BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

The fans need to demand another meeting with waggot a laptop(after an extensive computer course) and one of those venky bastards on a zoom call. We as fans and them as owners deserve half an hour of a zoom call after the shit they have put us through and if they can’t be arsed turning up the least they can do is sit on the mansion and do a zoom call. We don’t want lies and platitudes from your puppets anymore. It’s been 13 fucking years and we demand half an hour of your time. 

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Second half of the previous 3 league seasons (+ this one to date)

20/21 25 points (18th in form table)

21/22 27 points (19th)

22/23  30 points (13th)

23/24 2 points from 6 games (24th)

What else do you expect at a Club "with no pressure on results?"

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Labouring the Mowbray point is laughable.

The training ground stuff. Reece James’ dad’s interview about nearly coming on loan to Blackburn and how Mowbray put him off. Death spirals. “It’s not the 90s anymore.” Telling key players to look elsewhere for bigger deals at the end of theirs. Telling staff members that “big ships like Sunderland don’t come along very often” (League One Sunderland, at the time) and encouraging them to leave. A complete free pass in the Covid season. Bradley Johnson as a false 9. “It’s a long commute.” 

Do me a favour.

I agree it was a mess, it should have lasted 2-3 years tops. 

But, the same patterns emerge no matter who's in charge and who plays for us, and that's why it gets dredged up. 

Just now, Pedro said:

Why??  The guy who got us promoted from League One straight away wasn't a good appointment all of a sudden? Him who gave the club a lot of heart, signed some very capable players who, had we not let them run their contracts down, would've generated millions (yes...and some crap!) but levelled off.   

He was brought in first of all to keep us up and he failed. So he certainly wasn't a good appointment in that respect. 

1 minute ago, M_B said:

He left a squad which finished 8th then 7th, where are we now less than 12 months later? 

My God, we have fallen off a cliff. 

Have you noticed the massive cut in budget? Would you care to compare what Mowbray spent on players he wanted to what JDT has had spent for him by that clown Broughton?

JDT finished higher in 1 season here than Mowbray did in 6 despite having an inferior budget and not being able to bring in his own players. JDT also inherited a squad that had just lost it's player of the season and captain from the previous season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I agree it was a mess, it should have lasted 2-3 years tops. 

But, the same patterns emerge no matter who's in charge and who plays for us, and that's why it gets dredged up. 

There is something fundamentally wrong with the club and that is the owners, we’re all onside there, I think.

I just cannot handle the Mowbray love-in, when it pops up.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, booth said:

It didn't help that morale was rocked amongst the players as some of them already knew they were on their way, and that the project had changed, well before it was reported.

As I said earlier, the wheels are always going to fall off a club in turmoil.

Who went last January exactly??

I am the one accused of re-writing history by a JDT fan boy (sorry, I didn't notice the name)...but I seem to recollect us wobbling around the Burnley game, then Preston...being really indifferent for a couple of months...then not winning for 9 games at the end of the season and finally winning on the last game when it was out of our hands.

That has been rewritten as a success by some on here. Not winning in 9 games and missing out on the playoffs on goal difference after being in the top 6 for months. 

We failed. He failed. He achieved nothing more than Gary Bowyer. He is a sulky bottler who has himself, rather than us, at heart.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its quite incredible considering all that is going on that so many seem keen to repeatedly mention Mowbray.

I note you aren't jumping down those posters' throats because they're blaming someone else (JDT) for our demise other than the owners!

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its quite incredible considering all that is going on that so many seem keen to repeatedly mention Mowbray.

Because fans are looking for answers and some of the shit that went on under his tenure is still happening now, just at a more extreme level. We fucked up January windows back then too. It's like a massive group therapy session with all sorts of old bollocks getting talked about. 

I feel that Mowbray's "it's not the 90s" attitude has prevailed in the club since (I'm talking from CEO down to certain playing staff). We seem to have forgotten what a proud club we are with certain standards that are expected, other clubs have it and use it to their advantage, we seem to have turned it into a millstone around our necks. 

