BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

That looks like West Brom gone. We have a very outside chance but I can’t see beyond Coventry and Mowbray’s lot, that will be really hard to stomach 😡

Sunderland have to go PNE last day of the season so if they still even have outside chance of playoffs won't be easy game at all 

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

So the 2 biggest shithouses in the championship are going up.

One that can’t count and submit its books on time and one that refuses to pay for players.

Football, don’t you just love it…..

But they can pay for those players now they have premier league money!

All part of their master plan I suppose.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sunderland have to go PNE last day of the season so if they still even have outside chance of playoffs won't be easy game at all 

Could do with PNE beating Sheffield United on Saturday to keep them interested against Sunderland (that is if Sunderland don’t slip up prior to that against Watford)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

So the 2 biggest shithouses in the championship are going up.

One that can’t count and submit its books on time and one that refuses to pay for players.

Football, don’t you just love it…..

And if Coventry win the play offs they’ll be up because they weren’t punished for failing to fulfill three fixtures.

• Like 4

Hypothetically, if Rovers and Millwall both win the next game and one of Sunderland or Coventry drop points, our final game against Millwall could see a draw resulting us both dropping out of the playoffs on the final day. 

A good old fashioned, next goal wins. Considering we're crap at scoring goals, that would be a pretty worrying scenario but a rollercoaster final day nonetheless. 

West Brom losing tonight gives me a glimmer of hope. If they'd gone above us too, I'd have put our chances as next to zero. That coupled with Luton now having pretty much nothing to play for means there is still a chance. 

I do think that promotion would take a minor miracle though. Even if we somehow make the top 6, our lack of firepower will surely see us falter in the playoffs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Hypothetically, if Rovers and Millwall both win the next game and one of Sunderland or Coventry drop points, our final game against Millwall could see a draw resulting us both dropping out of the playoffs on the final day. 

A good old fashioned, next goal wins. Considering we're crap at scoring goals, that would be a pretty worrying scenario but a rollercoaster final day nonetheless. 

West Brom losing tonight gives me a glimmer of hope. If they'd gone above us too, I'd have put our chances as next to zero. That coupled with Luton now having pretty much nothing to play for means there is still a chance. 

I do think that promotion would take a minor miracle though. Even if we somehow make the top 6, our lack of firepower will surely see us falter in the playoffs.

I’d just like the chance to find out 🙏

• Like 2

• Backroom

I was thinking that Connor Mahoney may pop up and do something against us, then realised he left Millwall for Huddersfield and has only played 8 times 

proper unfulfilled potential there 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

I was thinking that Connor Mahoney may pop up and do something against us, then realised he left Millwall for Huddersfield and has only played 8 times 

proper unfulfilled potential there 

Poorly advised I suspect. Years ago a pal of mine had a son who was in big demand by most of the North West clubs plus Leeds Utd. Bristol City were going really well then and were very ambitious, they offered his dad the best deal so he went there. He never made it mainly because of being homesick.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers could beat Millwall on the last day and be reliant on Preston. 

There's a song there somewhere.

• Like 2

Some twists and turns yet. West Brom have to play Norwich and Swansea so points being dropped there whichever way. Coventry have to go to Middlesbrough which ought to be a very difficult one. Sunderland to PNE. Swansea at Hull this weekend which won't be easy with Hull's recent form. Even Millwall @ Blackpool - Blackpool realistically have to win that to stay in with a survival shout.

We're still in it and if we won them both I'm certain that would be enough given other fixtures and our position. I'm tired of worrying about other results. We need to win ours, no more if buts or excuses. 1 win in 10? Make that 1 or 2 in 11 or 12 games and nobody can complain if we miss out.

• Like 2

Looking ahead to next year, looks like there will be the least amount of Parachute Payments flying around since I can remember.

Only Norwich and Watford will have them who are in the league currently, and they'll be on their final year too due to 1 year relegation. So 5 teams overall with the relegated 3. If there's a few basket case clubs in that then we'll probably never see a better time to compete.

So if the 3 relegated clubs (lets say Saints, Everton, Forest) all got instant promotion back we'd be down to no legacy parachute payments and just the relegated 3 teams in 2024/25 as it'll be dried up at Norwich/Watford (as well as WBA this year). 

In our last year of payments, 10 different clubs were receiving them, a lot more competition. Even going back just 3 years there were 8 different clubs receiving them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Looking ahead to next year, looks like there will be the least amount of Parachute Payments flying around since I can remember.

Only Norwich and Watford will have them who are in the league currently, and they'll be on their final year too due to 1 year relegation. So 5 teams overall with the relegated 3. If there's a few basket case clubs in that then we'll probably never see a better time to compete.

So if the 3 relegated clubs (lets say Saints, Everton, Forest) all got instant promotion back we'd be down to no legacy parachute payments and just the relegated 3 teams in 2024/25 as it'll be dried up at Norwich/Watford (as well as WBA this year). 

In our last year of payments, 10 different clubs were receiving them, a lot more competition. Even going back just 3 years there were 8 different clubs receiving them.

Originally it was smaller amounts spread over 4 years. I'd make it just a one off payment now

2 hours ago, 1874 said:

Rovers could beat Millwall on the last day and be reliant on Preston. 

There's a song there somewhere.

exactly 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Some twists and turns yet. West Brom have to play Norwich and Swansea so points being dropped there whichever way. Coventry have to go to Middlesbrough which ought to be a very difficult one. Sunderland to PNE. Swansea at Hull this weekend which won't be easy with Hull's recent form. Even Millwall @ Blackpool - Blackpool realistically have to win that to stay in with a survival shout.

We're still in it and if we won them both I'm certain that would be enough given other fixtures and our position. I'm tired of worrying about other results. We need to win ours, no more if buts or excuses. 1 win in 10? Make that 1 or 2 in 11 or 12 games and nobody can complain if we miss out.

be saying for weeks that they will be more twists and turns to come in this season. 

Luton and Millwall are definitely beatable.

So are Stoke, Birmingham, Norwich, Hudds, Hull, Coventry, Preston. We only got just 4 points from these lot.

These last 2 games, we need more than Arte et Labore, we need our forwards to put away chances, we need JDT to stop mucking around subs, we need Lady Luck... and possibly black magic.