BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A second division midfielder that has spent most of his career at struggling Reading is ‘out of our league’… still, could be Bury, couldn’t we.

He’s possibly the best attacking central midfielder in the division. If we can’t afford to keep Rothwell we obviously can’t afford Swift. Lower level Premier League teams are looking at him.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Why minus 7m the 20% would be off any profit made on the sale if there is a sell on so at £15m would leave 13/14m not 6m. Tho I do agree we would see fa of it tbf.

Sorry I must be asleep...

Bought for 7m...probably get 15m for him...leave 8m...1.6m to forest and 6.4m left....am I wrong?

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Pompey hoping to land Carter for £500k this summer: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20143531.portsmouth-ready-go-sign-blackburn-rovers-defender-hayden-carter/

Would be a balls up for me. Let the new manager come in and assess him.

Don't like the fee being that low one bit. In his interviews he seems desperate to be playing games now (fair enough at his age) so he might push for it if our intentions were to keep him as a squad player to begin with. 

He's obviously still going to be a step down on Van Hecke, but I still like Carter. If he is to go, I hope we put an eye-watering sell on clause in there as I can see him developing into a good Championship level player pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sorry I must be asleep...

Bought for 7m...probably get 15m for him...leave 8m...1.6m to forest and 6.4m left....am I wrong?

But we are getting the 7m back plus the rest on top there's nothing to say we can't reinvest the original cash. If I own my house and sell my house for more than I bought it for I have the original outlay+ the profit to spend no?

10 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Don't like the fee being that low one bit. In his interviews he seems desperate to be playing games now (fair enough at his age) so he might push for it if our intentions were to keep him as a squad player to begin with. 

He's obviously still going to be a step down on Van Hecke, but I still like Carter. If he is to go, I hope we put an eye-watering sell on clause in there as I can see him developing into a good Championship level player pretty quickly. 

Given our likely squad we should keep him. We'll be spending more than £500000 on a replacement that's for sure, which could go towards a striker or mid-fielder.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A second division midfielder that has spent most of his career at struggling Reading is ‘out of our league’… still, could be Bury, couldn’t we.

think he meant regarding wages..............many, many pages ago the wage he's alleged to earn was speculated on here.  If true [and FFP breaches suggest Reading have form for overpaying] then probably too pricey for the chicken-chokers

1 minute ago, Glosrover said:

think he meant regarding wages..............many, many pages ago the wage he's alleged to earn was speculated on here.  If true [and FFP breaches suggest Reading have form for overpaying] then probably too pricey for the chicken-chokers

I’m sure he is ‘out of our league’, just like that fella that has never been higher then second division mid table, Joe Rothwell.

So it doesn’t make it an any less damming indictment of this past decade…

31 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Don't know him from adam, but interesting that it seems like he's available for a transfer rather than a loan. 

As much as I hope Nyambe will end up signing on, if we play three at the back again next year we'll need someone who can offer an attacking threat more than Ryan has been able to do. 

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Pompey hoping to land Carter for £500k this summer: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20143531.portsmouth-ready-go-sign-blackburn-rovers-defender-hayden-carter/

Would be a balls up for me. Let the new manager come in and assess him.

I agree. What the last young centre half called that we let go cheap ? The one who ended up playing in the Prem with Sheffield Utd. O’Connell ? This could turn out the same. Let’s get him back here and have another look at him. Especially with Lenihan having itchy feet.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

But we are getting the 7m back plus the rest on top there's nothing to say we can't reinvest the original cash. If I own my house and sell my house for more than I bought it for I have the original outlay+ the profit to spend no?

That 7m 'we get back' isn't profit. The alleged sell-on is %age of profit, not sale.

• Backroom

That 7m 'we get back' isn't profit. The alleged sell-on is %age of profit, not sale.

Sadly that doesn't happen here as we well know and the original 7 mill will be in the debt we already have anyway.

So it all just gets reabsorbed into the books, otherwise i presume it would get hit with a wad of tax anyway if it was separate money.

6 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the £7m we spent was an out going in 2018 anything we have coming in would be an incoming in 2022 the financial cycles last 3 years so the 7m loss is off the books this year but the possible 15m going in would be on.

Don't think the 7million was paid in one wedge so it is not as straight forward as it would appear. Maybe it was paid in installments.

1 minute ago, Rogerb said:

Don't think the 7million was paid in one wedge so it is not as straight forward as it would appear. Maybe it was paid in installments.

You'd also assume the potential £15m coming in would be in instalments as well.