BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If or when I changed my opinion I will give a detailed explanation on here.  

Like I said we need a centre back in someone like Leeds Centre bac Charlie Cresswell who isn't playing at Leeds and played at Millwall last season so does have championship. right winger with pace. Maybe some one Like Gordon from Liverpool. on Football website like suggested Blackett-Taylor from Charlton who has 8 goals and 7 assists this season and out of contract in the summer so wouldn't cost millions. Perhaps 300k to 500k. A main striker who can score goals. I wish we had the funds to sign WBA Striker Brandon Thomas-Asante. He didn't cost them alot but he has proven his worth this season.  

Cos I expected a response from the players and JDT. 

when did GB say this? Wasn't it what Elliott Jackson from the LT suggested we needed this window? 

I saw it on Facebook so maybe I misread it or it was misquoted.

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

One problem (and it is only one of many) is a defensive unit made up of Brittain,  Hill, Hyam, Carter, S Wharton, Pickering with Tronstadt and A.Wharton doesnt look that bad on paper. Some will disagree but,  with the possible exception of Adam Whartons defensive ability, there are far worse groups of players in those positions in this league

So why we have conceded the most goals in the league?

Clearly some of it has to be down to defensive coaching and the way set up. JDT cant control the budget but he can control that, and he is failing.

Next game if we are to set up exactly the same, I'd drop Adam Wharton for Garrett.

I've always thought a defensive unit with Brittain, Carter and Pickering was a poor defensive unit on paper and pitch. At a normal club some of their performances last season would have led to one or two of our fullbacks being offloaded.

Brittain has never convinced as a defender and like Pickering is better going forward. I've always thought Pickering is an awful fullback. Carter, like Hyam, is better when he's got someone reliable next to him. Hyam is the best of them but is too quiet to command the area and needs an experienced partner.

S Wharton has never been the same since coming back from injury. He was fantastic prior to that, I thought he was going to be the new Colin Hendry. Sadly he now looks nervy and doesn't seem to be able to react quickly enough. I feel sorry for the lad as he's got talent but seems unable to access it at present.

Adam Wharton shouldn't be playing every game. Too much too soon.

We've conceded the most goals because we have a poor squad. It was unbalanced under Mowbray and now it's been left to rot. We simply can't carry that many misfiring, poor or inexperienced players.

I like JDT and think if he ws given the funds he would get us promoted. 

However this side is a soft touch.  There's absolutely zero fight in them and if we go a goal down its curtains.  I blame JDT wholly for that.  Maybe he's too nice a guy.

Maybe this team needs is a Roy Keane in charge right now.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, booth said:

We've conceded the most goals because we have a poor squad. It was unbalanced under Mowbray and now it's been left to rot. We simply can't carry that many misfiring, poor or inexperienced players.

But we’ve conceded 53% more goals this year than last year, and it’s practically the same defence. Yes our keeper is absolute shite, but we are far, far more porous than last year. In my view it’s partly because the midfield is weaker defensively .

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Players making far too mistakes, players out of form, can't defend simple balls into our box from crosses, set pieces 

and that is down to JDT and his 4 stooges!!!

They pick the players, pick the formation, choose a style of play, do the coaching and motivate, or otherwise, the players.  We are a bigger mess than a Coyle Rovers' eleven or a Jim Iley Rovers' eleven and that's saying something!!!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

They pick the players, pick the formation, choose a style of play do the coaching and motivate, or otherwise, the players.  We are a bigger mess than a Coyle Rovers' eleven or a Jim Iley Rovers' eleven and that's saying something!!!

Didn't take you long to mention Coyle again did it? Coyle was a clown 🤡 simple as. 

It's down to the players to not make mistakes, mark correctly and catch the ball. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

But we’ve conceded 53% more goals this year than last year, and it’s practically the same defence. Yes our keeper is absolute shite, but we are far, far more porous than last year. In my view it’s partly because the midfield is weaker defensively .

The defence wasn't great last year, and this year it's a worse squad with a very poor keeper. Like I said we've been able to carry players like Pickering in the past but now we're having to rely on such players to be our senior presence in the team. It's costing us a lot more than it has in the past.

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

They pick the players, pick the formation, choose a style of play do the coaching and motivate, or otherwise, the players.  We are a bigger mess than a Coyle Rovers' eleven or a Jim Iley Rovers' eleven and that's saying something!!!

The same Owen Coyle eleven that included Raya, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Conway and Danny Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have said who is responsible for Lewis O'Brien failed transfer and it ain't GB. 

JH, you know the reasons for this season budget cut in the wages budget. It has been explained to you several times but time after time you won't/can't accept it. 

The wage budget in the GB/JDT 1st season was the same and they were around 5 million transfer budget but this season at the start of the season, we had the same wage budget but any transfer funds had to be self generated by GB and JDT. Then during the Summer the Indian government tax authorities became a thing and Venkys had to reduce the money they could put into the club so the wage budget was cut by 20% and £4m had to generate to help the club. Each couple of months Venkys had to go their high court to apply for them to sent money over to fund the club for a couple of months

So nothing to do with FFP then. Our travails over the summer and this season caused only by the ownership investigation (that hasn't been explained by anyone in an official capacity).

You make out like this is all transparent and has been explained. Yet all we know is what snippets fans have unearthed online, the owners and club have failed to explain any of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Partly Broughton’s as certain aspects of the contract / process were not understood causing an unnecessary delay from 10pm to 11pm. You just don’t accept this. 

