BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

you had a drinky poo or 2 this evening.

I Don’t drink. I just think he’s our guy! I want a manager with passion and I’m sick of the soft underbelly of that squad…

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I Don’t drink. I just think he’s our guy! I want a manager with passion and I’m sick of the soft underbelly of that squad…

How do you know ferguson is a task master, Ferguson’ a on-field persona of what 20 years ago. If he was such a class coach he would have had an effect on an underachieving everton 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PeteJD13 said:

How do you know ferguson is a task master, Ferguson’ a on-field persona of what 20 years ago. If he was such a class coach he would have had an effect on an underachieving everton 

I just can’t seeing being anything other than 💯disciplined. The answer is, I don’t know…but of all the options I’ve seen, I’d do a deal for Dunc!

• Like 1

Worrying thing his mate Myers said about he'd need to bring a tactical coach in with him,

So basically he knows fook all about championship football and neither does Unsworth. Yes they both know about young higher level players but you need more than that.  Working with our bibs and cones boys won't be the answer so what is, pure hope ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

You boys can rhyme as many off as you like…I’d take every one of those recommendations over yours!

Theres a million reasons why some work out and some don’t but I’d rather Carlo be making the decision than Waggot!

I think you'd have been satisfied (or at least pretend to be) by any single manager that was eventually appointed.  

Many, many assistant managers would come highly rated by their former bosses. Brian Kidd, Paul Clement... Even Steve fucking Kean was hugely rated by Chris Coleman. 

Ultimately, there's nothing to suggest Ferguson is a good manager at Championship level... He might be, he might not be.  Fact is we've been told for weeks we're seeking experience at this level. If they appoint Ferguson it's an instantaneous dumbing down of aims and expectations. In fact, it would stink of absolute failure and panic. Another risk by owners and their stooges who haven't got a clue.

Your premature and over zealous reaction to this makes me think you'd portray this delight even if Mowbray was reappointed. No one could be this delighted with a totally unambitious and risky appointment. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 8

Where has this Carlo phoning Waggott story come from?

If from Waggott alone and without being verified by a reputable party I would err on the side of caution.

That is much more polite that saying Waggott is a lying shithead.

I would not be against Ferguson but I'm in the almost anybody camp by now, bar a Grayson and Dunn duo.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Where has this Carlo phoning Waggott story come from?

If from Waggott alone and without being verified by a reputable party I would err on the side of caution.

That is much more polite that saying Waggott is a lying shithead.

I would not be against Ferguson but I'm in the almost anybody camp by now, bar a Grayson and Dunn duo.

It happened as sure as tomorrow's Monday.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It happened as sure as tomorrow's Monday.

I'm in Mallorca at the moment so thankfully tomorrow is Tuesday. Might have been tempted to believe your latest attempt at ITK'ing otherwise. 

Throw enough shit, some sticks. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Butty said:

Paul Warne into 3/1 on SkyBet. Someone’s sticking some money on him. 

One I wouldn't be totally against. Done brilliantly at Rotherham. Spent NOTHING there yet constantly over achieves. Hasn't managed to keep them in the Champ which is his only blot in an otherwise impressive tenure. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

One I wouldn't be totally against. Done brilliantly at Rotherham. Spent NOTHING there yet constantly over achieves. Hasn't managed to keep them in the Champ which is his only blot in an otherwise impressive tenure. 

On a par with Ainsworth then, who many seem not to want. I would back either personally, but particularly the passion Ainsworth would bring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

I'm in Mallorca at the moment so thankfully tomorrow is Tuesday. Might have been tempted to believe your latest attempt at ITK'ing otherwise. 

Throw enough shit, some sticks. 

From Sharpe in LT - like Nicko, two weeks AFTER Ancelotti's phone call and my posting about 'heavyweight' backing for Ferguson:

"Ancelotti, winner of four Champions League and domestic titles in four countries, contacted the club to put forward his backing for Ferguson who is the bookmakers favourite to land the Ewood Park job".

If you don't like what I post then just put me on ignore.

When we had Ancelotti on the phone, did anyone think to offer him any position he wanted here?  Director of football?  Manager?  He either hates Ducan or thinks it’s a good job. If it’s the latter he should take it. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

I think you'd have been satisfied (or at least pretend to be) by any single manager that was eventually appointed.  

Many, many assistant managers would come highly rated by their former bosses. Brian Kidd, Paul Clement... Even Steve fucking Kean was hugely rated by Chris Coleman. 

Ultimately, there's nothing to suggest Ferguson is a good manager at Championship level... He might be, he might not be.  Fact is we've been told for weeks we're seeking experience at this level. If they appoint Ferguson it's an instantaneous dumbing down of aims and expectations. In fact, it would stink of absolute failure and panic. Another risk by owners and their stooges who haven't got a clue.

Your premature and over zealous reaction to this makes me think you'd portray this delight even if Mowbray was reappointed. No one could be this delighted with a totally unambitious and risky appointment. 

No, I’ve employed a lot of people in my time (Pronably more than Waggot). Many many times I’ve been in the dark during the process and yet  it’s rarely taken over 4 weeks and what I’ve learned is to keep it simple because  people in general are complex.

There can be no guarantees who will be successful because there are so many variables. Cooper had shown nothing at Swansea to suggest he’d take Chris Hughtons (Serial Champ winner) Forest up. Scott Parker has many blotches on his CV, as does Silva who looks clueless every time we see him in the Prem. Alternatively, Jokanovic starting the season at Sheff United looked absolutely nailed on as a top manager appointment whilst Farke has as many failings as successes on his CV and Carvalhal (the ‘other’ chosen one is apparently much the whore and will go anywhere for an extra bob or two…he also has ZERO championship promotions.

So, whilst I respect your opinion, I have no idea who has promised you / us an ‘experienced’ man. We had one of those in the previous incumbent, which didn’t work out.

For me, I’d want to see a full process followed of application, cv review, first and second interviews etc - but should one of my final candidates be personally recommended by a managerial God like Carlo Ancelotti, that would create a huge sway in my mind on top of the knowledge I’d gained. Especially if the candidate had impressed me.

Theres nothing over zealous or premature about a 4wk+ process. None of us are privy to the full information but I hate inertia and am prepared to tip quicker than most.

So yeah, if Carlo is backing Big Dunc, I’d be open to giving him a chance over wheeling out yet another ‘safe pair of hands’ and boring the shit out of everyone! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Butty said:

Good manager - deserves a chance like Aunsworrh. I’d be ok with giving either of these or big Dunc a go! 

For perspective - Skybet still have Carvalhal listed, Farke was still there yesterday too. Not exactly the most reactive bookie out there, the odds will automatically alter as soon as a few fivers go down.

That said, I wouldn't be against Warne.

7 hours ago, Butty said:

7 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

What an absolutely underwhelming appointment after all this waiting though... 

Brilliant and impressive? He's still green. 

25 minutes ago, Tricky said:

What an absolutely underwhelming appointment after all this waiting though... 

Brilliant and impressive? He's still green. 

300 games managing in L1/Champ. It's more experience than most being mentioned.  His time at Rotherham has certainly been impressive, particularly after a quick look on TransferMarkt seems to suggest he's spent the square root of F. A. 

Having said all this, he never seems to get mentioned as a candidate for Champ jobs, so maybe I'm missing something