BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Newcastle were fantastic today and where on the game from minute 1. Joy to watch for a neutral fan. Manchester United were truly awful today

Still one of the best commentators in the UK Football. 

31 years commentating on the Premier League is such a great and awesome achievement. 

It is a great achievement but it doesn't mean that he should continue indefinitely because of it. Some of the shit he spouts is cringeworthy nowadays.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is a great achievement but it doesn't mean that he should continue indefinitely because of it. Some of the shit he spouts is cringeworthy nowadays.

I don't find his commentary cringeworthy at all. I guess if that bothers so much then turned the sound off or watch the game on different channel which I believe you can with how you watch them. Maybe watch Bein Sports or PL tv

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

He was at his peak, imo, when alongside Andy Gray in the commentary box. Peak era of the Prem back then too, it could be argued. That United v Arsenal rivalry, "Wiltooord", and Rovers kicking some backsides with Souness in the dugout. Man...

92-95 was the peak PL era, been downhill ever since

• Like 5

Interesting timing by Chelsea with the Liverpool game on Tuesday. Chelsea coach Bruno Saltor has been put in interim charge 

Feel for Potter as I hope he would be successful there before possible replacing Southgate as England manager. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea appoint either Pochettino or Nagelsmann. I wonder if Chelsea sacked Potter cos they want to appoint either one of those before Spurs do. 

Potter has gone favourite for the Leicester City manager job already. That didn't long did it

Chelsea will get Nagelsmann. He has been linked to Spurs and they will likely try and bring him in asap before Spurs do anything.

Could see Potter at Leicester and it would feel like a better fit for him.

Spurs will probably end up back with Poch and it'll probably all go wrong.

• Like 1

Is it? He has some really talented players at his disposal. The squad is bloated but I feel like his shortcomings may come around managing high profile players.

His team selections are really random too. Yesterday he had 2 centre backs on the bench yet Cucurella and James were 2 of a back 3 with Loftus Cheek at wing back.

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Chelsea have spent £550 million on players this season! How can they not have infringed the rules on over-spending?

They’ve given everyone 7 year deals and spread the payments over the same period. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Interestingly the rules have now been changed (although not retrospectively) so only 5 years of a deal count towards FFP. 

Has this actually came into effect in the UK now? I thought the loophole was "unless they are allowed to be longer in a particular country"

And I don't know whether the FA have restricted it

If it does, or has, come in then this will be the second time that Chelsea have been directly responsible for financial restrictions being put in place. A pretty rancid football club

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Chelsea have spent £550 million on players this season! How can they not have infringed the rules on over-spending?

Watch what happens if they don't shift some players this summer, ban incoming

Can't remember who I was listening too but they said that basically if they sold Loftus-Cheek, Mount and Gallagher, they'd be there or thereabouts with the FFP limits.

Today's markets with the British mark up, there's £120m+ worth of player across those three and they're all Academy graduates so that's all pure profit. 

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it? He has some really talented players at his disposal. The squad is bloated but I feel like his shortcomings may come around managing high profile players.

His team selections are really random too. Yesterday he had 2 centre backs on the bench yet Cucurella and James were 2 of a back 3 with Loftus Cheek at wing back.

It doesn't work that way. 

Much like Conte he has a style of play and a system - you know that before you hire him.

You can't just throw players at him and expect him to make it work.

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Much like Conte he has a style of play and a system - you know that before you hire him.

I get that, and as is a risk with a director of football structure, he may not have necessarily wanted the players he got.

But still, there is so much quality there, even on Saturday he had 2 centre backs on the bench with 2 full backs at centre back, and Loftus Cheek at wing back.

I also question whether the players respected him as they did at smaller clubs previously.

They haven't looked like they were ever making progress under him, even small steps.

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I wouldn't feel too sorry for Potter. He is set for life off the back of 6 months work!

Potter agreed to take alot less money then he was entitled to. 

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Potter was searching for the right formula there. I think James shouldn't have been playing at right centre back but at right wing back. Cucurella played left centre back in back 3 before. Agreed on the Loftus-Cheek point

The squad is deffo bloated so I do agree there and they seemed no clear transfer plan and and players fitting Potter's tactical style and play/formation. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I agree. But the transfer plan seemed unplanned and no clear strategy or idea of what they wanted properly. 

If you looked at their January signings, I can understand why they signed Enzo Fernández and João Félix but what they really needed was number 9 striker. Brentford striker Toney would be ideal but the situation with Lukaku and Aubameyang needs sort properly out now. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I get that, and as is a risk with a director of football structure, he may not have necessarily wanted the players he got.

They haven't looked like they were ever making progress under him, even small steps.

Potter had input into signings and he brought Paul Winstanley with him from Brighton to be co-director of football there with Christopher Vivell. Bohely should have kept Petr Cech on as Sporting Director for the first year there so he and his other owners could learn the ropes. Getting rid of so many key personal so quickly has also led to this massive problems there. 

Bohely 6 weeks ago backed Potter and results weren't much better than now, So what has changed so much given his comments on Potter only 6 weeks ago. Bohely needs to allow allow Vivell and Winstanley to recommend who to appoint as next head coach there. For me, there is 3 clear candidates who are Julian Nagelsmann, Mauricio Pochettino and Luis Enrique for the job. I'm sure they will be others but I can't comment on them as don't know enough about them

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Potter agreed to take alot less money then he was entitled to. 

Potter was searching for the right formula there. I think James shouldn't have been playing at right centre back but at right wing back. Cucurella played left centre back in back 3 before. Agreed on the Loftus-Cheek point

The squad is deffo bloated so I do agree there and they seemed no clear transfer plan and and players fitting Potter's tactical style and play/formation. 

I agree. But the transfer plan seemed unplanned and no clear strategy or idea of what they wanted properly. 

If you looked at their January signings, I can understand why they signed Enzo Fernández and João Félix but what they really needed was number 9 striker. Brentford striker Toney would be ideal but the situation with Lukaku and Aubameyang needs sort properly out now. 

Potter had input into signings and he brought Paul Winstanley with him from Brighton to be co-director of football there with Christopher Vivell. Bohely should have kept Petr Cech on as Sporting Director for the first year there so he and his other owners could learn the ropes. Getting rid of so many key personal so quickly has also led to this massive problems there. 

Bohely 6 weeks ago backed Potter and results weren't much better than now, So what has changed so much given his comments on Potter only 6 weeks ago. Bohely needs to allow allow Vivell and Winstanley to recommend who to appoint as next head coach there. For me, there is 3 clear candidates who are Julian Nagelsmann, Mauricio Pochettino and Luis Enrique for the job. I'm sure they will be others but I can't comment on them as don't know enough about them

I haven't seen much in the way of something progressing so I can understand why a change was made. He has not shown progress to warrant extra time, 

I think the Aubameyang situation is pretty indicative. At Arsenal, Arteta totally jettisoned him from the squad with no exceptions, rightly or wrongly, it still showed a clear showing of leadership.

Potter removed Aubameyang from his Champions League squad yet had him on the bench more than once in the league afterwards. Mixed messages does not show that authority and in general I have wondered if he can and was commanding the respect of players with big egos.

Cucurella is a defensive liability, not best suited to playing as a centre back especially when Potter had a £30m left footed centre back on the bench. He seems to be just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks with regular changes and little consistency.

I think Pochettino is overhyped.

• Like 1