BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

29 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

managers have to start somewhere,no one knows how he`ll pan out,if big duncan does get the job,just get behind him please,time to get on his back if we are in the bottom three by november

True, and of course I hope it will be inspired if they do come. I'm naturally risk averse so I'd rather he starts elsewhere and then comes on board with more experience. I'd rather go for a manager like Farke, Wagner or Cavahall who have a track record in doing well at this level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

CFBC1F29-4738-43F6-A8B4-647D2946CE0C.png

Fingers crossed that this "leading head hunting agency" is actually a reputable and respected one unlike the useless vile, self serving scum they've hired in the past. 

The fact that they've reportedly had an individual lined up for the job for a while now without his/her name being leaked worries me that it's just some useless tit that's been hiding in plain site. 

Sucks about Farke, but as long as thats the standard of manger that they hold out for then there's still a little hope, but if after all this time they just roll out some desperate dross like Duncan Ferguson, woodgate etc... Then I won't be buying that season tkt that I was planning on getting this coming season

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I think the snobbery around Ainsworth’s presumed playing style is really unfair. Personally, the last thing I want is somebody continuing Mowbray’s journey, trying to get us playing like a shit tribute to Liverpool, or possession valued above goals, no risks taken, and players trying to be made into something they aren’t.

Ainsworth has got more than the sum of its parts out of that Wycombe team for years. Be interesting to see what he could do with some better parts. He might not subscribe to the way football is apparently supposed to be played these days, but I think that’s a good thing. We would need a complete squad overhaul for the long ball game to be an option, so I think there are more reasons to be hopeful than fearful with Ainsworth.

Did not realize Ainsworth has been at Wycombe 10 years, quite a journey, huh oh.  Tony's only took 5.

4 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Farke confirmed to BM. 

Waggott still enjoying his bank holiday weekend. 

Current odds, for anyone that cares:

Drunken Duncan: 1/3

Blackburn Gaz: 9/1

‘Not a manager’ Michael Carrick: 16/1

‘Panic stations! Just promote someone’ Damien Johnson: 18/1

Paul ‘who?’ Warne: 18/1

Simon ‘used to play for us’ Grayson: 22/1

• Like 4

About Ainsworth's playing style, I don't care if it does the job. I'd rather a manager can see what type of players they have and get them doing jobs they are able to do than make silly tactical choices because they want to emulate Pep Guardiola with players out of position and less skilled.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

managers have to start somewhere,no one knows how he`ll pan out,if big duncan does get the job,just get behind him please,time to get on his back if we are in the bottom three by november

Moaning on here doesnt equate to a lack of backing at Ewood, but surely this is hypocritical considering your posts about Mowbray?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Ask yourselves, do you believe Gareth Ainsworth will get this club promoted to the Premiership? Or any other manager we're being linked with for that matter?

The ambition has to be promotion, otherwise sacking Mowbray was pointless.

One thing's for certain though, we would never EVER have got promoted under Mowbray and he'd already outstayed his welcome by three and a half seasons.

So for me his departure is a blessed relief, irrespective of what happens next.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t wait until Farke does an interview saying he nearly joined an English team, but they went silent on him from 3pm on Wednesday.

Because they just wanted to be seen to be doing something but were never remotely serious.

Meanwhile 'but we can't compete with the likes of....'

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Steve Walsh, sounds familiar in such a role but I don't remember which club(s) he worked at.

Steve worked at Chelsea, Leicester and Everton. I know him well…currently doing consultancy in US ..he’s a very knowledgeable bloke , knows a player …..Kante , Mahrez etc . Was worshipped at Leicester , worked closely with the management pre Ranieri and with Ranieri  but not too well thought of at Everton ! !
He would bring a wonderful skill  set to Ewood , lives locally…..we can only dream .

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Moaning on here doesnt equate to a lack of backing at Ewood, but surely this is hypocritical considering your posts about Mowbray?

i was`nt against mowbray from the start tbh,only in his second season back in the championship did i start to see he was only here to top up his pension,some of the displays and his tactical moves where frankly lame,

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

If I had known the best other option was Duncan Ferguson I wouldn’t have been complaining about Mowbray for the past 3 years. 

It'd be a blessed relief if they hired Duncan Ferguson - it'd signal to any fan still hanging on that they've given up being run as an actual football club. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

If I had known the best other option was Duncan Ferguson I wouldn’t have been complaining about Mowbray for the past 3 years. 

Same I’d have been on the Mowbray in forever bus 😂😂🤮

• Like 2