BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Either it is as bad as we think… so he’ll be off soon enough. Or it does quickly resolve itself (until the next crisis) but his public comments will have presumably put the noses of the execs and owners (and their conduits) out of joint… so he’ll be off soon enough.

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Either it is as bad as we think… so he’ll be off soon enough. Or it does quickly resolve itself (until the next crisis) but his public comments will have presumably put the noses of the execs and owners (and their conduits) out of joint… so he’ll be off soon enough.

I have missed these comments by JDT, what were they ?

What I take from that is JDT is not happy with the situation, but never says he is leaving. Why would he leave a well paid prestigious job, for unemployment ? Some people liken JDTs position to Lamberts, look what happened to Lambert after he left us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

What I take from that is JDT is not happy with the situation, but never says he is leaving. Why would he leave a well paid prestigious job, for unemployment ? Some people liken JDTs position to Lamberts, look what happened to Lambert after he left us.

Pride.

He has been misled as was Lambert. I think most principled people (and Tomasson seems to be one) would be seriously considering their futures.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Pride.

He has been misled as was Lambert. I think most principled people (and Tomasson seems to be one) would be seriously considering their futures.

I would think JDT considers his future to be at, what he thinks of as, a bigger club than the Rovers. He will not attain that by leaving us for unemployment. Until a club comes in for him, I think JDT will be at The Rovers.

Edited by rigger

48 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would think JDT considers his future to be at, what he thinks of as, a bigger club than the Rovers. He will not attain that by leaving us for unemployment. Until a club comes in for him, I think JDT will be at The Rovers.

He strikes me as being honourable but being misled and going public about it isn't a good sign. His stock is high in the game so I don't believe he would hesitate to resign and spend a period unemployed. In my view he is edging towards his personal tipping point.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He strikes me as being honourable but being misled and going public about it isn't a good sign. His stock is high in the game so I don't believe he would hesitate to resign and spend a period unemployed. In my view he is edging towards his personal tipping point.

It is all opinions, we will have to wait and see what happens.

JDT is just another negative whinger. Been in Blackburn too long. Of course there is money to spend. We will bring in another  6 or7 yet. Of course we are saying we've no money. You dont tell teams what you've got to spend. God, I'm glad JDT isn't doing the negotiating.

GB will have a list of 6 or 7 names strikers we are after. Some for when Raya is sold for over £40million and some for if not. I have every faith in GB as he has proven to be just what we need so far. His constant communication with the fans has been a breath of fresh air.

Why is JDT even talking about the goals Dack scored. He was finished and Szmodics is better. JDT is just unrealistic wanting Venkys to spend even more money even though they spend £20million a year and never fail to sign a cheque. JDT needs to get real. Its not 1995 anymore. He probably thinks a teacake has currants in. He's just a shit Tony Mowbray.

🙄

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

I could draw up a shortlist right now of managers to replace Tomasson. But how many would come here and join the circus? It's pie in the sky despite what Broughton says. Has he already approached these people, will they come, are they currently employed and will we have to pay compensation (lol)? It's another blag from GreggI think. Should it happen my money is on another jobber who has no professional pride, takes and job and puts up with the crap going on around him.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Hasta said:

JDT is just another negative whinger. Been in Blackburn too long. Of course there is money to spend. We will bring in another  6 or7 yet. Of course we are saying we've no money. You dont tell teams what you've got to spend. God, I'm glad JDT isn't doing the negotiating.

GB will have a list of 6 or 7 names strikers we are after. Some for when Raya is sold for over £40million and some for if not. I have every faith in GB as he has proven to be just what we need so far. His constant communication with the fans has been a breath of fresh air.

Why is JDT even talking about the goals Dack scored. He was finished and Szmodics is better. JDT is just unrealistic wanting Venkys to spend even more money even though they spend £20million a year and never fail to sign a check. JDT needs to get real. Its not 1995 anymore. He probably thinks a teacake has currants in.

Hope this is a parody 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

GB has a shortlist already in place as he does for positions within the off the field footballing operations

A shortlist created when we had a "project"

He didn't expect to make up that shortlist and then by year 2 of the project find out we don't have a budget.

If JDT goes it will be another out of job manager who has failed in his last few jobs.

No bright up and coming manager would want to join this circus.

I know the itks say this going to be sorted out etc...but JTD said last night the project has changed,no money etc.If this was going to be sorted out mid August then why would he be saying such things?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

So if he does go, who's on the shortlist to replace him?

Would have to be someone out of work as we've clearly run out of chickens to sell.

If GB wasn't sat where he is now, I'm convinced it would be an ex Hibs or ex Boro manager, or somebody who has been linked to either job in recent years. Nothing to do with the clubs themselves, but an agent related pattern.

Garry Monk

Woodgate

Cocu.

I'm expecting to see them linked by the press. Monk probably the favourite, imo, to be next in as Rovers manager. We'll see what, or if anything, has changed should JDT walk.

• Like 1