BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

2 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Burnley winning now... Job done for them I think and I hate to say it.... Best team in the league by a country mile. 

And that's with many new players and a new manager. 

Add to that they heavily feature on a highly rated film that's out on Netflix now, Bank of Dave... Balls. 

• Backroom

Annoyingly good, they’ve had a knack of getting appointments right, not sure yet about Kompany long term but he was backed and got it right 

Absolute walk in the park sadly 

Burnley are absolutely walking this league, to be so far ahead at this stage is impressive. Who would have thought that bringing in a manager and giving him the backing to bring in his own players would be so positive.

Roll on tomorrow to watch us try to play the managers chosen style with last year's players.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Add to that they heavily feature on a highly rated film that's out on Netflix now, Bank of Dave... Balls. 

The less of Burnley references I see on TV the better.... It hurts enough as it is Tricky. 

The only thing we can probably look forward to is is them failing to stay up in the Premier league if they get promoted, which they surely will unless something catastrophic happens. 

39 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

The less of Burnley references I see on TV the better.... It hurts enough as it is Tricky. 

The only thing we can probably look forward to is is them failing to stay up in the Premier league if they get promoted, which they surely will unless something catastrophic happens. 

True, at least we won't have to play them next season... 

Regarding TV, The Last of Us might be more appropriate for them then. 

A quick glance at the table tonight. We share a play-off position with Watford, Middlesbrough and WBA. Now fair enough you can put forward an argument that on paper and on spending we have no right at this moment in time to be expecting to finish above them 3 (that isn't to say I accept being inferior on quality or spending to those clubs, but the reality is that's where Venkys have taken us).

But go beneath the top 6 and look at the 'chasing pack' and it is nothing at all to fear. We have Norwich (arguably a decent side on paper but a shadow of what they were in years gone by and we've beat them twice recently). We have Millwall and Luton (two organised solid sides but not blessed with quality). Swansea (very inconsistent). Sunderland (fresh out of Lge 1 and managed by muddled Mowbray) and QPR (look like sliding away under new management).

I suppose what I'm getting at here is that other than possibly Norwich there should be nothing and nobody in the pack behind us that we should be fearing or expecting to do better than us over the course of the rest of this season. I'm tired of this 'poor little Rovers' routine. We should be expecting to match or better Millwall, Luton, Sunderland, QPR, Swansea and the like over the next 19 games or whatever it is. None of that lot have the parachute cash excuse to hide behind. 

Do that and it becomes 4 from 5 between us, Norwich, WBA, Mboro and Watford for the play-offs.

The other way of looking at it is if the season finished with us where we are, or a place or two lower, the argument could be made that we had done about as well as could be expected and that all the sides above us should be on depth, spending and quality. But drop much further than 2 more places and sides are there that shouldn't be above us on depth, spending and quality. If we are finishing below Luton, Millwall, Sunderland, QPR it isn't because they are bigger, richer, or coming out of the PL. 

The way I'd be approaching the rest of the season is on that basis. We need to match or better those clubs below us of which only 1-2 should really concern us. The rest are much of a muchness and if we aren't confident of doing better than them from where we are we might as well give up

• Like 5

8 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

A hard won three points tonight. Just Watford in the top 10 we haven’t beaten this season, yet. Considering there’s “no Fulham or Bournemouth” this season we are doing OK. If we carry on like this we might just have a shout at joining the exclusive 100 club!

We are at humble brag stage now, I see. 

I really thought this season would be the one when we regain our position as Burnley's superiors but I was massively wrong. Kompany has done a terrific job, bought well and used the loan market excellently. But the thing I give them most  grudging admiration for is their spirit. How many times have they come back from behind to win? I'm guessing ten but maybe Longsiders or Sympatheticclaret can confirm. That ethos cannot be understated and drawing the obvious comparison with us they are streets ahead in nearly every aspect of the game. That might rankles with a few and it makes me sad but it's the truth.

Kompany for Tomasson? In a heartbeat.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

How many times have they come back from behind to win?

I’m trying to remember. I think it’s 6 but I’ll need to check.

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We are at humble brag stage now, I see. 

Always stay humble but there comes a time when you have to start accepting what is unfolding in front of you. WBA were another inform team who were expected and expecting to beat us but ultimately failed. The bookies and statisticians have us at over 90% chance of promotion and around 64% likelihood of being Champions. Nothing is assured but when there are 18 games left and you can probably lose 7 and still go up then it’s probably time to embrace it and, yeah maybe be a bit ‘braggy’. These seasons don’t come around often for teams like mine so I’ll enjoy it when it does.

• Like 1

Then they have a very strange understanding of the game. Or you should take daft posts on social media  with a pinch of salt.

Give you a good game, certainly. But plenty of people expected them to beat the runaway leaders, at their ground (where they are unbeaten all season) who have two defeats in 27 games? Come on Longers, the ‘little owd Burnley ‘ routine is wearing a bit thin now.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Yeah yeah. You were expected to get beat last night? By who?

This lad seemed pretty convinced at half time.

12 hours ago, roverandout said:

The job that corbaran had done at West Brom Is incredible that will be 11 wins in 14 games.  Just shows u can come in and make an impact if u know what ur doing. Hes a far better coach than jdt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I really thought this season would be the one when we regain our position as Burnley's superiors but I was massively wrong. Kompany has done a terrific job, bought well and used the loan market excellently. But the thing I give them most  grudging admiration for is their spirit. How many times have they come back from behind to win? I'm guessing ten but maybe Longsiders or Sympatheticclaret can confirm. That ethos cannot be understated and drawing the obvious comparison with us they are streets ahead in nearly every aspect of the game. That might rankles with a few and it makes me sad but it's the truth.

Kompany for Tomasson? In a heartbeat.

Dyche for Tomasson? In a heartbeat.

• Like 2