BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Your arguement started with, that we will miss the pace of Rothwell and Khadra. Therefore we had pace with those players. We are a team that had pace and weren't successful.

What's your point? I was clear that pace alone isn't the only thing that matters, and I clearly explained why missing pace in a team is a problem. I've been over my points fairly rigorously and I'm just not sure you've been reading them.

Side note, we finished 8th, it was our joint best season since relegation. We ballsed up crossing the finish line, but overall it was as successful as we've been for a decade. We were at our best when our defence was really solid and we were punishing teams on the break. With our pace.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I have my doubts Chaddy. I’ll tell you why. Putting his coaching background to one side. Has he ever lived in this country ? Have you ever worked away from home and family for any length or time ? I have and it’s hard, really hard. Only guys who never wanted to get married in the first place enjoy working away. I’ve known a few of those but mainly guys find it hard. Living out of a hotel room is crap, even if it’s a good hotel.

That’s just one of the reasons why I’d rather have somebody who’s managed in England previously.

Yes he played for Newcastle United in the 90's when King Kenny Dalglish was manager was there. Also he played in Germany, Italy, Holland and Spain during his playing career. 

Also when he managed at Malmo, his wife and 2 kids stay in Holland whilst he worked there. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Ok so when you said 'vast experience of that market' shortly after mentioning 'different parts of Europe', the market you referred to was just Norway.

He has vast knowledge of the English game and I'm sure he will know some knowledge of the European market. He looks a very good appointment on the face of it. 

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

All assumptions, and not really relevant. My point was (again) that I was hoping for a successor to Mowbray that had a proven track record, the likes of Farke, Carvalhal, Dyche, Jokanovic and Wagner all fit this remit, they would all have been ambitious appointments IMO capable of pushing us forward.

You also repeatedly called for a manager like Farke or Carvalhal with a proven track record,

All relevant to be honest

Yes I wanted Farke and Carvalhal but neither are coming here. Can't blame Farke has he got a very good job at Gladbach. Carvalhal seems to have demands above what Rovers was willing to offer sadly. 

Dyche was never coming here. simple as. Not sure either Jokanovic and Wagner were ever interested in the Rovers head coach job. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

so what would excite you about the potential Tomasson appointment, and what has caused that change in expectation?

I said its interesting option cos we gone for different type of head coach and looking for someone different instead of going for a safe option like Mark Warburton or Chris Hughton which we could have approach if we wanted them. Tomasson has won 2 leagues titles at Malmo and he has international coaching experience with being number 2 with Denmark.  

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What's your point? I was clear that pace alone isn't the only thing that matters, and I clearly explained why missing pace in a team is a problem. I've been over my points fairly rigorously and I'm just not sure you've been reading them.

Side note, we finished 8th, it was our joint best season since relegation. We ballsed up crossing the finish line, but overall it was as successful as we've been for a decade. We were at our best when our defence was really solid and we were punishing teams on the break. With our pace.

On a side note, joint best season since we were relegated, is not a very high bar. It is not good enough for Blackburn Rovers. We have just gone through one of the worst half seasons I have witnessed in my 50+ years of watching the Rovers.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he played for Newcastle United in the 90's when King Kenny Dalglish was manager was there. Also he played in Germany, Italy, Holland and Spain during his playing career. 

Also when he managed at Malmo, his wife and 2 kids stay in Holland whilst he worked there. 

He has vast knowledge of the English game and I'm sure he will know some knowledge of the European market. He looks a very good appointment on the face of it. 

All relevant to be honest

Yes I wanted Farke and Carvalhal but neither are coming here. Can't blame Farke has he got a very good job at Gladbach. Carvalhal seems to have demands above what Rovers was willing to offer sadly. 

Dyche was never coming here. simple as. Not sure either Jokanovic and Wagner were ever interested in the Rovers head coach job. 

I said its interesting option cos we gone for different type of head coach and looking for someone different instead of going for a safe option like Mark Warburton or Chris Hughton which we could have approach if we wanted them. Tomasson has won 2 leagues titles at Malmo and he has international coaching experience with being number 2 with Denmark.  

But would you agree that going into the search hoping for/calling for a proven manager and ending up potentially (although it wouldnt surprise me if there was a new favourite tomorrow) with someone with such limited experience with only success in minor countries is not what you wanted at the start?

