BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Hmm, not sure. I know Chicago Fire where told the fee was 3.5m up front, they offered it and it was accepted. Why would 3.5M be accepted if Bournemouth had offered potentially 6M?

That’s what Joe Rothwells Dad said 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He’ll blame Venkys for not sanctioning Bournemouth’s £6m bid for Joe Rothwell for our drop off. He had two players lined up with the money. Venkys pulled the plug.

His signings, by and large, have been shit, so I don't see how he can argue that two new players would have strengthened us.

I highly, highly doubt WBA are that stupid, but I'll take anything to get Mowbray and his mates out of this club. I'm crossing everything that you're right. 

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

His signings, by and large, have been shit, so I don't see how he can argue that two new players would have strengthened us.

I highly, highly doubt WBA are that stupid, but I'll take anything to get Mowbray and his mates out of this club. I'm crossing everything that you're right. 

I think you’d be surprised how high Mowbrays stock is outside of our fanbase.

• Like 3

At the time I didn’t want anyone out to disrupt the freak set of results we were having. But the way Rothwell has played since he’s clearly spat his dummy out about not moving and clearly not trying. Piss poor for a man probably on 500k to a million a year 

Just now, matt83 said:

At the time I didn’t want anyone out to disrupt the freak set of results we were having. But the way Rothwell has played since he’s clearly spat his dummy out about not moving and clearly not trying. Piss poor for a man probably on 500k to a million a year 

Prob Closer to £500k but Bournemouth offer is 4x what Rovers are offering 👍🏼

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Prob Closer to £500k but Bournemouth offer is 4x what Rovers are offering 👍🏼

Even if it was £30k a year the manner in which he’s played since is a disgrace but when he’s on that sort of money shows what sort of character he is just to down tools

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He’ll blame Venkys for not sanctioning Bournemouth’s £6m bid for Joe Rothwell for our drop off. He had two players lined up with the money. Venkys pulled the plug.

If he does that he risks annoying them, and that would put his job at risk, (if he plans on staying).

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If it’s any higher than ‘middle of the road plodder unable to improve teams past mid table’ then yes I’d be surprised. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I have absolutely no idea however two things are at the back of my mind - he has got a contract offer in place and that is why he is off to India to finalise it and why he said three weeks ago pre season plans were all formalised including friendlies and the like OR he is leaving and us only going to India to discuss this season and explain how he has fucked up the biggest chance of promotion ! His contract doesn’t end until June hence his visit - let’s hope it’s his last as a Rovers employee

If he was leaving, it would make no sense to take the effort to fly all the way to India to "explain" himself. Not to Venkys, not to him, especially when he is apparently thinking towards a pre-season elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Fairly open. 

Why has nobody at all aside from yourself mentioned it anywhere though, not even that he has "something" lined up never mind specifically with West Brom? From where (not an individual, but what type of "source") is this from?

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Untrue. A mixed bag, certainly not "shit."

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I lived in West Midlands for several years, our neighbours were massive baggies fans, they have a box at the Hawthorns. 

He tells me this is pre-contract is nonsense, but he’d swap Bruce for Mowbray in a heartbeat. 

36 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Haha - it’s water off a ducks back. I do know that they’re confident that the WBA job is sorted. So much so that ‘Veno’ is telling the out of contract lads (DL, JR & RN) not to sign any deals elsewhere because they’ll be able to offer them all a contract! 👀

If true that's despicable.

Also I'll add to that... Poor WBA.

No doubt TM will work his socks off to get results there, then get bored just before Christmas and spend the rest of the season phoning it in whilst passively blaming the young boys at the club.

If any of our players are stupid enough to follow Mowbray anywhere then they are as daft as he is.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

I lived in West Midlands for several years, our neighbours were massive baggies fans, they have a box at the Hawthorns. 

He tells me this is pre-contract is nonsense, but he’d swap Bruce for Mowbray in a heartbeat. 

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=24314

Looks like some would welcome him back and some have common sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes, he’s going to WBA.

How long has this deal been agree for?

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

If so it could partially explain his lacklustre attitude and weekly displays of stupidity. And if it’s true allowing him to continue is hugely negligent and a conflict of interest.

agreed with you Duncan. 

The club should have Mowbray and Venus on gardening leave asap soon they lined up their WBA move

52 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

any idea who the 2 players were? 

47 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Haha - it’s water off a ducks back. I do know that they’re confident that the WBA job is sorted. So much so that ‘Veno’ is telling the out of contract lads (DL, JR & RN) not to sign any deals elsewhere because they’ll be able to offer them all a contract! 👀

Im also absolutely CONVINCED that TM is keeping Dack fresh so he can come in for him in the summer - this bit is just my opinion. 

if Venus is then thats is shocking and unacceptable. 

43 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s what Joe Rothwells Dad said 🤷🏽‍♂️

is that where all this info has come from? another poster mention Rothwell's dad was the source of his info?

I think I may refrain from getting too worked up about far-fetched rumours of our manager and assistant trying to coax our imminently out of contract players into signing with their supposed new team next season.

11 minutes ago, booth said:

If true that's despicable.

Also I'll add to that... Poor WBA.

No doubt TM will work his socks off to get results there, then get bored just before Christmas and spend the rest of the season phoning it in whilst passively blaming the young boys at the club.

If any of our players are stupid enough to follow Mowbray anywhere then they are as daft as he is.

Do you genuinely believe that Mowbray stops trying once he gets bored at Christmas?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How long has this deal been agree for?

agreed with you Duncan. 

The club should have Mowbray and Venus on gardening leave asap soon they lined up their WBA move

any idea who the 2 players were? 

if Venus is then thats is shocking and unacceptable. 

is that where all this info has come from? another poster mention Rothwell's dad was the source of his info?

I don’t think the deal has been signed but verbally agreed.

Venus advising them not to sign shocked me too…it’s an absolute disgrace.

Yes, all from Rothwells dad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

he has got a contract offer in place and that is why he is off to India to finalise it

well Mowbray has repeatedly told the media that no contract talks have taken place over a new contract. 

Plus he hasn't gone to India yet so lets wait and see on that

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think the deal has been signed but verbally agreed.

Venus advising them not to sign shocked me too…it’s an absolute disgrace.

Yes, all from Rothwells dad.

well Rothwell's dad has zero reason to lie to Rovers supporters 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well Rothwell's dad has zero reason to lie to Rovers supporters 

Wait… what? Of course he does, not least to protect his sons reputation. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Can’t wait for March when he’s telling them all it’s not 2008 anymore 🤣

“Things have changed since we got promoted and relegated for 4 seasons straight, the fans need to understand that.”

• Like 2