BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Big game against very tough opposition. 3 home losses on the bounce and 5 losses in 6 wouldn't be a good look.

They can't be that good. QPR have beaten them and PNE, Birmingham, West Brom and Rotherham have all got draws. And Burnley probably shouldn't have lost to them.

36 minutes ago, roverandout said:

There probably won't be a game 

I think after the bad decision to call off tomorrows games, when every other sport is going ahead. The mid-week games will go ahead, but next Saturdays games will be postponed

• Like 3

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

I had nothing better to do tonight, so I remeniced about stuffing Watford at Ewood in the early seventies. I then thought about a song I had to learn at junior school a few years earlier, "Puff The Magic Dragon", both brought a tear to my eye, when I looked them up on youtube. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Care to explain that one?

They call off games when other associations don't, and I presume they haven't thought about fans already booking, transport and hotels. We are lucky in that fans that have paid for transport will not be too out of pocket, because Wigan is only a short trip. Others won't be so lucky. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

They call off games when other associations don't, and I presume they haven't thought about fans already booking, transport and hotels. We are lucky in that fans that have paid for transport will not be too out of pocket, because Wigan is only a short trip. Others won't be so lucky. 

It's a sign of respect for country loss. Fans have been given over 24 hours. I was going Wigan myself but driving there myself. 

I'm sure your transport cost will be still valid if using official Rovers coaches and I think you will get a refund. Same for match tickets if you can't go to the game  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I will get sod all back for my train ticket. But as I said I bet there are fans of other clubs who have paid for hotels, they will not get their money back. I will stand by my original statement. The footballing authorities don't give a shit about the fans.  I don't get this sign of respect for the countries loss. The Royal family have very little to do with football, except the odd high publicity attendance at major occasions.

I don't know about train ticket terms and conditions as I won't use them. I don't know about clubs fans booking hotels, etc. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at edit post rigger. No need to swear. 

It is fairly simple, for any fan whoever they support, if they have bought a ticket on the train , or booked a hotel, they will not get their money back, because the service is still available. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is fairly simple, for any fan whoever they support, if they have bought a ticket on the train , or booked a hotel, they will not get their money back, because the service is still available. 

But you could rebook the hotel for the rearranged game date couldn't you? 

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But you could rebook the hotel for the rearranged game date couldn't you? 

I don't know, because I am talking about fans from other clubs . They might have made plans for a Saturday in the south of England and they they may suddenly need to plan for a Tuesday or a Wednesday night.

• Like 2

Alright I’m going to say this once more before I start locking and closing these threads, because once again my email is full of reports. 

This is a football forum. We have purposely not done anything to acknowledge the death of the Queen because we are a Rovers forum in the first insistence. 

If you want to discuss or post on any of the following, use the relevant threads in ICBINF or WDWY:

Politics

The Royal Family

The death of the Queen

The new King

The cost of living crisis 

Brexit

The King’s brother

This is the final warning on this subject. If you choose the ignore this I’ve asked the moderation team to issue warnings, hide posts and lock threads. 

• Like 2