BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

Just finished reading all the comments after getting home from the match.  I got to say how much better we looked with 3 quality centre backs ,great to have Wharton back and ayala but hyam fits in so well. And Carter had a good game but as someone has mentioned I do think he lacks the attacking side to his game that brittain gives us. Also one thing I did  feel today was how much bigger we looked on corners with hedges, Diaz, Carter, ayala,hyam and Wharton all in the oponents box something we have lacked for some time. Great performance every man played his part. 

• Like 5

Superb performance tonight. I am one happy Rover!

Were Watford that bad, or did we stop them playing ? I always think that's a good debate to have, as I think sometimes we don't give our lads enough credit when it's due. We didn't give them a moment's peace to get on the ball.

Anyone bar TK could lay a fair claim for MoM ( & he just had nowt to do really), but for me I'd give it Dolan with Hedges a very close second.

Well done lads, a thoroughly enjoyable evening! 💙🤍

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 5

It’s a massive relief that we can pull a performance like that off….I was extremely worried coming into the game watching previous home games….

I just feel like it’s going to be one of those inconsistent seasons but I’ll take that if it’s going to give JDT & GB time to bring quality in…A tough game on Saturday where I’d happily take a well fought draw. 

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The noises from Cov suggest Hyam didn't push for a move at all, and that the club almost foisted it on him. Meanwhile, Lenihan was very much wanted here but decided he wanted to be elsewhere. Funny how differently their form and fortune has been, you'd expect it the other way round based on whether they got what they wanted (I worried Hyam might not be motivated here but it doesn't seem to be the case).

Hyam certainly celebrated his goal like he wanted to be here. I get the impression, this is a team that look after each other and will have welcomed him with open arms. Very happy with him so far. 

• Like 2

Solid performance, and solid is spectacular! Was a bit worried for Wharton in the first half with a few uncharacteristically iffy moments, but second half he was flawless. Everyone played their part and this formation looks like the way forward.

Watford looked like a bunch of strangers. Some big individual talents in their side but on a couple of occasions 2 of their players stopped to have arguments with each other. Two horse race between Edwards and Wilder for the first Championship sacking.

Big thing now is finding some consistency. Mind you, if we win half our games and lose the other half we’ll equal last seasons points total. Looking like another season where a playoff place is a realistic possibility for the majority of the league.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago we were a small team with no real physical threat on set pieces but last night we scored from a corner (our first this season) and could possibly have had more. Physicality is important in the Championship and suddenly we are with half a dozen six foot plus players last night.

• Like 9

Well done Rovers.  This performance shows that we can compete with good teams, once we have some of our injured players back.  I was very worried after the Bristol game that JDT just didn't have the Championship nous to be successful, but last night has gone some way to dispel that fear.  A special mention for Dolan, who a forthright ago looked to be set for the fringes this season, but has roared back with some excellent performances.  And a penny for Dack's thoughts right now.

• Like 7

When we play we play, fantastic performance last night, Watford couldn't cope with the slick passing of Rovers. Just what Ryan Hedges needed, a goal chalked up and one in the net for Dom Hyam, he stuck it in the back of the net well. Just one more thing, well done to all those at Ewood last night for the minutes silence to the Queen, not a sound through it. Why can't we play like last night more consistently, frustrating at times.

Glad Carter his proving his worth i maintained all along we should keep him and give him his chance he's like a new signing.

A bit like Wharton when on loan he got rave reviews regularly and he seems similar in attitude just loves to roll his sleeves up. My kinds of players and it's often been missing to have an entire back line like that here in the last decade.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

It’s a massive relief that we can pull a performance like that off….I was extremely worried coming into the game watching previous home games….

I just feel like it’s going to be one of those inconsistent seasons but I’ll take that if it’s going to give JDT & GB time to bring quality in…A tough game on Saturday where I’d happily take a well fought draw. 

Its going to take time for JDT to come up with the finished article, until then were going to get inconsistency. If we play like we did last night and we have once or twice this season, i will be dreaming of a rovers top 6 Christmas.

The little car turned in F1 performance.

Hopefully the huge big tanker, hells bells it so big it's a juggernaut, gets a puncture tonight and the driver arrested for impersonating a football manager.

Ok I admit it - Dolan and Hedges were both great last night, no one had even a slightly poor game ... apart from Watford.

Hyam's goal ... stunningly good.

JDT is building from the back which has always been the way to do it so he and GB get brownie points too.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I don’t know how much to read into us tonight because they were  SHITE, as in one of the worst displays I’ve seen at Ewood in years shite.

You can only beat whats put in front of you RV, but yes, Watford were abysmal, they didn't have one shot in the first half that I can remember and weren't much better in the second.

I can't add much more than what has already been said to be honest, it was an all round excellent performance with Dolan showing why he's going to a player and Riverside boo boy Pickering also shutting a few up in the process too.

Rob Edwards probably wishes he was back of Forest Green right now, the Championship is a whole different ball games.

Onwards and upwards.

Ps - Our kit looks superb this season, it looks pretty damn good every season but this season in particular. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

A few weeks ago we were a small team with no real physical threat on set pieces but last night we scored from a corner (our first this season) and could possibly have had more. Physicality is important in the Championship and suddenly we are with half a dozen six foot plus players last night.

BBD was unlucky not to get on the score sheet, the keeper kept it out. I agree we have wasted many a corner, great to see us score off one.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 1