BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I can never say never but I feel very strong in my mind that it's not a conversation where they say 'Tony will you stay?' and I say 'yes because you're asking'. There are lots of things that need to change. I want to give myself a chance to compete in the Premier League with a club that has the finances, the backing, the support and everything around it to compete in this league at the top and be disappointed if you don't get out of the division.

What dream world does he live in where he thinks hes good enough for a Premiership job? 

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Is there anything they could say that would change your mind?

I can never say never but I feel very strong in my mind that it's not a conversation where they say 'Tony will you stay?' and I say 'yes because you're asking'. There are lots of things that need to change. I want to give myself a chance to compete in the Premier League with a club that has the finances, the backing, the support and everything around it to compete in this league at the top and be disappointed if you don't get out of the division.

: "Nothing is going to change my mind, it is too far down the line. That was my last game today for this football club. If the owners phone then I will thank them for the opportunity they gave me and that will be that."

Well that's all clear then🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

What gets me is he speaks as if it’s new to him.

“I don’t think Steve makes the decisions”

Is that new to you Tony? You’ve been here 5 years. We all know that, why don’t you?

Exactly this. 

He's been more than happy to draw a huge salary for the last 5 and a bit seasons without a murmur of dissent. If the situation was that intolerable, why didn't he pipe up or just walk out?

The owners have stood by him over the years when most would have sacked him due to poor results and now he thinks finally he might not be getting a new deal he's sticking the boot in and making the job sound less attractive to the next manager.

"If I can't have the job I'll make sure no-one else wants it."

At a properly run Club he'd have been removed out of the fray well before now and thereby prevented from commenting on anything like this. However maybe Waggott is also brassed off that he might be leaving and said "Say what you want Tony, no skin off my nose".

Pair of absolute charlatans. Good riddance to both of them hopefully.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

I can never say never but I feel very strong in my mind that it's not a conversation where they say 'Tony will you stay?' and I say 'yes because you're asking'. There are lots of things that need to change. I want to give myself a chance to compete in the Premier League with a club that has the finances, the backing, the support and everything around it to compete in this league at the top and be disappointed if you don't get out of the division.

What dream world does he live in where he thinks hes good enough for a Premiership job? 

I think he's saying that he wants a club who want promotion and have the cash to back that.

He's out fishing again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think he's saying that he wants a club who want promotion and have the cash to back that.

He's out fishing again.

Doesn’t every manager?

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He's out fishing again.

I agree what I meant was that he's good enough to test himself in the premiership if by some miracle he gets someone promoted 

13 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Is there anything they could say that would change your mind?

I can never say never but I feel very strong in my mind that it's not a conversation where they say 'Tony will you stay?' and I say 'yes because you're asking'. There are lots of things that need to change. I want to give myself a chance to compete in the Premier League with a club that has the finances, the backing, the support and everything around it to compete in this league at the top and be disappointed if you don't get out of the division.

So basically, if Venkys pick up the phone, ring him and offer him a decent transfer budget, he'll stay.

• Like 3

Just now, roverandout said:

I agree what I meant was that he's good enough to test himself in the premiership if by some miracle he gets someone promoted 

Yes. The last thing he wants is to be exposed for a dud in the PL.

Today's win just makes our league position a bit better, achieved against a poor team who also played a lot of youth and backup players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He's out fishing again.

A bit rich coming from someone who by his own admission had the blessing to go out and bolster a squad that was 2nd in the league and managed to come out of the January window and not even make the play-offs.

He's been backed more than multiple managers before him and is outperformed season after season by teams with worse pull and resources. Shut up and get gone.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

A bit rich coming from someone who by his own admission had the blessing to go out and bolster a squad that was 2nd in the league and managed to come out of the January window and not even make the play-offs.

He's been backed more than multiple managers before him and is outperformed season after season by teams with worse pull and resources. Shut up and get gone.

This is the man who said he told the Vs not to go all out for a second promotion after we got up from L1.

And To TM: STFU and GO

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Well hopefully his words dispels the myth, that you can believe anything thats said at Ewood.

Cosy jobs, cosy paypackets, zero influence, and in place due to the football leagues tick box exercise of having to have registered UK directors.

Anyone who gives them an ounce of their time really needs to shake their head. Parasites sucking cash into their banks, and if possible making a quick bob or two on the side

Meanwhile thousands of miles away the loons in pune, couldnt give two hoots, never have and never will.