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Just don’t get good vibes about JDT. Based on nothing but what I’ve read in here I just don’t feel it would be the right appointment after Mowbray. It does look like it’s going to be him though so it’s get behind the lads and go again and hope for the best

Same to be honest.

I'll back him for sure but I just get this feeling he's going to struggle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But would you agree that going into the search hoping for/calling for a proven manager and ending up potentially with someone with such limited experience with only success in minor countries is not what you wanted at the start?

Daniel Farke, Thomas Frank and David Wagner had very limited amount of experience as a head coach before leading their clubs to promotion. 

If they feel Jon Dahl Tomasson is right fit for the head coach role here then appoint him and made an announcement on it

38 minutes ago, rigger said:

On a side note, joint best season since we were relegated, is not a very high bar. It is not good enough for Blackburn Rovers. We have just gone through one of the worst half seasons I have witnessed in my 50+ years of watching the Rovers.

Wasn’t the previous season even worse ? 🤔

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Daniel Farke, Thomas Frank and David Wagner had very limited amount of experience as a head coach before leading their clubs to promotion. 

If they feel Jon Dahl Tomasson is right fit for the head coach role here then appoint him and made an announcement on it

As ever, you are being particularly difficult to ensure that your view mirrors that of the club.

Of course there can be merit in employing a manager with minimal experience and I have not suggested that it definitely will be a bad idea or a failure by any means.

My point was that you like myself seemingly wanted someone with a proven track record a month or 2 ago, so I was merely asking whether you still stood by that assertion. All you have done is characteristically wriggled out of giving a direct answer. My personal opinion is that I stand by wanting that sort of manager and I would be underwhelmed if we went for more of a novice.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, rigger said:

Agreed, absolutely. It's still as successful as we have been in this horrendous Venkys reign though, and it took that abysmal second half of the season, largely the fault of dire management and a little bad luck with player availability to it up. Most managers would have been able to get us across the line to reach the playoffs at least.

We have had one similarly bad collapse, last season when we pissed about with a going-nowhere possession style and finished even lower. I do believe the right manager could make that approach, with some alterations, work. But I also think we lack the right personnel to be truly effective with it. If the new manager wants to go back to that, the new recruits will have to be very good at it to compensate. Only Buckley and Dack are up to it from our current crop I'd say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why is your natural instinct to merely tell people "to go to Ewood themselves" rather than divulging specifics as to what you have learnt that makes what many of us say to be totally the wrong impression?

Because your views are misguided 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why is your natural instinct to merely tell people "to go to Ewood themselves" rather than divulging specifics as to what you have learnt that makes what many of us say to be totally the wrong impression?

It’s simple you are relying on nothing but  speculation where there is no foundation 

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As ever, you are being particularly difficult to ensure that your view mirrors that of the club.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course there can be merit in employing a manager with minimal experience and I have not suggested that it definitely will be a bad idea or a failure by any means.

My point was that you like myself seemingly wanted someone with a proven track record a month or 2 ago, so I was merely asking whether you still stood by that assertion. All you have done is characteristically wriggled out of giving a direct answer. My personal opinion is that I stand by wanting that sort of manager and I would be underwhelmed if we went for more of a novice.

Not at all the case but trying to more open minded and adapt my view point when the 2 head coaches I wanted went elsewhere

I wanted Farke or Carvalhal, neither are coming here and gone elsewhere. After that I not sure who I wanted who fitted that criteria. Wagner's post Huddersfield spells aren't great and Jokanovic at Sheffield United wasn't the best. So after that I'm not sure who I want tbh. I mention Xisco Munoz cos of his experience at Watford but he has limited experience to be fair. I would rather go for someone like JDT or Xisco Munoz then someone who is past the best and we seen several names mention on here

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Because your views are misguided 

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s simple you are relying on nothing but  speculation where there is no foundation 

You keep staying stuff like this to people in a patronising manner without ever going into specifics of how they are wrong. 

• Like 9

So has anyone genuinely got a clue who the last interviewees were this week ?

Lots of doom and gloom about who we supposedly missed out on , but really if there sticking with an interview process, we haven't missed out, as there not in the process. 

That's the way I see ' guess ' it anyway