BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Should favor us playing against a better side. Since we like to let the opposition have the ball and break quickly. Against a superior team like Watford it makes sense. But against a struggling stoke and decent enough bristol city team not so much. But anyway. They are nearly as good as Fulham last season going forward. Hopefully we turn up and can defend or it could be as bad as the 7-0 game last season. 

Didn’t work out to well against Sheff Utd Danny, it’s been many a year since I’ve seen a Rovers side so comprehensively beaten and I include the Fulham game in that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Should favor us playing against a better side. Since we like to let the opposition have the ball and break quickly. Against a superior team like Watford it makes sense. But against a struggling stoke and decent enough bristol city team not so much. But anyway. They are nearly as good as Fulham last season going forward. Hopefully we turn up and can defend or it could be as bad as the 7-0 game last season. 

i beg to differ,giving the ball away has seen us get beaten badly against sides we should be beating,especially as we currently commit to many players forwards without the killer pass,do that against sarr and jao pedro and the game will be over before 20 minutes,not a matter of defending better more a case of not giving the ball away

• Like 2

I'm concerned about another Fulham style mauling in this game. Our last few performances, Blackpool aside, have been dire and Watford have the quality to punish us.

Watford have pace and strength all across the top end and experienced campaigners at the back. Sarr and Joao Pedro are the obvious dangers, but their wing backs, Kamara and Sema are quick and love to get forward too.

A midfield three of Kayembe, Asprilla and Chowdhury are likely to have a field day against any pairing we have in the middle. We simply don't have the quality in midfield, IMO.

Rovers 0-4 Watford.

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'm concerned about another Fulham style mauling in this game. Our last few performances, Blackpool aside, have been dire and Watford have the quality to punish us.

Watford have pace and strength all across the top end and experienced campaigners at the back. Sarr and Joao Pedro are the obvious dangers, but their wing backs, Kamara and Sema are quick and love to get forward too.

A midfield three of Kayembe, Asprilla and Chowdhury are likely to have a field day against any pairing we have in the middle. We simply don't have the quality in midfield, IMO.

Rovers 0-4 Watford.

And yet, after the same number of games, Watford are only one point better off than us. To stop their midfield having a field day, we should play a trio rather than a pairing. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

On 10/09/2022 at 18:48, chaddyrovers said:

I think we will cause them plenty of problems. Watford are paying 4-3-3 so I would set up 4-2-3-1 formation and here my team

Kaminski

Carter Hyam Wharton Pickering

Travis Morton

Hedges Szmodics BBD

Hirst

I will go for 2-1 Rovers win with Hirst and BBD scoring 

Really? I thought Watford have played three at the back pretty consistently?

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Rovers 0-4 Watford.

Totally agree with this. Sounding like a broken record but it's imperative we switch to three at the back and three in the middle. If we do that I think we will at least be competitive. If we stick with the 4231 Watford will just breeze through us.

Huge boost if Scott Wharton is available. Not having Brittain is a huge issue, having Buckley there is the least worst of the bad options. Team for me :

Kaminski

Carter.    Hyam.    S Wharton

Buckley.   Morton.   Travis.  A Wharton.  Pickering 

Hirst.        Brereton 

22 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Totally agree with this. Sounding like a broken record but it's imperative we switch to three at the back and three in the middle. If we do that I think we will at least be competitive. If we stick with the 4231 Watford will just breeze through us.

Huge boost if Scott Wharton is available. Not having Brittain is a huge issue, having Buckley there is the least worst of the bad options. Team for me :

Kaminski

Hirst.        Brereton 

Jesus.!!

Bucko and Carthorse covering down the right against the best attacking team in the division....worrying 🙈

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Kaminski

Hirst.        Brereton 

Jesus that’s worrying, those wing backs are going to get destroyed. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Jesus.!!

Bucko and Carthorse covering down the right against the best attacking team in the division....worrying 🙈

I think Carter’s a good player. I’m hoping we can keep playing and developing him. I’ve picked the most stable defensively team that I can…

Kaminski

Travis Buckley 

Hedges Dack BBD 

Hirst

Just now, J*B said:

I think Carter’s a good player. I’m hoping we can keep playing and developing him. I’ve picked the most stable defensively team that I can…

Kaminski

Travis Buckley 

Hedges Dack BBD 

Hirst

I think you are right Carter needs to be in a 4, not competent enough in a 3.

7 hours ago, rigger said:

Wrong.

Really? You wouldn't play Harry Kane or Mo Salah or Haaland on the left wing cos you think that the weakness of the opposition

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Really? I thought Watford have played three at the back pretty consistently?

In the game against the dingles they play 4-2-3-1 formation? I haven't seen them in other games. 

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Kaminski

Hirst.        Brereton 

I really like the look of that side.

Back 3 looks as solid as we can be, until Ayala replaces Carter.

More than enough at the other end to create some chances and cause some problems.

Really difficult to predict how we'll do so far this season, but I'll err on the side of optimism and I think we'll do the southern fairies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Two teams will play a game of football, after which there will be a result. 

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Some Mystic Meg shit right there, bro. 

Actually, that's a mildly bold prediction in the current climate.

• Like 3

Can't see us getting anything other than a bit of a footballing lesson here, based on what I saw at Ewood last time out. Would love it for JDT and his boys to make me eat my words, but I don't think there will be much other than another learning curve to pick out from the game. Hey ho.

COYB!

On 09/09/2022 at 18:55, simongarnerisgod said:

going to have to play deeper,sarr and jao pedro are miles ahead of anyone in the division striker wise,you can`t give them any space or we will be seriously embarrased

One of our problems some games, giving the ball away to cheaply and leaving gaps for the opposition to take advantage of. Hopefully we will turn up for 90 minutes against Watford and put things right.