The removal of Venkys is when this pain stops and the club can rebuild, until then, we can debate until the cows come home, but it wont change the basket case our club has become.

I dont disagree 

but weren't you saying the other day that Farke is a great appointment and marks a shift in their thinking. If Farke is such a great appointment, surely he would not come without assurances about budget etc.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Well hopefully his words dispels the myth, that you can believe anything thats said at Ewood.

Cosy jobs, cosy paypackets, zero influence, and in place due to the football leagues tick box exercise of having to have registered UK directors.

Anyone who gives them an ounce of their time really needs to shake their head. Parasites sucking cash into their banks, and if possible making a quick bob or two on the side

Meanwhile thousands of miles away the loons in pune, couldnt give two hoots, never have and never will.

The removal of Venkys is when this pain stops and the club can rebuild, until then, we can debate until the cows come home, but it wont change the basket case our club has become.

It's becoming increasingly hard to disagree with any of that but is your comment about the V's not giving two hoots not completely at odds with your post the other day about them being determined to bring Farke in and being disappointed that Mowbray's departure had not been announced by those who they pay to do such things?

Edit: beaten to it by DD above who was obviously thinking similar.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's becoming increasingly hard to disagree with any of that but is your comment about the V's not giving two hoots not completely at odds with your post the other day about them being determined to bring Farke in and being disappointed that Mowbray's departure had not been announced by those who they pay to do such things?

Edit: beaten to it by DD above who was obviously thinking similar.

To be clear, my opinion on the owners has not changed in 12 years.

I want them out, a don't see a world where they will come good, They have destroyed the club I know.

Parking the above to one side and putting my supporter hat on regarding the here and now.

I think Farke be a great appointment and its their 1st choice, but as I've said previously, its a giant plaster over the greater picture of all that is wrong.

They don't give two hoots, them getting flack, something they have not had for some time and because of the giant throne they put themselves on, means in their eyes that their employed minions have not done their job correctly.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, DingleDestroyer said:

I dont disagree 

but weren't you saying the other day that Farke is a great appointment and marks a shift in their thinking. If Farke is such a great appointment, surely he would not come without assurances about budget etc.

Please don't mix up my opinions as a rovers supporter, to things I may post which i've heard.

First and foremost, i'm a supporter no different to you or anyone else.

I may post some things i've heard, but that is not an endorsement that I agree with everything i've heard

38 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He's out fishing again.

What?

Not Hartlepool or a club close to home?

Its all a big game, no doubt with his SEM (oops HSH) Agent pulling the strings.

• Like 1

So he wants to compete at the top end for promotion ?

Er....wasn't that what he was doing here until he oversaw the complete blowing of it ?

The guy is insufferable he really is.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, roverandout said:

More interesting is what he seems to nearly say outright: how much of a shit show it is behind the scenes. Been there every day for five years and doesn’t know who makes decisions - in what other organization on earth does that happen?

My theory is he is so much of a football nut, and it was a much better gig than he could’ve expected after Coventry, he put up with the shit show because he loves the day to day job. I think the two straws that broke even his back were getting knocked back on selling Rothwell without knowing who decided or why, and then his rather prickly self-esteem not taking to no contract discussions.

My prediction is whoever we get in will not feel like putting up with the Venkys way for long and it’ll be another Lambert, and maybe a few more in quick succession.

Venkys out.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He's out fishing again.

Then why did he turn down cash for a slow build ?

Hes quoted somewhere saying he had to calm the owners down with the spending along them lines anyway

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Please don't mix up my opinions as a rovers supporter, to things I may post which i've heard.

First and foremost, i'm a supporter no different to you or anyone else.

I may post some things i've heard, but that is not an endorsement that I agree with everything i've heard

So to summarise, does that mean you're back pedalling at a rate of knots on your assertion that Farke could be coming in?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So he wants to compete at the top end for promotion ?

Er....wasn't that what he was doing here until he oversaw the complete blowing of it ?

The guy is insufferable he really is.

Nailed it.

"I decided not to bring another striker in - that's not the way we play".

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

I'm made up in my mind to you can never say never. U can tell the slimey git is angling for a new contract.  

If I was a neutral and it wasn't my Club Mowbray was hoping to **** up for another 3-5 years I could almost admire the way he's running rings round Venky's.

The other day it was "I'll listen to what they have to say."

Now it's "Never say never but I don't think anything could get me to change my mind."

I.e. my price is going up all the time.

• Like 3