BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Any danger of one day without the melodrama?

Melodrama?

Guess you aren't old enough to remember the playing chaos we had under Iley.  You will certainly remember Coyle.  Are you telling me, given some of your recent scathing comments about Rovers, that some of our recent shambles have not been at an Iley/Coyle level or even worse!?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Melodrama?

Guess you aren't old enough to remember the playing chaos we had under Iley.  You will certainly remember Coyle.  Are you telling me, given some of your recent scathing comments about Rovers, that some of our recent shambles have not been at an Iley/Coyle level or even worse!?

Iley before my time unfortunately. 
People have said ‘worst performance I’ve ever seen’, so many times under Venky’s, it’s lost all significance, I’m afraid!

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Melodrama?

Yup

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24049327.jon-dahl-tomasson-offers-hint-blackburn-rovers-tactics/

For all of us asking him to tighten things up with an extra defensive mid or 3 at the back it seems the answer appears to be 'No' (albeit he doesn't actually say those words).

Not sure where we go from here other than hope the players somehow make it work before we end up in the relegation zone?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Anybody trying to say JDT is worse than Coyle has to be taking the piss, can’t be any other explanation.

One took us to losing out on the play offs due to goal difference, which would have been a play off spot if the club had brought in even a half decent striker in January, as he requested. The only bloke at the club showing any ambition or interest in improving the club.

The other saw £££ signs, brought donuts and the only relegation to the third tier in 30 odd years.

22 hours ago, Mercer said:

We are a bigger mess than a Coyle Rovers' eleven

21 hours ago, booth said:

The same Owen Coyle eleven that included Raya, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Conway and Danny Graham.

Edited by booth

2 hours ago, roverblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24049327.jon-dahl-tomasson-offers-hint-blackburn-rovers-tactics/

For all of us asking him to tighten things up with an extra defensive mid or 3 at the back it seems the answer appears to be 'No' (albeit he doesn't actually say those words).

Not sure where we go from here other than hope the players somehow make it work before we end up in the relegation zone?

Yeah those comments are really worrying. While we have a very major issue with set pieces teams are generating loads of chances from open play as well. We give away the ball cheaply in midfield and teams run straight through us. Or long straight balls front to back beat our back line.

Feels like JDT is in denial.

I don't claim to be ITK. I'm not regarding transfers etc. However, I do have contacts  around Brockhall.

JDT has totally lost the dressing room. He can only manage kids as the more experienced members of the squad won't listen to him. Travis was causing him issues around the place by questioning his tactics and selection. The squad are on the side of Travis and have downed tools. 

6 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I felt I had to make that disclaimer due to witnessing how others have been lambasted for sharing any information they have. 

In all fairness you only get lambasted for repeatedly spreading total bullshit.

The odd friend of a friend tidbit is usually taken on board.

Speaking for myself of course there.

• Like 2

This kind of stuff comes out every time a team is on a bad run. On the flip side we’ve heard plenty over the past 18 months of how the players think he’s the dogs bollocks.

Huddersfield, QPR, Stoke at home will let us know one way or another.

Edited by Mattyblue

On 14/01/2024 at 14:45, booth said:

I've always thought a defensive unit with Brittain, Carter and Pickering was a poor defensive unit on paper and pitch. At a normal club some of their performances last season would have led to one or two of our fullbacks being offloaded.

Brittain has never convinced as a defender and like Pickering is better going forward. I've always thought Pickering is an awful fullback. Carter, like Hyam, is better when he's got someone reliable next to him. Hyam is the best of them but is too quiet to command the area and needs an experienced partner.

S Wharton has never been the same since coming back from injury. He was fantastic prior to that, I thought he was going to be the new Colin Hendry. Sadly he now looks nervy and doesn't seem to be able to react quickly enough. I feel sorry for the lad as he's got talent but seems unable to access it at present.

Adam Wharton shouldn't be playing every game. Too much too soon.

We've conceded the most goals because we have a poor squad. It was unbalanced under Mowbray and now it's been left to rot. We simply can't carry that many misfiring, poor or inexperienced players.

