BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Brittain and Gallagher both got injuries in training too, as did Scott Wharton. Didn't Hedges miss the Sheff Utd game with a muscular injury done in training?

Like I posted, I do not know all of them. But what I do know is that it is far too many.

Enjoying the interviews so far, GB looks a very competent director. 
Actions speak louder than words however and the more important reason for positivity is the forward thinking evident in successfully signing up out best young talents to long / very long contracts. This seems from the outside to be a drastic improvement on the previous regime and long may it continue.

• Like 5

Broughton or Jdt don't have magic wands that can sort every issue the club has in months.

Over time they will want to bring their own people in.Quite rightly Broughton Is taking his time and having a good look at all departments before decisions are made.I don't want  another 5 year journey but It will take a bit of time before they can fully put their stamp on the club.

The few signings we made and the tieing down of Buckley, Phillips and most importantly A Wharton are positive signs.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, rigger said:

I don't know exactly, but Carter, Ayala, Markandy spring to mind. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Brittain and Gallagher both got injuries in training too, as did Scott Wharton. Didn't Hedges miss the Sheff Utd game with a muscular injury done in training?

Are these injuries all soft tissue injuries as was the point rigger was saying? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we don't know the full exact why and what happens with most. JDT doesn't give great detail. 

We have a very good performance director. His CV is good and rated highly by others

What exactly are you getting at here? It's all really odd, you're asking questions and following up the responses with 'but we don't know'... so what was the point in the question? 

• Like 3

I've watched the 3 videos and having done so am reminded of why I was so enthused by him when he was first unveiled. 

I think he has a very natural demeanour, and displays a confidence when he talks of knowing what he wants to achieve and how that can be reached. But he does so without arrogance or exaggeration and quite humbly. He talks about things from the fans perspective, understanding the desire for success but not wavering from the need for that to be sustainable.

He also doesn't shirk questions, answers them straight & without hesitancy. I'm really impressed.

Of course actions speak louder than words. I've no way of knowing whether what he says in the vids (re the owners, Waggott, the transfer window prep, Hirst being JDT's no 1 striker target etc) are true, but that said everything he says makes sense. They have replaced the 6 key players lost, promoted from within, and crucially (for long term sustainability) protected the club's investments by agreeing new deals with Buckley, Wharton, Phillips, Barnes et al. He explicitly states we should be looking 2-3 years ahead on that front and build accordingly.

All the initial signs are he is doing what he said he wouldn the summer. He seemed a breath of fresh air when he joined & imo so far is following through on that, so all credit to him so far, long may that continue.

• Like 3

On 25/09/2022 at 03:30, chaddyrovers said:

Markanday hasn't be selected for the 18-man match day squad and he hasn't been on injured. 

Any thoughts on why Chaddy, what's your opinion on it?  To me he has looked good enough.

To add my tuppence worth GB should be given a pat in the back for getting Ash and Adam signed up.  I was convinced we would lose one or both so kudos to GB and probably so.e for JDT as it sounds kike the manager is a good positive influence for these kids.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we don't know the full exact why and what happens with most. JDT doesn't give great detail. 

We have a very good performance director. His CV is good and rated highly by others

OK then, they are all soft tissue injuries that we don't know the extent of.

We don't know whose fault it is, or what is causing them. But the problem has to be found and rectified. I don't care who does it. Just get it done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J*B said:

What exactly are you getting at here? It's all really odd, you're asking questions and following up the responses with 'but we don't know'... so what was the point in the question? 

Very much in the honeymoon period, whereby he won't even consider tangible evidence of anything but perfection within the club.

7 hours ago, J*B said:

That was don't the reasons how they were injured was it on the training ground or pick up a slight injury in a game. JDT doesn't give much away that way. 

6 hours ago, rigger said:

OK then, they are all soft tissue injuries that we don't know the extent of.

We don't know whose fault it is, or what is causing them. But the problem has to be found and rectified. I don't care who does it. Just get it done.

I agree with that Rigger

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very much in the honeymoon period, whereby he won't even consider tangible evidence of anything but perfection within the club.

I have never said that anything is perfection at Rovers but I unlike you don't look for problems that aren't they. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Still a lot for a player who didn't make the 18 when we had players back.

It's squad game and no one player has the right to start regardless the fee involve. 

6 hours ago, USABlue said:

Any thoughts on why Chaddy, what's your opinion on it?  To me he has looked good enough.

I thought he would suit how JDT wants to play when JDT joined here, but has we have seen he has preferred Hedges, Dolan or Gallagher there. I can only guess he hasn't impressed as much as the others but hopefully over the coming months he will get his chance and show us what he worth. 

23 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Posh chairman reveals the fee we paid for Szmodics (and it’s not £2.5m)

15D55DDB-C987-4447-A9F8-0F13D90D1347.jpeg

Not 2.5 mill guaranteed. The 'plus add ons' suggests it could still reach that. Still, a relief that it wasn't the full amount guaranteed, he hasn't looked worth 2.5 mill (or 1.8) so far.

48 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

Towards the end of the window, there was an advert up for a Head of European Scouting, saw it on a twitter post.

The deadline for applications was sometime within the first few days of September.

Has anyone seen any update on that?

The guy from lancs live said a preferred candidate had been chosen 

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, islander200 said:

No he said it's unknown when the club will finalize the appointment and going off the article he didn't know who it was 

I'm we've become a wall of silence. Feels more professional somehow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

The guy from lancs live said a preferred candidate had been chosen 

Someone has been chosen for the HoES role, but that's for him to announce/the club to announce when it's time. Think it's a fantastic appointment and hopefully it will be really positive for the club.

They start within the next few weeks.

Edited by JoeH