BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Someone has been chosen for the HoES role, but that's for him to announce/the club to announce when it's time. Think it's a fantastic appointment and hopefully it will be really positive for the club.

They start within the next few weeks.

Nicko, is that you?!

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Someone has been chosen for the HoES role, but that's for him to announce/the club to announce when it's time. Think it's a fantastic appointment and hopefully it will be really positive for the club.

Maybe not the best abbreviation. The positive candidates might be HIV positive 😛

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, JoeH said:

That’s a shame, these hoes ain’t loyal usually….

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

Is it you Joe that Rovers have appoint for the role

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is it you Joe that Rovers have appoint for the role

No, I've left Hearts for a new role in the EFL. Haven't officially started yet but will hopefully be out in open soon.

21 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Not 2.5 mill guaranteed. The 'plus add ons' suggests it could still reach that. Still, a relief that it wasn't the full amount guaranteed, he hasn't looked worth 2.5 mill (or 1.8) so far.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if he gets even on the subs bench. Brereton, Gallagher, Dolan, Dack, Hedges and even Vale ahead of him, and I like the look of Markanday more than him too.

Really odd signing.

Edit - Hirst also ahead! That's mental... Even if we go 4231 and play 4 forwards/attacking mids - and I think we will probably go 343/352 and only play 3 - thats 9 players for those roles.

Edited by joey_big_nose

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good luck to you Joe and hope you bring success to that club 

Unless of course they’re Championship rivals in which case, respectfully, we all hope it goes very wrong! 😅

• Like 5

20 hours ago, JoeH said:

No, I've left Hearts for a new role in the EFL. Haven't officially started yet but will hopefully be out in open soon.

All the best in your new role Joe. It's not something that I really believe in but you are clearly passionate about it and put your point of view across on here really well.

On 01/10/2022 at 08:01, arbitro said:

All the best in your new role Joe. It's not something that I really believe in but you are clearly passionate about it and put your point of view across on here really well.

Thanks very much. @J*Bnot to fear, not a direct rival lol.

The transfer window is not looking like the successful one that many praised Broughton and Tomasson for as it came to a close. Hyam and Brittain improve the side but as I have said before, we were desperate for some experience in central midfield and Morton does not tick that box, we look really short there. Szmodics looks like a player who doesnt come close to improving our first 11 which he has to considering the fee, Hirst surely was not anyones first choice and Mola doesnt make matchday squads.

• Like 1

How are we short in midfield when we got 4 good centre midfielders to play 2 positions in Travis, Morton, Buckley and Adam Wharton? 

Gregg Broughton has said Hirst was our first choice striker target all summer so why don't you believe him and take him at his word? We chased for 6 weeks before we signed him cos of Leicester problems. Hirst and Broughton both confirmed this so what have you got to say this isn't true? 

Mola isn't it and he got injured a couple of weeks ago, so Rovers are building his fitness back up

Szmodics had a decent game last night, almost scored and drop deep when he needed to get the ball. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How are we short in midfield when we got 4 good centre midfielders to play 2 positions in Travis, Morton, Buckley and Adam Wharton? 

Gregg Broughton has said Hirst was our first choice striker target all summer so why don't you believe him and take him at his word? We chased for 6 weeks before we signed him cos of Leicester problems. Hirst and Broughton both confirmed this so what have you got to say this isn't true? 

Mola isn't it and he got injured a couple of weeks ago, so Rovers are building his fitness back up

Szmodics had a decent game last night, almost scored and drop deep when he needed to get the ball. 

Because we lack experience and physicality in there, and for me have regularly struggled this season to control the midfield battle. Buckley has really regressed playing deeper, Morton has underwhelmed and Wharton has dropped back out of the squad.

Just because we have 4 players doesnt mean that we are suitably equipped there. 

And maybe Hirst and Szmodics were first choices, my point was more that they have started poorly in a Rovers shirt. For balance and to avoid you going mad about patience and projects again, Hyam and Brittain have started well.

• Like 3

I thought Szmodics was absolutely terrible last night. We’ve got big problems in midfield because they’re all what I would call ‘new breed’, apart from Travis. They like to play football, dictate play, control the tempo, move between the lines. All the cliches. But history shows that in this league you need someone capable of physically dominating the middle of the pitch. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do believe him that Szmodics and Hirst were top targets, but they've shown nothing so far to suggest why. Peterborough fans were shocked at the reported fee for Szmodics, and I can see why. I hope they prove me wrong and it is early days.

If that's a Szmodics 'decent game' then I dread to see a bad one. He dropped deep when he needed to get the ball? What did he do with it though? 

Hirst looks a strange, strange buy. My Pompey mate wasn't convinced by him in a league below and his brief cameos haven't inspired much confidence. Even the penalty was taken like someone who isn't a goalscorer. He has time to prove us wrong but he doesn't seem like a player who is going to offer much. 

47 minutes ago, J*B said:

But history shows that in this league you need someone capable of physically dominating the middle of the pitch. 

I know a decent midfielder who sits and is very solid, sprays the ball about, his team hardly concede....big strong 6ft 2 ....😕

Edited by Sparks Rover