BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

9 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Kaminski wanted to go and made it clear he wanted to go. They dug their heels in for more money and got some of it. Selling kaminski to a prem team isn't the issue here for me.

Correct.

It's the flismy model of plan B replacing someone as proven as him by just expecting his number 2 to be adequate.

Then paying good money we don't have for another rookie who should've been number 2 to the former number 2 until he was ready but now he's number 1.  And not through impressing in the U21s or in cameo appearances but because the other lad got injured.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

To suggest you can’t stop a player leaving is absolutely ludicrous.

Eh? He's bound by the contract he signed.

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Selling kaminski to a prem team isn't the issue here for me.

Yes-- all we had to do is to find the next "best keeper since Brad" for less money than we got for the previous one. Easy!

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski was sold cos a PL club wanted him who could pay bigger wages and offer him what he want PL football. 

On Wahlstedt, we scouted him for months and he was our first choice to replace Kaminski. Also far too many people are writing him off already. 

The Party Line. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, martonrover said:

I agree that it is difficult to keep a player once a Premier League club becomes interested.

However, we know from previous experience than Venkys can be stubborn b*ggers when they want to be, (which has been more of a hindrance than a help).

It was widely reported at the time that we needed a sale to balance the books.

There were a few possible candidates, but Luton met our valuation, so Kaminski ended up being the one.

as soon as a PL club reaches our valuation they are gone. 

Who was the last player we turned down a bid from PL where the player wanted to go? 

Whether or not Wahlstedt  was our first choice we will never know, but he met the model of trying to “add value “ (sigh).

Wahlstedt was first choice to replace Kaminski as GB said in his post Transfer interview. 

I think the plan was probably to have Pears as first choice for a good while, but you need two decent, oven ready keepers at this level of football.

Being generous, like a few of players who have played for the first team this season, Wahlstedt isn’t ready, should’ve been a work in progress and third choice, at best.

Wahlstedt is 24 years old, Swedish international and was playing regular first team football so isn't he ready? Surely Hilton isn't ready given his lack of first team football or regular football over a number of season but people are serious thinking of playing him? 

Wahlstedt has made a number of good quality saves but has made a few mistakes. He is learning about the Championship and I think will turn out to be a good signing overall. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

No one is living in the past, don’t be so patronising.

no one is patronising but living the real world where someone offered you a promotion or working at better company and wage increase you turn it down or stay loyal to your current employer 

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

and that is the big worry!

We scouted him for months and no one saw the chinks in his armoury!?!?  Feck me, what do our scouts look at!?!?

but we are signing keeper to learn and develop here from a decent one into a good one. We can't buy proven keepers down to wages and fees involved. Look at Friedel when he was Liverpool he made mistakes after mistakes but then we signed him aged 29 and just entering his prime and we got the best of him

As far writing him off too early - my goodness, I would not expect a Northern Premier League keeper to make some of the howlers Leo has made.  I think Pears is 'rank', and I was desperate for Leo to succeed, but Leo takes  'rank' to an even lower level.  IMO, the lad simply hasn't got what it takes to be a good Championship keeper and never will.

keepers all made mistakes. 

As for our recruitment department, based on their recruitment so far, I think they are a crock of sh1te and I'd sack the feckin lot of them along with Broughton.

oh well. I think GB and his recruitment team have done very well since coming in. 

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

As far writing him off too early - my goodness, I would not expect a Northern Premier League keeper to make some of the howlers Leo has made.  I think Pears is 'rank', and I was desperate for Leo to succeed, but Leo takes  'rank' to an even lower level.  IMO, the lad simply hasn't got what it takes to be a good Championship keeper and never will.

As for our recruitment department, based on their recruitment so far, I think they are a crock of sh1te and I'd sack the feckin lot of them along with Broughton.

To be frank you threw out a few lines on Benson a few years back and the ‘know nowts ‘ seized on a new name to pick on.

Benson has turned Pears into a decent keeper, was part of Rayas development and is given 100% credit by Kaminski himself for him playing in the Prem. He’s been a superb coach for this club.

Admit it, You know nothing about recruitment other than walking the dog past the training ground a few times a day.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

Yes Leo is learning about the Championship and hopefully doing a lot of wrist exercises and punchbag routines but the howler on Sat wasn't down to the step up to the Championship.

It was outright shite at any level and that's worrying along with one or two other things, people don't travel miles and spend a load of money to see professional players do that.  

• Like 3

Kaminsky was left out last season when he'd returned to full fitness and after a spell there was justiried questions as to Pears form and why he was still in.

All about passing from the back over keeping it out the net apparently.

In truth the writing was put up on the wall for TK right then and he was clearly being given the 'if you want to go you can go' hints. I'd assume that's when his agents got busy drumming up a bit of interest and once there was some concrete from Luton it was always only a matter of time.

So i'd say it was a bit of a two way street and if he'd come back in and done well he would have stayed unless there were pending contract/wage issues on the horizon.  

There is no denying Rovers were willing rather than reluctant sellers which kind of says everything.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

as soon as a PL club reaches our valuation they are gone. 

Who was the last player we turned down a bid from PL where the player wanted to go? 

Wahlstedt was first choice to replace Kaminski as GB said in his post Transfer interview. 

Wahlstedt is 24 years old, Swedish international and was playing regular first team football so isn't he ready? Surely Hilton isn't ready given his lack of first team football or regular football over a number of season but people are serious thinking of playing him? 

Wahlstedt has made a number of good quality saves but has made a few mistakes. He is learning about the Championship and I think will turn out to be a good signing overall. 

We have turned down offers for players when the logic would’ve been to accept an offer. This has ended up in players walking away at the end of their contracts, and has cost us millions.

We needed a sale, and I have already agreed that it is difficult to keep a player once a Premier League club is interested.

We don’t all take everything said by the likes of Broughton as gospel. I expect you held Paul Senior in similar esteem.

Walhstedt has played one match for Sweden, and on current form that will be his last.

I didn’t even mention Hilton.

Watford’s keeper had an absolute blinder on Saturday, but had he made the mistakes that Wahlstedt did, all those saves would’ve been forgotten.

Good saves do not mitigate for catastrophic errors.

For whatever reason, Wahlstedt hasn’t been reliable and would’ve been dropped at most other Championship clubs.

Granted, the injury to Pears has meant that hasn’t been possible.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You know this how?

Exactly! This has become a mantra now! As far as i know he was perfectly happy here. Never heard any different till the Indian tax fiasco.

Its a cover story. We needed cash so he had to go. The rest, I suspect is made up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I wish my world was as black and white as yours is.

life is simple as you make it. My world is very simple and easy

14 hours ago, martonrover said:

We don’t all take everything said by the likes of Broughton as gospel.

no reason to lie and been open and honest from day 1 of his appointment. People just looking for things that aren't there

14 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

What do you expect him to say that he was really 6th choice but that the other 5 were either too expensive or didn't want to come.

another conspiracy theory 

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Have you ever heard of any club signing a player and saying we only signed him because we couldn't land our preferred targets. 

GB didn't need to say he was our 1st choice to replace TK but he did and we scouted him properly, maybe tell to accept it instead of looking for conspiracy theories that aren't there

Edited by chaddyrovers