I'd love to create new memories and not dwell on the golden years and JDT was someone who offered a glimpse of that, if completely flawed in doing so. I cannot fathom the paradox in my head of my enjoyment of that first season vs how shit the local derby games were and how poor our form was as a whole.  

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Why??  The guy who got us promoted from League One straight away wasn't a good appointment all of a sudden? Him who gave the club a lot of heart, signed some very capable players who, had we not let them run their contracts down, would've generated millions (yes...and some crap!) but levelled off.   

It blows my mind how blinkered or distracted fans are on here that they can't see that JDT isn't actually doing a great job...yet he is some sort of God/mmartyr purely because he has a whinge about the absolute numpties above him.

It blows my mind that you're praising a bloke who failed to get us in the play offs with plenty of money and time, but yet a bloke who has been here for a season and a 1/2 and got us to our highest placed finish on comparably no budget - then had the budget cut even further - lost many key players - with owners/executives interfering left and right...  And I quote. "Hasn't done a great job." And then qualify it by saying people see him as a deity.

Of course he hasn't done a great job, who would? But you can't take away the fact he did better in one Championship season than Mowbray did in 3. And I can only imagine that if they hadn't screwed up the O'Brien deal he'd have got us into the play offs.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I am the one accused of re-writing history by a JDT fan boy (sorry, I didn't notice the name)...but I seem to recollect us wobbling around the Burnley game, then Preston...being really indifferent for a couple of months...then not winning for 9 games at the end of the season and finally winning on the last game when it was out of our hands.

That has been rewritten as a success by some on here. Not winning in 9 games and missing out on the playoffs on goal difference after being in the top 6 for months. 

We failed. He failed. He achieved nothing more than Gary Bowyer. He is a sulky bottler who has himself, rather than us, at heart.  

But you could say EXACTLY the same about Mowbray couldn't you?

Gallagher at RB for 10 mins then subbing him?

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It blows my mind how blinkered or distracted fans are on here that they can't see that JDT isn't actually doing a great job...yet he is some sort of God/mmartyr purely because he has a whinge about the absolute numpties above him.

Sorry, only read the last few lines.

Whilst not a single fan sees JDT as a 'God/martyr', most recognise that he's done a good job with a crap squad and no backing.

TM also did a good job, agreed. It's not a competition between the two - they both did well for us.

The worry should be who is about to replace JDT, because it sure as hell won't be anyone of his calibre.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I just cannot handle the Mowbray love-in, when it pops up.

Yeah me neither, it was purely functional, like finding a bonus Fray Bentos pie in the cupboard when coming home pissed. Good for your immediate wellbeing and lulling you into a false sense that it will provide you with much needed sustenance, but bad for you in the long run, especially if repeated regularly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

What has January got to do with it? The project changed post-transfer window.

Let's stick with solid facts though, he finished 7th, which is higher than the guy you were praising.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Szmodics knows what's going on, he's just a normal passionate fan like the rest of us, think he feels it and he wears his heart on his sleeve. I wonder what his relationship with JDT was like and whether he agrees with the tactics.

When he went off against QPR I was expecting him to snub JDT on the touchline but they seemed to have an amicable if animated discussion. 

JDT's tactics have been good for Szmodics on a personal sense (goals) but that lad is a winner and facts are, we don't win anymore. He looked absolutely fed up on Saturday for quite a while.  I do feel as though his head had gone and he downed-tools the other day.  We are too much of a soft touch and there was a lot of overplaying with the ball. Almost no urgency, again.

• Like 1

Mowbray was competent. But because of that and him succeeding Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer and Coyle he is of course seen as a massive success.

Fundamentally his highest finish in 5 years was 8th.

He had time and he had backing and that was the best he could do. 

Compare and contrast to what others have done in a fraction of the time elsewhere.

