BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The other bonus is that it seems Carter is a more than capable RB which eases the pressure of having only Brittain in that position.

And hopefully gives him some competition.

I thought it was Carter's best game for us - looked very comfortable down the right.

Pickering did similarly well down the left.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Lenihan appears to have not made the bench (and not been injured) for Boro's game tonight, which they lost, leaving them 20th.

I wonder how green he is finding that grass?

These are the risks when you make money motivated sideways steps although i'm sure Coventry fans have said the same about Hyam.

• Like 2

Terrific performance and result.

Undoubtedly, Ayala and Wharton gave us the rock steady foundation.  If these two and Hyam can stay fit then who knows..........dare to dream!

A nice little earner, a nice glass of wine and it's goodnight from me.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

A complete home performance 2 goals scored a clean sheet and 3 points. Rovers were class across the pitch. Absolutely no criticism can be aimed at the club tonight 👍👍

I'll have a go. Shame only 11,803 were present to witness an excellent performance. 

• Like 3

Didn’t give them a sniff did we. JDT masterclass, they didn’t expect a back 5, looked like they were lost sheep for 45 mins and they certainly didn’t like a team pressing them did they! Joao Pedro is embarrassing, what a fucking wet wipe he is, Travis pocketed him all game and he did enough to be sent off on another day. So refreshing to see us change tactics every game, it won’t work all the time, but it’s made through the week to play against the next team we find ourselves against; rather than Mowbray’s ‘young lads need to make their own decisions’ approach. 

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

iv`e always thought pickering is ok defensively but lacks the pace to be really effective,you need speedy full backs/wing backs in the modern game

I would disagree, what you need is good full backs/ wing backs in any game. Amarii bell was fairly speedy.

Edited by rigger

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

iv`e always thought pickering is ok defensively but lacks the pace to be really effective,you need speedy full backs/wing backs in the modern game

In terms of quality wide players Watford are up there with anyone in this league and he did alright.

I think the key is Scott Wharton (or when he's out hopefully Mola) providing cover in a 343 or 352 to back him up.

As long as we compensate for his average pace I think in other areas Pickering's a good left back/wing back. Decent in the air, quite strong, decent left foot. Hes alright. 

• Like 1

So pleased with the result first and foremost but delighted with the performance. Tomasson got his tactics spot on tonight with the back five along with Travis and Morton denying them any space to pick us off and the front players putting a real shift in to press and force Watford to go long on many occasions. Hedges was terrific and he has been a revelation this season and I for one am pleasantly surprised how good he actually is. Solid is what I want Rovers to be every game and tonight we were and we limited a good team with individual flair to next to no chances. We need to show some consistency now to eradicate those poor performances when we are too easily beaten.

Well done Rovers.

• Like 7