BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

12 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Greek Goali Left the club … Shame never got a look in …. 

He couldn't keep hold of the U23s goalie position. So maybe he just wasn't good enough.

PS. He was still better than Pears.

Edited by rigger

Wouldn't touch Tom Lawrence at all....huge salary, big ego, would rather invest in an up and coming talent like Jack Rudoni from AFC Wimbledon who had a great season and who AFC are looking to sale for a record transfer for the club so think around 500k/1m fee. He is a wonderful little player. 

• Like 1

Another one from Fulham.. Read that Alfie Mawson has been released - defender, 28 years old and signed for up to £20m 4 years ago. Admittedly don't know much about him but given options at the back - worth a look?

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Another one from Fulham.. Read that Alfie Mawson has been released - defender, 28 years old and signed for up to £20m 4 years ago. Admittedly don't know much about him but given options at the back - worth a look?

Good player and one we tried to bring here on loan in the past.His injury record Is poor though and we already have a centre half who misses the majority of the season with injury

4 hours ago, J*B said:

It’s a surreal statement to make if he doesn’t, so I’ll go with yes. 

I know his family and they are really nice down to earth people. He made a serious mistake with the car crash, but children do make them. To paint his family with that statement is one step too far.

5 hours ago, unleaded said:

Greek Goali Left the club … Shame never got a look in …. 

The report just today is that it looks like he will leave, to the Greek top tier, but that nothing is agreed yet. I'd leave if I were him, he will look at his two years here as wasted ones. Shame the boss' mate's son got signed a few days after him, we might have actually seen him otherwise. Bet he wouldn't have thrown the ball into the net against Wigan.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is he? Pears is crap but Stergiakis seems to have fallen to at least 4th choice. I think he perhaps benefits from being more of a stand out interesting signing from abroad.

4th choice for Tony Mowbray. Forgive me if I don't put too much store in his views. The same man who thought SG should have a stab at RB and that a LWB was an inside forward on the right flank. One of those choices ahead of him was his mate's son, which reeks of nepotism. Who knows where a new manager would put him in our GK rankings.

Stergiakis will now go down as a failed Mowbray signing, someone he signed for money and then almost immediately sidelined. We won't get much if any money for the sale so I hope we stick a tidy sell-on in there in case the scouts who initially found him were right about his potential. Not that he is likely to fetch much when he moves from a Greek top tier also-rans side unless he really really shines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

The report just today is that it looks like he will leave, to the Greek top tier, but that nothing is agreed yet. I'd leave if I were him, he will look at his two years here as wasted ones. Shame the boss' mate's son got signed a few days after him, we might have actually seen him otherwise. Bet he wouldn't have thrown the ball into the net against Wigan.

4th choice for Tony Mowbray. Forgive me if I don't put too much store in his views. The same man who thought SG should have a stab at RB and that a LWB was an inside forward on the right flank. One of those choices ahead of him was his mate's son, which reeks of nepotism. Who knows where a new manager would put him in our GK rankings.

Stergiakis will now go down as a failed Mowbray signing, someone he signed for money and then almost immediately sidelined. We won't get much if any money for the sale so I hope we stick a tidy sell-on in there in case the scouts who initially found him were right about his potential. Not that he is likely to fetch much when he moves from a Greek top tier also-rans side unless he really really shines.

Putting the nepotism argument to one side, why is he behind Eastham?

Seemingly signed for a pittance from a backwater to play in the youth team, didnt develop as hoped, not ideal, but not a scandal either.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Putting the nepotism argument to one side, why is he behind Eastham?

Seemingly signed for a pittance from a backwater to play in the youth team, didnt develop as hoped, not ideal, but not a scandal either.

Thought I was clear, I don't care, nor does it matter, what Mowbray's rankings of our GK department are. I don't rate his opinions and he is no longer our manager. Since he is no longer our manager, we have no idea whether he would be considered to be behind Eastham or not.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Thought I was clear, I don't care, nor does it matter, what Mowbray's rankings of our GK department are. I don't rate his opinions and he is no longer our manager. Since he is no longer our manager, we have no idea whether he would be considered to be behind Eastham or not.

Even for the under 23s he wasnt first choice it seems, not that its competitive football all the same.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even for the under 23s he wasnt first choice it seems, not that its competitive football all the same.

True, though there didn't seem to be such thing as first choice for the u23s. Think they just realised they had too many youth keepers and decided to rotate them all around. I expect he was a bit demoralised too, I would be if I signed expecting to be number two and they signed a new number two like a week later. I doubt they told him he was going to be third choice, though maybe they did I dunno. Add in moving countries and it wasn't really set up for him to succeed.

Moving him on is best for all parties at this stage. Hopefully we get a bit of money back and tack a sell on in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is he? Pears is crap but Stergiakis seems to have fallen to at least 4th choice. I think he perhaps benefits from being more of a stand out interesting signing from abroad.

My nan is better than Pears, the only reason that lad played was he TMs best mates boy 👍👍 Everyone saw what a stand out player he was 😂😂🤣🤣 Stergakis might be rubbish but rubbish is better than Pears, any other manager would have tried another gk.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, neophox said:

Michael Hector ? any good?

would take him, but i'm not sure we'd have a need for him with carter, wharton, ayala and potentially lenihan? he's 29 now and has played in this division for most of his professional career, so he could bring us a bit of experience if ayala's lying down again and he'd have the two young lads either side of him.

Edited by nbdelboy

1 hour ago, nbdelboy said:

would take him, but i'm not sure we'd have a need for him with carter, wharton, ayala and potenitally lenihan? he's 29 now and has played in this division for most of his professional career, so he could bring us a bit of experience if ayala's lying down again and there's the two young lads either side of him.

Yes, I hope we take a look at him. I like Ayala, but he spends a lot of time out of action. 

looking like there's some interest in young Magloire. an interesting one. i remember the days when he was touted as a top prospect for us, had pace to burn and was even slotted in for a few games when we were dry of defenders. isn't he, by quite a distance, supposed to be the fastest player at the club and potentially beyond that? always baffled me that for a centre back. anyway, something's gone wrong the past few years hasn't it. he must have shown something at northampton if they want him back there though. i bet he's one we regret letting go, but, tbf, age isn't on his side at 23 and his contract extension was blatantly just to cover some gaps pre-window/new gaffer and to get a bit of a fee for him.

I remember watching Magloire in preseason a couple of years back against Leicester and he look really good, but then when he was needed in league games he fell to pieces multiple times. Shame as he was always touted as a potential star. Doesn't seem to have done much on loan unlike Wharton and Carter.

Maybe the hope is a decent coach can actually get a tune out of him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I remember watching Magloire in preseason a couple of years back against Leicester and he look really good, but then when he was needed in league games he fell to pieces multiple times. Shame as he was always touted as a potential star. Doesn't seem to have done much on loan unlike Wharton and Carter.

Maybe the hope is a decent coach can actually get a tune out of him.

He's looked absolutely awful imo. 

But then I suppose so did Ben Brereton. Maybe we should send Magloire to Chile?