BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

Bye Bye .. Tony .. Bye Bye 👏👏

Question now is, is who the next manager is going to be? I wouldn’t be surprised if Venkys dont even know Mowbrays contract is about to expire 

Edited by pomster
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Surely Venus going on gardening leave otherwise it'll be another 'shoe in' appointment.

More backroom medical staff leaving ?   What's the turnover in that dept i wonder, time was not that long ago we had one of the best medical set ups outside of top clubs.

The Venky axe has put paid to that as well.

Given the number of players we’ve had missing this season I didn’t know we had a medical staff.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chris, are you really serious about retaining Venus in ANY capacity?!  IMO, the man brings feck all to the party. 

Mercer where I have said I want Mark Venus to stay? blimey, try reading posts properly firstly but what I want is clarity from the club over the next appointment and what the plan is going forward. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Given the number of players we’ve had missing this season I didn’t know we had a medical staff.

very over the top reaction there Tyrone. 

Andrew Proctor is the head of medical services here and is set for Newcastle I believe 

12 minutes ago, briansol said:

Thought Mowbray carried himself very well in this interview. Decent bloke, wish him well for the future.

Just hope that they at least has someone lined up, but you can see up limping into the summer without a plan and staff.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-leaving-tony-mowbray-23834189

From what he said there more waffle.  Young team. Need guidance.  Development bla bla.  Hes just saying these words to venkys in the hope they read this and offer him a new contract as he keeps talking about developing players and selling them on. Right up there alley. Hes a shyster not decent 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

From what he said there more waffle.  Young team. Need guidance.  Development bla bla.  Hes just saying these words to venkys in the hope they read this and offer him a new contract as he keeps talking about developing players and selling them on. Right up there alley. Hes a shyster not decent 

Personally I don't think he does want to stay here. I think he can tell the worm has turned with the fans, and he's lamenting his commute. I reckon he is just trying to look as good as he can on his way out for any potential next employer, preferably in the North East.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Personally I don't think he does want to stay here. I think he can tell the worm has turned with the fans, and he's lamenting his commute. I reckon he is just trying to look as good as he can on his way out for any potential next employer, preferably in the North East.

I'll be fascinated if he gets a job elsewhere, just to see if he takes his bonkers decisions with him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

well he is`nt getting any work from middlesboro,sunderland or newcastle,that just leaves darlington,hartlepool,whitley bay or berwick,thats more his level tbh😅

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Lancs Live Rovers reporter said that Andrew Proctor is off to Newcastle in post match facebook chat. Others are off to Man City woman and Red Bull Leipzig. These are all promotions for them. 

Surely, surely, you didn't just describe Man City's women's team as a promotion from Blackburn Rovers men's team!?!?

• Like 7

I honestly think we may look back at this period as our only period of stability.

Thank you Tony for five years of progress imo- on and off the pitch. Bought us a lot of good players and developed loads of others.

i am in no doubt that he had to go but the manner is poor and he deserved better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

well he is`nt getting any work from middlesboro,sunderland or newcastle,that just leaves darlington,hartlepool,whitley bay or berwick,thats more his level tbh😅

I could see Sunderland if they don't win the playoffs. Not sure on their managerial situation mind, but it wouldn't surprise me for them to go for someone who got promoted from that league a few years ago with another team who didn't belong in it.

There's also Hull. Most teams in Yorkshire would be closer to home for him than here too. And a lot can change in a year (he might take time out first, especially if nobody is daft enough to want him right now).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray sucked the life out of me,especially in the championship,how many times have you walked up livesey branch road or got back on the coach shaking your head at yet another limp performance,can you imagine working for him and seeing him every day,the players must be glad to be shut of him

Me too, I’m sick to the pit of my stomach knowing that when we go behind that’s game over, that if any team scores in the last 5 minutes of a game it’ll be our opponents and not us. Sick of when we might have got a 2-0 lead and there’s ten minutes to go mentally accepting a draw because we aren’t good enough to play out a game.

We’ve had years of this and nothing has changed.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Yep really not a fan of Mowbray at all and want him to go but the management above him is utterly dysfunctional. As Berg said, what self-respecting manager would come to Blackburn Rovers?

Then he took the job.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not long ago I was seeing tweets and comments about how Venkys had learned and how there was now a structure at the Club and normality.

Then we see the frankly scandalous situation with Mowbray and know that this was all just wishful thinking.

I'm far from a fan of Mowbray. I don't particularly like the bloke, admittedly I don't know him but I don't really like his comments or his excuses, and I don't think he's a particularly good manager. Steady, solid, safe but little more.

But the events of the last few weeks in particular since the Preston game show these owners and this club up for what they really are - classless, clueless, incompetent, rudderless and a disgrace.

To allow a seemingly departing manager to have to answer these questions on his own future, with no comment at all from our owners, CEO or anyone in any position of power is appalling.

A quick look at QPR shows how it can be done properly. A simple press release on the Club website, gracious, professional and unambiguous. Presumably such a task is beyond our CEO.

Even if we were in the market for a half decent manager it won't go unnoticed that this is a club that goes about its business in a shoddy and unprofessional way.

Mowbray needs a change as does the Club but I'm disgusted by the way this has been handled. Anyone there - owners or so-called executives on the payroll should be ashamed of themselves. They can't even get their house in order and deal with a departure with a shred of decency what hope do we have of recruiting a decent replacement?

There is the crux of the matter, how we are viewed from outside

.Dyche,Carvalhal, Farke, would never work for such a dysfunctional set-up.

Waggot has no gravitas, the owners treat us like a financial incumbance.

3 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Of course Berg said it after he left.

He said it the Summer before he arrived. That's why there were news reports at the time stating he was taking the job, despite criticising the owners.