortune and his reputation, he was a disaster after that first season.

All in all, of the 28 names on the List - Venky's were responsible for 5 of the bottom 9 (win % wise). I realise it's all relative and it's not a completely fair comparison, but I've not much faith in them getting this appointment right either.

managers.jpg

Edited by LeftWinger
Meant to post this in the manager thread, not here.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Just looked at the managers win percentages of anyone appointed since 1960 (blue ones are Venky's managers).

Dalglish unsurprisingly top - but he had the backing.

Ray Harford - top coach, but did a very poor job with the squad he inherited.

Mark Hughes - what a top job he did and a wonderful time to be a Rovers fan.

Roy Hodgson - considering he spent a fortune and his reputation, he was a disaster after that first season.

All in all, of the 28 names on the List - Venky's were responsible for 5 of the bottom 9 (win % wise). I realise it's all relative and it's not a completely fair comparison, but I've not much faith in them getting this appointment right either.

managers.jpg

Ye and the only one with decent numbers under these had the luxury of having his boosted by a year in division 3.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Outgoing. (Gone or out of contract).

Van Hecke

Khadra

Poveda

Giles

Zeefuik

Rothwell

Johnson

Nyambe

Lenihan

Carter

Magloire

Butterworth

Davenport

Chapman

Brereton - will be sold

Greek Keeper

Manager

Head of recruitment

About 6 other backroom staff

CEO (won't be long now)

Incoming - 0

Expect another 5 weeks before anything starts to happen. Holidays come first.

We clearly had a very bloated squad.

No wonder we have no money.

Greek keeper, Stergiakis, isn't 'gone or out of contract'. His deal runs til next summer and then has a one year extension option.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Greek keeper, Stergiakis, isn't 'gone or out of contract'. His deal runs til next summer and then has a one year extension option.

Is he all that? Serious question, as I've not seen anything of him at Rovers. I know he was highly rated a few years before he joined us, but it worries me that he's seen as being below Pears in the pecking order.

You'd be as well putting a mannequin in goal rather than Pears.

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Is he all that? Serious question, as I've not seen anything of him at Rovers. I know he was highly rated a few years before he joined us, but it worries me that he's seen as being below Pears in the pecking order.

Not a clue really. His highlights reel (I know) had some very impressive saves, we paid something like 2-300k for him, and at a young age he had already played 75 pro games, plus a few for Greece u21s, turned down Roma and Olympiakos in favour of regular football and been nominated for the Golden Boy (best young player in Europe) so I think a lot of us thought he was going to be our number 2.

Then 10 days later, Mowbray signed his mate's son, who we know is piss poor (though tbf, had played at this level for Boro) and the lad hasn't had a look in. He doesn't seem to have consistently impressed onlookers in the u23s and gets rotated with the other young keepers. I can imagine it being a bit dispiriting for a lad who has turned down big moves before to play regularly, that we almost immediately brought in another number 2. Needs to pick himself up and fulfil his potential or unlikely to make it here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I have seen him a couple of times for the U23s. To me he is a vast improvement on Pears, and better than Eastham. 

• Like 2