BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

5 minutes ago, roverblue said:

If he is going I wonder who replaces him?

You would think given the shambolic nature of the last 6 months that Broughton has a list but we should never under estimate the clubs ability to be incompetent.

We should be forgetting about that Broughton list we need a different type of manager now 

Quite clear from that interview Broughton did on that academy documentary it would be the same sort of coach as JDT with a similar playing style

Someone who knows the division like Rowett should be appointed 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We should be forgetting about that Broughton list we need a different type of manager now 

Quite clear from that interview Broughton did on that academy documentary it would be the same sort of coach as JDT with a similar playing style

Personally can see us appointing someone until the end of the season, and then going back to the list/plan in the summer

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Personally can see us appointing someone until the end of the season, and then going back to the list/plan in the summer

Wouldn't surprise me if Broughton is out the door and it's a new model 

Selling everyone of value and replace them on a league 2 budget(well to be fair that model has been in play the last year)

Before turning to Broughton and play out from the back style , a manager had to have a promotion on his CV to get appointed here 

• Like 2

There's potentially going to be no one left...

Head of finance left in December, Finance Director supposedly retiring imminently.

Broughton may not be the best, but I certainly don't have him on the same level as Venkys / Suhail / Waggott.

I don't think we can afford to lose all our finance team AND JDT AND Broughton. Who's going to hold everything together, Waggott?!

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nobody mentioning Damien Johnson---ex-Rover, been at the Club for a long time, Venkys like loyalty etc.

Not recommending him, just saying he might be offered it.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I would argue that Broughton is the only one with something resembling a plan, at the club.

Is it still “not a huge loss” when you consider that without him, our next managerial appointment would be made by Waggott and Suhail?

Broughton has to stay, for me. Whether he wants to after the bullshit that’s been pulled in the past week or so remains to be seen.

I f he has to stay , we are going to have to play a different system , no good playing out from the back .

The players are not good enough to play it (the ball is like a red hot potato to our defenders)

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

Nobody mentioning Damien Johnson---ex-Rover, been at the Club for a long time, Venkys like loyalty etc.

Not recommending him, just saying he might be offered it.

Johnson might take it on an interim basis but he has said on a number of occasions he doesn't want to be a senior manager/head coach 

9 hours ago, DE. said:

Mowbray never had to deal with the financial and recruitment insanity that JDT has had to put up with. JDT could only dream of having £7m to spend on a handful of players, let alone a single striker. 

Never mind if we spent seven mill, it would be the egg that spent it! 

Particularly the last few years Mowbray was robbing a living, and it's mine boggling to be that he's been given yet another gig 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I f he has to stay , we are going to have to play a different system , no good playing out from the back .

The players are not good enough to play it (the ball is like a red hot potato to our defenders)

Many ways to skin a cat and lots of willing bladesmen that would take the task on here, but a plan is essential. Either you’re identifying someone short term or long term and recalibrating the plan under a director of football or you’re allowing a penny-pitching CEO and a former fruit juice distributor to pick someone.

I know which I prefer.

6 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

We won’t be changing our style of play anytime soon.

The YouTube channel that toured the academy confirmed that. We now have an ‘identity’ that goes through all the age groups to help play out from the back in a specific formation.

11 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Best finish since relegation playing that way and comfortably top 10 this season until injuries /cutbacks caught up with us

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I would argue that Broughton is the only one with something resembling a plan, at the club.

Is it still “not a huge loss” when you consider that without him, our next managerial appointment would be made by Waggott and Suhail?

Broughton has to stay, for me. Whether he wants to after the bullshit that’s been pulled in the past week or so remains to be seen.

I say "not a huge loss" on the face of it because we ultimately have zero clue how much influence he actually has. He may have brought JDT to the club in the first place but as time has passed and the financial situation has become apparent, how much influence will he have on the next appointment? I don't know, and neither do you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

"Swift action" scares me in that:

a - sounds very much like panic stations; and 

b - we don't function well under pressure, as per the last 2 Jan deadline days.  They HAVE to get this right, there's no margin for error. 

That was a solid article in the Mirror too, gave a good recent potted history of the last 18 months.

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Best finish since relegation playing that way and comfortably top 10 this season until injuries /cutbacks caught up with us

It could do with more flexibility but yes, if he'd have had an actual budget we'd be in the playoffs if not promoted already but you know, venkys.

Raos out.

• Like 4