BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

11 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

You’re wrong his offer was comparative but wasn’t guaranteed game time 

He was offered a small rise, wanted a bit more, stalemate for a while then in popped a silly offer as i said.

Rovers could have tied him up way before that somewhere in the middle, that's how it rolls.

He wasn't worth 8k a week to us but maybe a bit more than 1.5.....

Edited by tomphil

On 22/05/2022 at 00:17, KyleBRFC said:

https://twitter.com/TheFLZone/status/1527903647459332097?s=20&t=Zzh1QAw2l1kz8Y47gzzRYA

Am I missing something here? not seen much but heard hes a very good player and if so we should really be looking at him

He is so good that his club aren't even taking up their one year option. I would steer clear, we don't need passengers.

Don't think there's much harm in keeping Butterworth around it's up to the lad himself now. Needs to apply himself 110% every chance he gets there's been flashes in there but he needs to earn his money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Absolutely zero point in discussing players until we have a Manager on board. We can't even look to tie Lenihan or Nyambe down until he's in situ. Any links at this stage, unless to youth players, just are not accurate.

Well, not necessarily the case that they're not accurate. Mowbray did say the recruitment team would still look at targets. We need to have scout reports ready for the new man. I just can't see the trigger being pulled on anyone of any significant outlay until a manager is in. And of course he could come along and dismiss the whole list of suggestions out of hand.

Chaddy will be delighted anyway, seems to mention Brittain or Styles every couple of weeks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, neophox said:

From Derby I would look at Tom Lawrence, Jason Knight or Max Bird as good additions.

Lawrence and his family are not something I'd want around Rovers again. That's all I'll say. 

• Like 2

Always thought he was a handy player to have around Tom Lawrence but i remember hearing at the time there was a bit of the old billy big bollocks going on.

It was under Bowyers tenure though were a lot of players were taking the piss and always on it.