BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

More shit-stirring gobshite clickbait from the Nearly Dimmer. Is their 'football lead' a Dingle, or what?

Until there is a statement from the Club, or JDT himself, those Twaterati can fook off. End of.

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Does that reassure you that all is well?

Rovers should have rebuff this story first thing this morning. Rovers would have been fully aware of this story since last night. I think the story is BS for the reasons I have posted earlier and Rovers' communications need to be much better here. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers should have rebuff this story first thing this morning. Rovers would have been fully aware of this story since last night. I think the story is BS for the reasons I have posted earlier and Rovers' communications need to be much better here. 

Based on the statement to Andy Bayes, I don't think they can rebuff the story. Their quote is 'fully expect him to be at Brockhall tomorrow" - that means they've not had anything official through to say that he won't be, not that they can guarantee it.

I can guarantee members of my staff will be at work tomorrow because I have no reason to doubt it. They do.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Danishfan said:

When are Rovers training tomorrow? I have a busy schedule following both JDT/Rovers and Jonas Vingegård 😄

Jonas isn’t off the ramp until 16:00 (UK time) tomorrow so you’ve plenty of time to focus on JDT first 😀 

Edited by wilsdenrover
Corrected start time

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That response is not particularly convincing is it? "We expect him to turn up for work" Is all Rovers can say?

Have they actually discussed these reports with him? Seems ominous to me.

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

That response is not particularly convincing is it? "We expect him to turn up for work" Is all Rovers can say?

Have they actually discussed these reports with him? Seems ominous to me.

This story doesn't add up when you look at everything it mentioned. 

I had a feeling of optimism and relief when I heard that both Broughton and JDT were going to India this summer. The first face-to-face meet with those that really matter. I hoped this would re-engage the important people and secure JDT some transfer cash as it did Mowbray.

Unsurprisingly yet concerningly that meeting did not happen. I find this alarming. Why were they expecting to go, why did it not happen? If it makes no difference to budgets etc then why arrange it and commit time and money to such a trip?

It's been brushed under the carpet since, I'm yet to see any explanation as to why it didn't happen.

Anyhow, at the very least it suggests a rather chaotic way of operating.

I think the talk about FFP and Indian tax affairs to be red herrings. Ultimately the only way of getting cash from India is to go out there and state a case for it face to face.

JDT and Broughton know this. This is why they hoped to do it this summer and probably why JDT was willing to stick at it. The cancellation of the meeting and the lack of funding that inevitably follows will not only make his job almost impossible, likely forcing sales just to generate any chance of funds, but also delivering a message to JDT as to where he and Rovers are on their priority list to still be waiting for a meeting after more than 12 months.

He's probably wondering why he bothers at a club that stinks of indifference and incompetence from the top down. I know I'm asking myself why I bother

The kit fiasco and Austria travel mayhem just the latest nonsense.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I had a feeling of optimism and relief when I heard that both Broughton and JDT were going to India this summer. The first face-to-face meet with those that really matter. I hoped this would re-engage the important people and secure JDT some transfer cash as it did Mowbray.

Unsurprisingly yet concerningly that meeting did not happen. I find this alarming. Why were they expecting to go, why did it not happen? If it makes no difference to budgets etc then why arrange it and commit time and money to such a trip?

It's been brushed under the carpet since, I'm yet to see any explanation as to why it didn't happen.

The owners can't fund the transfer fund anymore it has been to be self generated by the club by selling players and buying new players with the cash. 

Anyhow, at the very least it suggests a rather chaotic way of operating.

I think the talk about FFP and Indian tax affairs to be red herrings. Ultimately the only way of getting cash from India is to go out there and state a case for it face to face.

The tax isn't anything massive in Venkys case and barely an extra million to them. Not going to affect them massively

JDT and Broughton know this. This is why they hoped to do it this summer and probably why JDT was willing to stick at it. The cancellation of the meeting and the lack of funding that inevitably follows will not only make his job almost impossible, likely forcing sales just to generate any chance of funds, but also delivering a message to JDT as to where he and Rovers are on their priority list to still be waiting for a meeting after more than 12 months.

He's probably wondering why he bothers at a club that stinks of indifference and incompetence from the top down. I know I'm asking myself why I bother

The kit fiasco and Austria travel mayhem just the latest nonsense.

what kit fiasco? 

Austria travel mayhem? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The owners can't fund the transfer fund anymore it has been to be self generated by the club by selling players and buying new players with the cash. 

The tax isn't anything massive in Venkys case and barely an extra million to them. Not going to affect them massively

what kit fiasco? 

Austria travel mayhem? 

The kit fiasco where we run out of stock and have none to sell before Xmas each year. Where we have limited stock of a few hundred to sell and the rest simply get to pre-order for a later date. Same applies for training gear.

Austria travel mayhem having players sat stuck at Frankfurt Airport in the middle of the night after playing in tough conditions 15 hours earlier.

Maybe one day you'll actually use the eyes, ears and brain you were given and reach your own informed conclusions rather than just swallow the company line each and every time without question. Just because the club want you to believe a certain narrative doesn't make it correct.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The kit fiasco where we run out of stock and have none to sell before Xmas each year. Where we have limited stock of a few hundred to sell and the rest simply get to pre-order for a later date. Same applies for training gear.

Rovers have ordered more shirts this summer so instead of focusing on the past actually look at the present. Yes Rovers got some intital kit sent by air freight to sale for the launch similar to the away kit unveil this week with new stock coming in shortly which I know cos I have ordered one and I expect here before the Girona game. 

Austria travel mayhem having players sat stuck at Frankfurt Airport in the middle of the night after playing in tough conditions 15 hours earlier.

yes I believe they were but without actually knowing why the delay actually happened and full detail I don't tend to have to such a fore right viewpoint. Do you know the actually reasons why the delay was? maybe post them then? 

Maybe one day you'll actually use the eyes, ears and brain you were given and reach your own informed conclusions rather than just swallow the company line each and every time without question. Just because the club want you to believe a certain narrative doesn't make it correct.

Maybe one day you done some proper research and reach your own conclusions. I looked into the Mirror story and very quickly thought it was BS. A number of points it reported didn't add up one bit. 

FFP is a real thing and you still don't understand it. Did you not speak JDT and GB out in Austria since you went there? Maybe you could have ask GB why the club needs to self generated it own funds this summer? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know nothing about cycling. It all seems totally over complicated to me. I love watching the highlights though, it’s fascinating. However the fans are a pain in the backside.

The problem fans are the ones who think we want to watch them and not the race.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have ordered more shirts this summer so instead of focusing on the past actually look at the present. Yes Rovers got some intital kit sent by air freight to sale for the launch similar to the away kit unveil this week with new stock coming in shortly which I know cos I have ordered one and I expect here before the Girona game. 

So the club has got stock orders wrong in previous seasons then? You’ve changed your tune, how odd…

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know nothing about cycling. It all seems totally over complicated to me. I love watching the highlights though, it’s fascinating. However the fans are a pain in the backside.

It’s like any sport Tyrone, you just need to spend a little time understanding the basics. Once you grasphow the timings work in road racing you’re more than halfway. And you need to recognise that it’s a team game even though it’s an individual that wins.

Im afraid I will be missing the West Brom game as I’ll be up in Glasgow for the cycling World Championships booked ages ago. It’s the world’s biggest ever cycling event.

• Like 1