BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Gary bowyers football was mind numbing in that last season he was with us

Rhodes and Gestede with Cairney, Conway, Marshall and King around them.

Criminal we didn’t make the playoffs in those few years, regardless of the bad business we did elsewhere. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, rigger said:

Where you entertained at last nights game, I know I wasn't ? If it wasn't in my blood, and the product doesn't improve, I doubt if I would bother with future games.

Not really but it's was typical midweek championship game where performance dips but all about the result. 

We are in the hunt for playoff place? What more do you want? 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Home and away. Home especially I find boring to watch, sometimes even when we  win. This time last year we were in the play-off positions, so I would say that was more exciting than the present situation 

We weren't playing this current style anywhere nearly good enough as this style. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I have never said that it isn't all about results. What I have said is that I am bored with the present football we are playing.

How can you be bored this season? 

We played some really attacking football 

What more do you want? What style wold you want to see to entertain you? 

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

But it probably means that he is an option we will have to try.

At some point, I’m sure JDT will.

Just to clarify, I’m not at all happy with the current state of Blackburn Rovers, and the low crowds and flat atmosphere are demoralising.

I just don’t believe any of the blame should be laid at JDT, because under the circumstances he is doing exceptionally well.

Edited by martonrover

Midweeks are a red herring, so put them to one side.

The standard Saturday home fan turnout  is c12/13k - Coyle season and post Covid aside that’s pretty much how it’s been every Championship season since 2012. The club is in a deep commercial malaise that’s lasted for a decade, it’s especially noticeable in recent years as football booms across the country.

So it’s obviously bugger all to do with the bloke that’s been here less than 18 months.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Midweeks are a red herring, so put them to one side.

The standard Saturday home fan turnout  is c12/13k - Coyle season and post Covid aside that’s pretty much how it’s been every Championship season since 2012. The club is in a deep commercial malaise that’s lasted for a decade, it’s especially noticeable in recent years as football booms across the country.

So it’s obviously bugger all to do with the bloke that’s been here less than 18 months.

I will state again, On Tuesday I found 90% of the game and tactics boring. That is my opinion not an allocation of blame.

And that’s fair enough, we all see a game from our own standpoint.

My response was that a decade of low crowds, particularly for cold midweek red button fixtures, obviously has nothing to do with a fella that only arrived in summer 2022.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

At some point, I’m sure JDT will.

Just to clarify, I’m not at all happy with the current state of Blackburn Rovers, and the low crowds and flat atmosphere are demoralising.

I just don’t believe any of the blame should be laid at JDT, because under the circumstances he is doing exceptionally well.

As many extenuating circumstances as there are, no manager is ever entirely blameless for ‘on the pitch’ matters.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Mowbray, in division one 

Always enjoy a winning team however it comes and no fan even at Rovers isn't going to not enjoy a promotion season.

To be honest though even though we got the job done at a bit of a canter at the end by god we weren't half shite in that season many times.  We just had the depth of squad and quality to get us through it but the football was anything but exciting for 75% of it.

It a team like us is ever going to go up we'll have to do it by biting scratching kicking and screaming and yes sometimes boring our way to the needed points total.

• Like 1

To be totally honest I can't really remember that many games in League One, especially away from home, where we played good stuff, or certainly not good enough to brush aside far weaker teams with relative comfort. In the main when we won games it was getting the job done, admittedly all very important and enjoyable in getting us back up but certainly not in my opinion anywhere near the level of football JDT has served up at times.

First half of the season there were diabolical performances such as Southend and Oldham away, and even when we got our act together after the January window for the run in whilst we were getting the results I wouldn't say the performances were impressive or free flowing. On promotion night at Doncaster we just did enough, but it was the same at MK Dons, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Portsmouth, Walsall and Fleetwood with one goal narrow wins often late on. 

Disappointment at Bristol Rovers, awful at Northampton, Gillingham and Plymouth, on the beach at Charlton, Infact aside from Oxford, Bury and Peterborough away I don't think we really impressed considering the calibre of players at our disposal.

Not that it bothers me because it is a results business and the job got done. Same applies to JDT now. He's clearly decided or has been instructed to coach these players to play a certain way, and I think given the sustained attempts from India to undermine him and make his job even harder he's been forced to take off the handbrake and 'go for it' more this season. 

But I don't think anyone rational can say this squad should be any higher than it is or probably as high as it is, which means JDT is doing a good job. A very good job in my opinion and I fear his departure for what it will likely mean to our league status. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rigger said:

We have no money !

This.

Until JDT says in person he has no intention of leaving I'm a worried Rover,contract or no contract.

Would be sickening to lose him to bloody Stoke but they may just have owners who have ambition and do actually give a fcuk!

Edited by A Northern Horde...

9 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

As many extenuating circumstances as there are, no manager is ever entirely blameless for ‘on the pitch’ matters.

100% agree, and JDT isn't perfect, (no head coach / manager is), but with a flimsy, youthful squad he has us sitting comfortably in the top half of the table.

With someone less able I think we could've easily have found ourselves in relegation trouble.

We want to be in the top six, (preferably the top two), but under these owners, and the goons they appoint to the club's hierarchy, that simply isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

To be totally honest I can't really remember that many games in League One, especially away from home, where we played good stuff, or certainly not good enough to brush aside far weaker teams with relative comfort. In the main when we won games it was getting the job done, admittedly all very important and enjoyable in getting us back up but certainly not in my opinion anywhere near the level of football JDT has served up at times.

First half of the season there were diabolical performances such as Southend and Oldham away, and even when we got our act together after the January window for the run in whilst we were getting the results I wouldn't say the performances were impressive or free flowing. On promotion night at Doncaster we just did enough, but it was the same at MK Dons, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Portsmouth, Walsall and Fleetwood with one goal narrow wins often late on. 

Disappointment at Bristol Rovers, awful at Northampton, Gillingham and Plymouth, on the beach at Charlton, Infact aside from Oxford, Bury and Peterborough away I don't think we really impressed considering the calibre of players at our disposal.

Not that it bothers me because it is a results business and the job got done. Same applies to JDT now. He's clearly decided or has been instructed to coach these players to play a certain way, and I think given the sustained attempts from India to undermine him and make his job even harder he's been forced to take off the handbrake and 'go for it' more this season. 

But I don't think anyone rational can say this squad should be any higher than it is or probably as high as it is, which means JDT is doing a good job. A very good job in my opinion and I fear his departure for what it will likely mean to our league status. 

Nearly all the winning results in the last promotion season were the product of Rovers playing well for about 20 to 30 minutes in the game.  Given the standard of the opposition that was usually enough. We very rarely dominated most of the game.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, superniko said:

Rhodes and Gestede with Cairney, Conway, Marshall and King around them.

Criminal we didn’t make the playoffs in those few years, regardless of the bad business we did elsewhere. 

I still feel sick when I recall the 0-0 with Yeovil at home. We barely laid a glove on them despite the play-offs being firmly within reach.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I still feel sick when I recall the 0-0 with Yeovil at home. We barely laid a glove on them despite the play-offs being firmly within reach.

The 3-3 at Wednesday the previous game hurts me more. We seemed like we were generating a head of steam at that point, we should've got in the top 6 easily with that squad.

As much as I like Bowyer, he's such a good example of why you can't just rely on the talent of your squad to get you out of this league. Near enough every non-parachute team who has managed to get to the prem has done so off the back of picking a style of play and really committing to it. Whether that's Luton being direct or Huddersfield a few years ago. We were so passive and wishy washy under Bowyer, in retrospect we were never going to succeed with him in charge. 

Give me JDT's suicide ball every day. 

• Like 3