Wasn't Broughton also 'feeding O'Brien' (his words or similar) in Manchester's finest instead of hot footing it back to Brockhall / Ewood to ensure all tickety boo ?!?

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't take you long to mention Coyle again did it? Coyle was a clown 🤡 simple as. 

It's down to the players to not make mistakes, mark correctly and catch the ball. 

Coyle the clown got Burnley promoted to the PL which is more than any clowns have achieved at Rovers since we were last relegated from the PL!

It's down to JDT not to sign or select players who consistently make mistakes, don't mark correctly or can't catch the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coyle was sacked in the February with the club 23rd in the table three points adrift.

A silly comparison but then you’ve always had a bizarre soft spot for ‘Coyley’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

Coyle the clown got Burnley promoted to the PL which is more than any clowns have achieved at Rovers since we were last relegated from the PL!

It's down to JDT not to sign or select players who consistently make mistakes, don't mark correctly or can't catch the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He doesn't sign anyone. He asks for a decent player in a certain position then he's told he's got to pick barrel scraping 1 or barrel scraping 2. I imagine all he can possibly do is "ip dip" and hope for the best.

Or like last January, he asked for a decent striker, got a decent midfielder, then got neither.

• Like 3

Tomasson is regarded as a top coach so here's 2 jobs for him on the training ground before the next game

1. Get his goalkeeper to practice catching / clearing crosses / high balls / long throw-in into the 6-yard box and dominate the box physically instead of being pushed around. Repeat 100 times a day, time after time, until it becomes second nature 

1. Get his defenders to defend properly against crosses / high balls / long throw-in into the penalty area. Repeat 100 times a day, time after time, until it becomes second nature 

Nothing else. We have to stop conceding, soft, sloppy goals 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Players regularly making mistakes always stems from the manager/head coach.

Edited by davulsukur

Just now, davulsukur said:

Players making mistakes always stems from the manager/head coach.

By that logic could you just sign eleven able bodied lads from he pub, get Guardiola in and eventually win the Champions League?

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So nothing to do with FFP then. Our travails over the summer and this season caused only by the ownership investigation (that hasn't been explained by anyone in an official capacity).

You make out like this is all transparent and has been explained. Yet all we know is what snippets fans have unearthed online, the owners and club have failed to explain any of it.

When a newspaper use the term illegal payments being sent over seas by Venky’s with no alleged in there and neither they nor anyone at Rovers respond, you know we are in trouble.

‘Tell me Mr Waggott, if you had to go to court every 3 months to get permission to throw some of your money away, how long do you think you would carry on doing that for?’. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, booth said:

By that logic could you just sign eleven able bodied lads from he pub, get Guardiola in and eventually win the Champions League?

Obviously that's an extreme but at professional level it happens in every league up and down the country. A club, playing poorly with players making mistakes, changes managers and the next guy gets more/better out of what he's got.

We've seen it at Rovers several times Souness > Hughes, Ince > Allardyce, Coyle > Mowbray.

Your example, whilst clearly not being realistic still does keep some of the logic. If you gave the same 11 players to 5 different managers, you'd get varying degrees of results based on their management style/approach. Clearly there would be a limit to what you could achieve.

Edited by davulsukur

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

embarrassing there, showing your true colours here again.  

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

down to the players to do their jobs on the pitch

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Obviously that's an extreme but at professional level it happens in every league up and down the country. A club, playing poorly with players making mistakes, changes managers and the next guy gets more/better out of what he's got.

We've seen it at Rovers several times Souness > Hughes, Ince > Allardyce, Coyle > Mowbray.

Your example, whilst clearly not being realistic still does keep some of the logic. If you gave the same 11 players to 5 different managers, you'd get varying degrees of results based on their management style/approach. Clearly there would be a limit to what you could achieve.

It's an extreme but at the moment so is BRFC.

The club is clearly in turmoil, the taps have been turned off, we're too reliant on kids, have a bizarre transfer policy where we seemingly can't bring in experience, we've no proven strikers to speak of. The CEO has no real power and doesn't seem to want any. Both the head coach and DOF were sold a pup. The DOF is now expected to work with buttons, and when he did have a bit of cash bought us a dud goalie. There's two blokes at the top, Shebby-lites, who haven't a clue about football and are making it up as they go along, or simply saying yes to everything a woman who knows nothing about football says. I don't think there's another manager in Venkys time here that has been given such a shitty hand. And if they are good at anything it's shitty hands.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, Mercer said:

They pick the players, pick the formation, choose a style of play, do the coaching and motivate, or otherwise, the players.  We are a bigger mess than a Coyle Rovers' eleven or a Jim Iley Rovers' eleven and that's saying something!!!

Any danger of one day without the melodrama?

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Any danger of one day without the melodrama?

On 13/01/2024 at 17:44, K-Hod said:

I’m glad we’ve a ten point buffer between us and the bottom three, as we are sleepwalking our way to relegation and I honestly can’t see where our next points are coming from. I’m very concerned, but I’m also completely apathetic towards us at the moment (though not as much as the players clearly are). They’re not fit to wear the shirt and I’m absolutely sick of them, tbf. Even though I’ve got my season ticket, why the fuck should I turn up against Huddersfield on Saturday, when they haven’t turned up for months? The fucking bunch of work shy pricks, earning loads of money living the dream of me and thousands of others.

(Yes, I’m angry and need to simmer down, I’m aware of that).

This you?? 😁😁