BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

8 minutes ago, deanives said:

Read this morning on here that it seemed like Ferguson was favourite to be coming and all chaos surrounding that, work ensued, football tonight so not had chance to keep up, a million pages later and it's now shifted to Farke? 

Can anyone sum up todays rumours for me please so I don't have trail back through pages

Thanks in advance!

DF...

Duncan or Daniel 😬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silas said:

So, two teams that have an average attendance of around 2,800, and the rumour is they're offering about triple in pay what we do.

Absolute joke. Forget everyone being mad about Newcastle and their dirty oil money, this is surely a real issue too. Particularly for clubs at Champ level. 

Ridiculous that we can't compete financially with the miniscule UAE league. 

They are cash rich there are many clubs that can get nowhere near them salary wise!

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

Sorry! Skybet gifted out their free £5 bets today 

Do you have to do something to earn those? I haven't got one as far as I can see (assuming they show on notifications) but then again this is my first login since October haha

Just now, bluebruce said:

Do you have to do something to earn those? I haven't got one as far as I can see (assuming they show on notifications) but then again this is my first login since October haha

Opt in on the offers and stake at least £20 a  week I think 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silas said:

So, two teams that have an average attendance of around 2,800, and the rumour is they're offering about triple in pay what we do.

Absolute joke. Forget everyone being mad about Newcastle and their dirty oil money, this is surely a real issue too. Particularly for clubs at Champ level. 

Ridiculous that we can't compete financially with the miniscule UAE league. 

Al Ahli are owned by a multi billionaire.

Crowd size is a non issue, so are wages as they could pay 100x us and not bat an eyelid.

Attractive to mercenaries and football is full of those.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

I believe its no more than £5k,

Contracts etc, go through extra scrutiny following the Berg fiasco.

Request for money, are usually signed off with the relevant business case.

As in, they can't solo sign off on anything worth more than 5k? Even those youth contracts would be worth more than 5k in total each though?

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As in, they can't solo sign off on anything worth more than 5k? Even those youth contracts would be worth more than 5k in total each though?

Didn't someone say it was the Youth team budget they were signed from.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

They footed a £2.5 million pay off for 40 something days service for Berg

They've paid countless players, Managers, agents, former employees off.

Not sure what it all adds up to, but many contracts have cost them a fortune.

Nothing of any merit gets sanctioned without approval, its why everything takes an age.

In the Karen silk days we were having to ask for premier league money, parachute payments etc just to pay bills as money was too slow in getting approved.

Youth players, are not big money, and I suspect we have a budget allocated for them

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 3

• Backroom
2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

If I refresh the page, it just pops back up immediately on the new page. It also slows down the scrolling considerably for me. Very irritating and I've just closed the site for a few hours a few times due to it.

Sorry, can't be of much more help to you. Works for me on Samsung Galaxy.

Think I maybe close the bottom page advert straight after I've refreshed. Don't know if that has an effect, just an automatic routine thing now. 

The big ones haven't been a bother since I started doing that. But I guess every appliance may differ. 

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

Sorry, can't be of much more help to you. Works for me on Samsung Galaxy.

Think I maybe close the bottom page advert straight after I've refreshed. Don't know if that has an effect, just an automatic routine thing now. 

The big ones haven't been a bother since I started doing that. But I guess every appliance may differ. 

I have a Galaxy as well. It might be the app, maybe it doesn't do a full refresh and only puts up the new data or something. Either way it's obnoxious. I get that the site needs funding, but could we not just have those ads I'm sure we used to have that appear inbetween people's posts occasionally and you can just scroll past them?

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I have a Galaxy as well. It might be the app, maybe it doesn't do a full refresh and only puts up the new data or something. Either way it's obnoxious. I get that the site needs funding, but could we not just have those ads I'm sure we used to have that appear inbetween people's posts occasionally and you can just scroll past them?

We don’t control the ads - you get what you get. It’s either ads and revenue or no ads and no revenue. There’s no middle ground. Unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I've got a Galaxy S21 and I've got all the same problems. Horrendous. There's one ad that just won't close and another where you try and navigate to the x to close it without hitting the privacy or settings icon, invariably without success, then you have to plough through the cookies options.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, unleaded said:

A Director wants to be a coach !! Why are Waggot & Etc even entertaining these kinds of people ….. 

Think unleaded ought to be the new DOF. Speaks more sense than nearly everyone on this m/ board and a hell of a lot more than Waggott I'd imagine.

👍

3 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

So at last Farke meets with Swaggott,

Its my understanding that this will not need a further chat with V's as their chat occurred prior, there must have been some guarantees put on the table for him to agree the second chat.

So if this goes Pete Tong now, the blame firmly lies at Swaggott and Suhails door.

I know all these names coming out and alledged interviews, job offers, new favourite, extended shortlist has been exhausting to read.

However this is playing out exactiy as I was told, i've had to put up with the 2 or 3 posters constantly giving me grief for sticking with the same line, but i seriously heard nothing to the contrary to sway me from changing my stance.

If this does indeed get over the line, i sincerely hope it puts to bed the tripe we read which is is put out from Ewood.

They dont make the decisions, can sign off literally nothing, and there is another tier of advisors beyond Ewood who act as the further buffer to the Raos.

All this "a new dawn is coming, we know something you dont know, which has littered these boards since before last season", none has come to fruition.

The manager walked, the players were not signed, the ground is still a shit tip, the season ticket prices lack imagination, and the puppets at Ewood are on borrowed time.

I think you're contradicting yourself somewhat with that post. If "the puppets at Ewood are on borrowed time" that can only be a good thing can't it?

Furthermore if we do somehow by some miracle end up with Farke that would be one monumental upgrade on the last incumbent and signs of a potential " new dawn" wouldn't it.

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The new dawn if it happens has zero to do with anything which has been said on here previously.

This new dawn we've all been waiting for has not materialised.

The fact that talks with Farke occurred before Ewood got a sniff, points to a massive change in direction, which have certainly not materialised with Swaggott at the wheel, 

All the things we've been reading on here are the lip service from the corridors of ewood.

If and its a big if, there is a boardroom clear out, do you think this was what was promised?

Glen, do you know who this tier of advisors consists of? The ones outside of Ewood.

Not asking for names or anything like that.

If the external advisor/s are suggesting Farke then that can only be a good thing. Particularly when compared with previous concerns that most of us have had.

Just now, SuperBrfc said:

Glen, do you know who this tier of advisors consists of? The ones outside of Ewood.

Not asking for names or anything like that.

If the external advisor/s are suggesting Farke then that can only be a good thing. Particularly when compared with previous concerns that most of us have had.

They have a trusted circle not agent related, i won't elaborate anymore on that, I probably say more than I should as it is, and dont want to break trust lines

• Like 6