BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not convinced that the higher level of players have the same respect for him as managing teams of a lower reputation.

Not an issue here for me. Potter has huge job there to sort it the playing squad who will part of the squad or not. 

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Potter obviously doing terribly at the minute, but the recruitment was all over the place. Smashed tons of money on players, but nothing on a striker, when they can’t score goals…

A simple tweak of Havertz at number 10 and Joao Felix up top, would probably help! 

Its a fair point they spend loads of money but not a striker. They had Lukaku last season who didn't perform and was lazy and disinterested. Didn't get why they loaned him for such a low fee

45 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

If spending £400 + million isn't backing him then I don't know what is. Potter looks lost. I can't imagine it's easy balancing that squad but surely you'd be expecting better than what he's serving up at the moment. 

He looks exhausted. I've half a feeling he'd be quite happy to be paid off and have some time off right now.

I'm not sure whether Potter has sole charge of transfers and which players are signs or whether its like transfer commitment style system with Bohely, Vivell, Winstanley, Macauley and Potter on who decides which players they signed. 

Its will take time and patience to gel such a squad with lots of new signings, different nationalities of players, learning and moving to new country will take lot of adaptability and time to settle in. 

I'm sure he working hard and if he turns it around there and make a success he would be in line to replace Southgate as England manager when he goes as long with Newcastle manager Eddie Howe 

If Chelsea hadn’t have come calling he would’ve been a shoe in for the England job (only 18 months until Southgate goes remember)

Could well be damaged goods now after he’s inevitability ‘potted’ over the next few weeks… stil think of the payout for less than 6 months work.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• Backroom

"We were talking before the game about watching All or Nothing and Arsenal two years into Mikel's [Arteta] reign, he is close to getting the sack, people are wanting him out and it is a disaster," Potter added.

"Obviously now things have changed a little bit, but that is just the way it is. You look at Jurgen's [Klopp] situation. He hasn't got the results and all of a sudden people want him out. That is just the nature of football."

I find these comments from Potter a little disingenuous. Arteta won an FA Cup in his first six months as Arsenal manager and they've never finished lower than 8th with Arteta in charge. Chelsea meanwhile got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round when City smashed them 4-0 and are on course to finish a lot lower than 8th based on current form. Can't imagine Arteta had hundreds of millions to spend on players either. 

In regards to Klopp, do "people" want him out? Most Liverpool fans I've spoken to think he has enough credit in the bank to deserve time in the summer to put it right. Again, disingenuous to compare these scenarios as Klopp has more credit in the bank at Liverpool than Potter is ever likely to have at Chelsea. 

I find the Arteta comparisons a bit lazy when used in defence of Potter, personally. I don't think the situations are especially comparable. Definitely not comparable as far as Klopp is concerned. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chelsea need to stand by Potter and back him. They have signed lots of players so clearly will take time to gel. Training sessions must be awful when you got over 30 players to work with. Bohely and his merry men need to back him. 

Also its great to see Chelsea supporter trust come out and call out the people sending deaths threats to Potter and his family. uncalled for and these people need finding and jailing for it

Literally the same thing you say about every manager that is failing.

Didn't know he was getting death threats. What a bunch of entitled fuckwits their fans are.

On 27/02/2023 at 00:20, DE. said:

"We were talking before the game about watching All or Nothing and Arsenal two years into Mikel's [Arteta] reign, he is close to getting the sack, people are wanting him out and it is a disaster," Potter added.

"Obviously now things have changed a little bit, but that is just the way it is. You look at Jurgen's [Klopp] situation. He hasn't got the results and all of a sudden people want him out. That is just the nature of football."

In regards to Klopp, do "people" want him out? Most Liverpool fans I've spoken to think he has enough credit in the bank to deserve time in the summer to put it right. Again, disingenuous to compare these scenarios as Klopp has more credit in the bank at Liverpool than Potter is ever likely to have at Chelsea. 

I find the Arteta comparisons a bit lazy when used in defence of Potter, personally. I don't think the situations are especially comparable. Definitely not comparable as far as Klopp is concerned. 

I agree with this.

Time was, 50+ years ago, when I worked in the city; and I'm still in contact with quite a few of "the lads" I worked with back then. Most of them were "Reds" and I was the first Rovers' fan they'd ever met socially.

Those Reds were adamant; that Klopp was, is, and (pretty well for as long as he wants to be) will be the manager for them.

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Everton should have had that wrapped up by half-time. Forest will be the happier of the two based on the balance of play.

The difference in that game was the subs. Forest got stronger when they emptied the bench, Everton got weaker.

Turns out spending £150m+ on 25+ new players can work out for you. 

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Gutted that I missed it.

I dislike Liverpool as much as I dislike Manchester United.

The only amusing thing from that game was watching Bruno Fernandes lose his head. He was begging to be subbed off at 6-0 down and stopped running for 20 minutes.

Also it wasn't that Liverpool were good today, Manchester United were just shocking. Shaw had the worst game I've ever seen him play and I generally think he's a pretty tidy left back. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sympatheticclaret said:

As ever a man of peace, it's lovely to find a topic on which both Rovers & Clarets fan can find a measure of agreement and consensus .... Manchester Utd losing 7-0 to Liverpool is one such example, given the " entitled " nature of a large proportion of their fanbase. I think Windsor Davies speaks for a lot of us ....

2fb1f0ff1589fb03ffa4814f3aef0929.jpg.574f3f4c601bd2e31f154fe163a65775.jpg

In the same season they lost 6-3 to City too 🤭

27 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Bruno Fernandez displaying an utterly disgraceful attitude in the defeat today. I'd be demanding he was stripped of the armband after that.

A pathetic individual.

Not that any United player was fitting of wearing an armband today, but one of them should have marched up to him on the pitch and demanded he hand it over. Shane Duffy excluded, I've never seen a player so obviously give up during a game. 

Disgraceful diving (nothing new), having the ball knocked past him and literally walking whilst his team mates spring past him, shoving the linesman and waving in protest at not being subbed when 6-0 down. I've never seen anything like it.

• Like 2