BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who is there to agree a new deal with ? Looks like he got tired of waiting as well.

Waggott, Pasha, Cheston and Silvester all there

Who knows what is going on. LT doesn't  say he is deffo going. Says they are still in talks but he might be going elsewhere. Hedging his bets Sharpe there. 

here is the story for you to see what you think

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1131320758?-11198:839

24 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Lenihan is easily replaceable, Nyambe not so much.

Neither are easily replaceable, they're two of our key players and clearly top half Championship players. Meanwhile we have no money and a bunch of other players we also need to replace. And still no manager to begin organising it all.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Lenihan is easily replaceable, Nyambe not so much.

Easily ?

Don't talk crap and although i'm a fan of Nyambe i'd say Lenihen is better at his job.  Also take into account he's a bit of a leader on the park and probably off it.  So it's another big hole to fill.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggott, Pasha, Cheston and Silvester all there

Who knows what is going on. LT doesn't  say he is deffo going. Says they are still in talks but he might be going elsewhere. Hedging his bets Sharpe there. 

here is the story for you to see what you think

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1131320758?-11198:839

Used condom salesmen.

Some put the trash out FFS.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davulsukur said:

If Lenihan is leaving that's a big blow for us. Gets some stick but overall he's a solid defender and doesn't spend the winter in the treatment room like some.

Best hope Carter is up to it.

It's a shame we've not got a fee for him.

For mine he's a very limited defender - in a vacuum it's not a bad loss. Obviously it depends on whether we replace him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Easily ?

Don't talk crap and although i'm a fan of Nyambe i'd say Lenihen is better at his job.  Also take into account he's a bit of a leader on the park and probably off it.  So it's another big hole to fill.

Not crap though is it. Lenihan is a bog standard championship defender which are ten a penny. We’ll see which player goes on to have the better career won’t we.. (hint: it won’t be Lenihan)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Not crap though is it. Lenihan is a bog standard championship defender which are ten a penny. We’ll see which player goes on to have the better career won’t we.. (hint: it won’t be Lenihan)

he is a bog standard Champ defender but look how long it took us to wait for one like him.

Ayala is better but about 25% as reliable as was costing double.

If you want to take a bet on the last one then ok i'm in.  I don't think neither will tear any trees up but i can see Lenihen in the Prem first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

They are both average to half decent mid table second division footballers and should be replaceable.

However, this is 2022 venkys owned Blackburn Rovers. If both went, you can 100% gaurentee that whoever replaces them won't be as good.

Ash Phillips will eventually be as good, if not better than Lenihan. I would be more worried about losing Phillips. Our problem would be who do we get to fill in, in the meantime ? We have Ayala, Carter and Wharton, I think the most important question is how does the new manager want to set up the defence. 

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

They are both average to half decent mid table second division footballers and should be replaceable.

However, this is 2022 venkys owned Blackburn Rovers. If both went, you can 100% gaurentee that whoever replaces them won't be as good.

That is the problem. There are better centre halves then Lenihan. For me he’s still making the same mistakes he was making years ago. Still easily drawn to the ball and away from his man. Not my idea of a good captain, he only got the job because of seniority in my opinion. The trouble is we’ll probably recruit somebody worse as Mark says.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That is the problem. There are better centre halves then Lenihan. For me he’s still making the same mistakes he was making years ago. Still easily drawn to the ball and away from his man. Not my idea of a good captain, he only got the job because of seniority in my opinion. The trouble is we’ll probably recruit somebody worse as Mark says.

I heard on bbc sport gossip, that Blackburn Rovers are interested in Unsworth.

12 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I heard on bbc sport gossip, that Blackburn Rovers are interested in Unsworth.

Judging by your comments in the other thread, you seem to think Ferguson and Unsworth are still playing. Tyrone, who you quoted, was talking about our imminent gap at CB. David Unsworth has got nothing to do with that unless he has cloned a younger version of himself.