A big +ve in the Mowbray analysis is the players he brought in and developed. Of course the Armstrongs, Rothwells, Diaz's all good. But I'm sure if the owners and board had actually applied pressure and demands on league position and results rather than just leave him be for 5 years we might have had less player projects and perhaps some higher finishes.

The cynic in me suggests he knew his route to longevity here was to convince the owners he was protecting and developing their 'investments' and once he was out of the way it was 'cashing in' time leading to today's mess.

That some people still pine for him 18 months on after his frankly disgraceful public comments and admissions sums up for me the depths and low standards the Indians have dragged this club to. Anywhere else and he'd just be consigned to the drawers of mediocrity.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

JDT's tactics have been good for Szmodics on a personal sense (goals) but that lad is a winner and facts are, we don't win anymore. He looked absolutely fed up on Saturday for quite a while.  I do feel as though his head had gone and he downed-tools the other day.  We are too much of a soft touch and there was a lot of overplaying with the ball. Almost no urgency, again.

I think that's why the two crosses he hit, the last almost on the half volley, before going off injured where tired first time attempts, I felt like it was him proving a point, "get it in the fucking box".

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't know who brought up Mowbray, but it's batshit insane to praise the fella whilst giving the current fella some stick. If you aren't happy with JDT, it must follow that Mowbray was a smidge disappointing?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

If as suspected the bits where attendees swore to secrecy were concerning JDT's as-yet-unannounced departure, or the McGuire transfer fiasco, I presume the reason for the need for secrecy would be to protect the club from legal action (in the case of JDT) & to protect the McGuire transfer appeal.

I may be wrong, but that would be an entirely valid reason for a cloak of secrecy at the present time, & not something to level at the fans who attended as being in cahoots with Waggott or somehow lured into his trap. 

If its not for the public domain he shouldn't be saying it in a fans forum. Leaking the information shows him up to be unprofessional and slimey. If the club gets sued, I don't really care at this point. It can only push us closer to admin.

15 minutes ago, booth said:

Let's not forget the year before that, 15th.

Last season we lost a bunch of important members of that squad in 8th place, unreplaced.

And this season we lost a key member of that 7th place finish, unreplaced. Along with bags of experience in the squad, unreplaced. And just lost another one, unreplaced.

When you look at the full story it's unsurprising we've fallen off a cliff.

I wouldn't dispute any of that, and some of the football under Tomasson has been the best in a decade,especially earlier this season. 

The trouble with Mowbray, with the club as it is, it was always very much a case of careful what you wish for. 

It's this insistence that him leaving was the best for the club, when in hindsight it's looking like a right dog's dinner, we can't even get paperwork right. 

Incidentally, we never seem to cock up when it comes to selling, especially for £22 million. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, booth said:

It blows my mind that you're praising a bloke who failed to get us in the play offs with plenty of money and time, but yet a bloke who has been here for a season and a 1/2 and got us to our highest placed finish on comparably no budget - then had the budget cut even further - lost many key players - with owners/executives interfering left and right...  And I quote. "Hasn't done a great job." And then qualify it by saying people see him as a deity.

Of course he hasn't done a great job, who would? But you can't take away the fact he did better in one Championship season than Mowbray did in 3. And I can only imagine that if they hadn't screwed up the O'Brien deal he'd have got us into the play offs.

No one was more frustrated than me about the end to last season but we had some absolutely wretched luck after the cup defeat at Sheffield Utd and the run in. After years of having our club and aspirations run down by the Teeside Curmudgeon, JDT has been a breath of fresh air. He’s a winner and doesn’t suffer fools and would have got us in the play offs and probably promoted had they got O’Brien and a striker in last January. 
I will be genuinely gutted if he leaves, he’s without doubt the best manager we have had for many years and will go on to great things. He is the solution and not the problem and we should all be up in arms in protest at the Stoke match if he goes and Waggott and the incompetents remain.

Edited by Penwortham Blue
  • Like 7