I reckon the only reason Wharton signed his new deal this season was the promise to play nearly every game 

18 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I don't claim to be ITK. I'm not regarding transfers etc. However, I do have contacts  around Brockhall.

JDT has totally lost the dressing room. He can only manage kids as the more experienced members of the squad won't listen to him. Travis was causing him issues around the place by questioning his tactics and selection. The squad are on the side of Travis and have downed tools. 

I feared that was the case the ground between him and Travis has never been smooth but it's hard to know who is calling it straight. Knowing a lot of fans are angry JDT hints that it's financial and puts it onto the club and player but no one there comes out and says the Head Coach didn't feel he was up to it and he wanted to go.

Truth will be somewhere in the middle but either way a very important and experienced squad member has been bombed out at a crucial stage of the season.

I'm finding it harder and harder to back Tomasson over this past week or so despite understanding he's had the rug pulled and what he's up against. Travis no matter what your opinion has been here years and hes lived and breathed Rovers and is very much the kind of character needed when it's backs to the wall.

• Like 5

You hear about managers/coaches losing the dressing room every time poor runs happens

The only time I remember a manager "losing" the dressing room has been a Sunday pub team. And he was an idiot. I don't doubt there have been cases in professional football of a breakdown in communication, but it certainly isn't as often as we hear

In reality the players are professionals. They may bitch and moan to each other, but when they go out on to the pitch they don't go out to lose. It doesn't happen

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Travis no matter what your opinion has been here years and hes lived and breathed Rovers and is very much the kind of character needed when it's backs to the wall.

Certainly of far more use than a kid on loan.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

They may bitch and moan to each other, but when they go out on to the pitch they don't go out to lose. It doesn't happen

Has in the past with rovers under Jim iley

13 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Has in the past with rovers under Jim iley

I shouldn't ever say never, but 99.99% of the time it does not happen

Players respect their own reputation too. Throwing games is a sin. I have seen dressing room bust ups because other plays have called out someone for not putting in 100% - literal fist fighting. "Not playing for the manager" is imo a lazy statement

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BarryMaguire said:

I reckon the only reason Wharton signed his new deal this season was the promise to play nearly every game 

He signed it because he loves the club. They'd have rather sold him but he refused.

57 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

i guess we`ll find out on saturday

25 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

In reality the players are professionals. They may bitch and moan to each other, but when they go out on to the pitch they don't go out to lose. It doesn't happen

they were definately going out to get ince sacked

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You hear about managers/coaches losing the dressing room every time poor runs happens

The only time I remember a manager "losing" the dressing room has been a Sunday pub team. And he was an idiot. I don't doubt there have been cases in professional football of a breakdown in communication, but it certainly isn't as often as we hear

Well anyone who was at Wigan away under Ince might disagree, iv'e seen a lot of football and that was a thrown game if iv'e ever seen one.

Saturday was worse but that was down to the fact we are the weakest team in the division physically and being dragged down by a silly style of football that plays directly into exposed our weaknesses.

What was standout though which hasn't really been the case recently was the lack of fight, spirit and effort bar a couple. There was no togetherness nor desire and that goes for the technical area as well.  It was way more than just another bad day at the office it was a white flag scenario.

• Like 6

Think tomphil has nailed it. This"silly style of football" is exactly what it is.

If you are City/Barca with endless amounts of cash maybe you can afford to play ballerina tippy/tappy cos the players are just so good. Think that style really suits a much hotter climate than East Lancs. 

But when the players are uncomfortable with the style(as they clearly are)and its creating loads of errors why cant they mix it up with "hoofball"??

The parallels with Jim Iley and the"Stuart Metcalfe"incident are unnerving. As

older fans will recall the manager lost that one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Well if that's the case, please would you get a message back to them and tell them they're playing for everyone who turns up on Saturday. It would be nice of them to actually turn up themselves now and again. 

If they can't be arsed, tell them to let us know in advance so we don't need to bother. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1