BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s not ‘cynical’ to understand that sports clubs, businesses, celebrities, politicians, the monarchy, you name it, spin narratives. Basic PR, indeed that’s why said institutions/people employ PR professionals.

Just the way it is, but you are, of course, free to take the word of any public figure at face value. I am also free to always take it with a pinch of salt.

of course, it is cynical not to trust what Gregg Broughton at his word since none of us can say he isn't the truth at all. 

I will always take it at face value unless I have any evidence that says what they are saying isn't true. 

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I trust him to do his best for the club whilst employed here, and part of that employment is engaging in PR with stakeholders. Very simple concept to grasp (well I thought it was).

we are going to have to agree to disagree here. I stand by my viewpoint Matty

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not sure what I’ve said there that can be disagreed with. I.e Businesses and public bodies employ PR, but ok.

For me, you are over complicating it all with this PR stuff instead of listening to him talk about Football issues and how the transfer window went for our great club Blackburn Rovers under him for his first 3 months and we should take him at his word. if you disagree fine by me

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Hes using the usual platitudes.  Its football talk. Football hierarchy are like politicians they say one thing in public but the truth stays behind closed doors

Of course, I judge people at this football club on results/actions, not words to an in-house video. Just like you judge a politician on their results or the CEO of your company on theirs, not whatever puff piece they put on your company’s intranet. We’ve had a decade of a lot of hot air here and not a lot of results.

And so by that same barometer, GB’s results/actions have been pretty good so far and that’s all that matters.

• Like 5

Part 3 of Gregg Broughton interview on RoversTV

Videos | rovers.co.uk

Here is brief outline what is said in the third interview.

Gregg Broughton says it vital for Rovers to have an academy going forward. He says our catchment area is massive area for talent players and gives credit for the staff for producing them but also youth recruitment staff for finding these young players and signing them here. Says we haven't reached our potential by any reach of. Says Category 1 status is vital for us. Opportunity for young players to play in our first team and developing them here is our unique selling point to young players. Contract management for players is vital including our young players. Says we got to look 2 or 3 years ahead in terms of contract management. 

From all three parts of the interview, Gregg Broughton was open and honest in his interview and with all his comments. I would say I think overall he has been good appointment and finally we now have a proper Director of Football/head coach structure. 

I think Greggs communication so far has been some of the best pieces of communication in thr last 10yrs, if not longer.

He come across as enthusiastic, clear, articulates a plan and also quite honest with where we are and the future opportunities.

I really enjoyed his interviews and can't fault him for what he said so far, it's going to take time, apart from Guardiola types, no one is guaranteed success, so just like in all our jobs (where we are not perfect) we should back a good horse until it becomes a bad one (worse than the par for the course).

• Like 3

He said he wasn't speaking in the window and he didn't, he said he'd speak after it closed and he has so he's broken a trait of lies and ignorance already in this ownership era.

He kept his word, that's rare around Rovers so fair play to him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

? I'm confused. How do you know he's been completely open and honest?

I would spin it around and say how you know he wasn't? 

Watch the interviews, he fully explains things and how the process works for transfers which some people didn't understand or know how it works between him and JDT. He was open about 5 players out of 6 signings where players were tried to sign in early July. Shows that we have targets we wanted. Explained what happened with Van Der Berg. 

Having watched all 3 parts of the interview with GB, quite enjoyed it. Probably the most insight behind the scenes in a long time. Some "political speak" but also quite a lot of open and honest answers as well. Said the transfer window was his steepest learning curve of his career. Also said the Ash Phillips contract negotiations was probably the toughest he's been involved in. All in all gave the impression that there is a lot more coherent plan and structure for the club from direct contact to the owners, transfers, the role of the academy and contract handling. 

Might be lip service, but refreshing to hear a sensible approach being communicated in these areas. An improvement in itself from the club.

• Like 6

• Backroom

Finally listened to the GB interviews and really enjoyed them.

Taking at face value that they basically 'started afresh' from his appointment, then we've had a very reasonable transfer window.

He said something about it being two parts of his remit out of 6, and now the other 4 need attention until the next window. Wonder what they are?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Taking at face value that they basically 'started afresh' from his appointment, then we've had a very reasonable transfer window.

He said something about it being two parts of his remit out of 6, and now the other 4 need attention until the next window. Wonder what they are?

He named them when he first took over, I’ll try and find it. 
“The first-team, athletic performance, medical, recruitment, analysis, and the Academy and my job is to sit at the centre of that and to ensure that it’s working smoothly at the same point.“

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mike E said:

The other 4 are: athletic performance, the medical side, analysis and the Academy.

In his first interview back in June he said his remit is to ensure that 6 parts are running smoothly. Two of those were part of this window I.e first team and recruitment.

Edited by SuperBrfc
Just seen Butty's post saying the same
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

The other 4 are: athletic performance, the medical side, analysis and the Academy.

In his first interview back in June he said his remit is to ensure that 6 parts are running smoothly. Two of those were part of this window I.e first team and recruitment.

The amount of soft tissue injuries our players get, especially in training, would mean that the first one is urgent.