BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Modric and Kroos play games at their own pace and they have 3 much younger, top class midfielders.

Camavinga isn't top class. Tchoumeni can't get in the team because he's been poor and valverde is more affective as a wide right player

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

It would but I think city would work their way around kroos and modric easily.  Great players but they won't have the pace to keep up with city's midfield the way they play through the opposition 

Madrid just turn up when it matters, that’s the concern for City. Modric and Kroos both play like they’re still 21, yet they’re still well into their thirties.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Madrid just turn up when it matters, that’s the concern for City. Modric and Kroos both play like they’re still 21, yet they’re still well into their thirties.

Apart from in the league, where they are 12 points behind and have lost their must-win match with Barcelona.

Chelsea are decidedly average, it's why they're 11th in the Premier League. City won't have seen anything from Real Madrid this season that will scare them and they're a fairly weak opponent by Champions League semifinal standards.

City have one foot in the semis, a few toes in the final, and a few fingers on the trophy already.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roverandout said:

Modric is a fabulous player.  Kroos is also still pretty good but I don't think they will be able to handle city's quick passing 

I think Real will adjust tactically. They did it superbly well last season with Ancelloti proving to be a master in knock out competitions. 

I see Real sitting back, staying compact and either hitting City on the counter or picking short spells in the game where they up the intensity. If City get the lead in the tie it'll be difficult for Madrid. But given their quality I wouldn't think City would feel remotely safe until there is a cushion of a couple of goals.

18 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Haaland the difference for City this season. They had 3 glorious chances spurned to kill the game at the Bernabeu last season, they absolutely battered Madrid in both games. Haaland won't be quite so generous I don't think.

His difference was proven the other night, going to Germany at 2-0 you're thinking chance for Bayern at home, Haaland gets one shot and scores one goal to make it 3-0 and you're now thinking game over. Don't really see how they can be stopped this season and think they do the treble after beating Arsenal at the Etihad.