BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've watched it 20 times and struggle to see a clear offside, but I will take it given several wrong decisions in recent games. 

My biggest complaint is some form of communication from the ref which could be broadcast to the crowd why it's not be given. 

We have plenty of squad depth and can play 2 very different formations which listening and read JDT's post-match comments he wants the options to play different formations in different games with us playing the same style of play. 

Szmodics, Vale, Edun, Gallagher and Markanday all missed out on the squad for different reasons. I don't include JRC has I don't see him playing here again first team wise after JDT comments last week about him. His time here is done. 

Anyone not in the 18 squad well its down to them to train well in training and push their way into 18-man squad. 

really? Pedro hand moves into Travis's stomach which is clear to see on the footage and let's hope he is ban for 3 games.  

No reaction? did you not seem JDT's reaction? 

The 4th official had a clear view of it. so why no decision from him again? 

For me I can't really see when we would get much advantage from a 4231 tbh whoever we play. I think 343 and 352 would be the two we will use going forward. Use 343 when we want to play wider more and 352 when we want to focus more centrally.

Big casualty will be Dack for me. Hard to see how he gets back in. Maybe we could use him in the 352 as a number 10 behind the two strikers if we want to play through the middle.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crozzy said:

I was sat Row 9 of jack walker lower by away dugout and I didn’t see it but I heard him hit Travis. Shocking 

Travis goes out to wind players up. He is quite nasty with them and he expects to be punched.

I bet when he is punched he's thinking (and smiling)to himself, "Ah! I've got this bastard wound up. That's put him off his game for tonight".

Glad we have Travis.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bazza said:

Travis goes out to wind players up. He is quite nasty with them and he expects to be punched.

I bet when he is punched he's thinking (and smiling)to himself, "Ah! I've got this bastard wound up. That's put him off his game for tonight".

Glad we have Travis.

As the Watford commentators said " he could start a fight in an empty room".

They were also less than complimentary about a small crowd in a big stadium and lack of atmosphere. A bit odd from a club who brought less than 600 away fans.

So chuffed with what we saw last night.

Was a great team effort across the board, with a solid defensive platform creating a base to build from.  We were out of the traps fast, and there were some wonderful pieces of 1 & 2 touch football and some lovely bits of individual skill. Highlights for me were the build up to the 1st goal, BBD's curler that was a whisker past the post, Dolan's sheer peskiness, Hyam's goal, Hedges' round the corner above, and his sublime, perfectly weighted through-ball to BBD from the middle of our half whilst being pulled back.

On Travis, he'd be a bugger to play against. In that incident with the "punch" (hard to tell exactly how bad it was), if you look at the lead up to it seconds before Travis seems to tangle legs with Pedro, whose reaction might've been a retaliation to that? I agree he pushes the line a bit but he's clever enough to know what he can get away with, and sure does wind opponents up. One of those players you love if he's on your team, hate if he's not (like Savage).

Onwards & upwards; Luton next, a poor hunting ground but only drew 2-2 with Cov tonight so shouldn't hold any fear for us.

8 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

For me I can't really see when we would get much advantage from a 4231 tbh whoever we play. I think 343 and 352 would be the two we will use going forward. Use 343 when we want to play wider more and 352 when we want to focus more centrally.

Big casualty will be Dack for me. Hard to see how he gets back in. Maybe we could use him in the 352 as a number 10 behind the two strikers if we want to play through the middle.

I would still use 4-2-3-1 in games. I'm not a fan of playing 3-4-3 but we were excellent against Watford 

Edited by chaddyrovers